Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bring the pain hot sauce

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

otnomart wrote: »
    I got a bottle of Scorpion Slammer, made with Moruga scorpion chilli.
    Tasty, but one drop in a pot is enough !

715398_47abcf4c21344bf5a4cb3ff5db01321c~mv2_d_1242_1229_s_2.webp

Where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Where did you get that?
    (I live in Continental Europe, got it in a local shop).
    It is from an English brand: Tubby Tom's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

They are currently stocked in lidl. Just picked up 3 bottles of it at €1.29 a bottle, far cry from €16, as my last bottle is near empty.

I do believe not every bottle is equal, as the first time I bought 'bring the pain' hot sauce, it really wasn't that hot, but a friend seemed surprised, and i tasted his bottle when i was over at his, and was suprised by the heat, and so I bought another bottle myself and sure enough, it was liquid fire too. Hopefully all three of the bottles i just bought have the extreme stuff in them.

They are stocked as the black lid in a 3 colour sauses mix, green orange and black. green is jalopeano, orange is habenero, and 'bring the pain' in black.

Plenty of green and orange bottles left, but the black lids are in much shorter stock in my local.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Got a bottle of this today. It’s just liquid heat and nothing else. Don’t think I’d get it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Got a bottle of this today. It’s just liquid heat and nothing else. Don’t think I’d get it again

That's the beauty of it. A couple of drops will warm up any meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Has anyone ever tried to drink a shot of this sauce??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yester wrote: »
    That's the beauty of it. A couple of drops will warm up any meal.

But you can also have heat and flavour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

But you can also have heat and flavour.

That’s what I like about lots of different ones is that there is a depth of flavour. I didn’t rate this one it was just heat and nothing else, not even a vinegar kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

What is good to eat with this sauce??

3 drops in the Lidl Chowder - yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    That’s what I like about lots of different ones is that there is a depth of flavour. I didn’t rate this one it was just heat and nothing else, not even a vinegar kick.

I disagree - but it is very easy to use too much and then you lose the flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I saw this sauce in Lidl Moore St. Dublin today, but I didn't get any, since the bottle I got last time is still half-full. A little of that stuff goes a long way. (I've had the Jalapeño before - nice but goes too quick - and I'm trying the Habanero, which is somewhere in between the two extremes.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chakr1

Does anybody know if this sauce is still available?

I had a look in Lidl this morning but it seems to be gone. It does come around fairly regularly though, so I'm sure it will be back.

Yup, saw it in Lidl again yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's been in with all the BBQ stuff in my Lidl all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

I see some YouTuber is saying that this stuff is 7.1m scoville units? That seems like a lot of burn if true.

I have a bottle of this stuff at home and it really is hot. A couple of drops is enough to liven something up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Asif345

And the best tip for blending ingredients is not to use a blender

I would love to get a proper scoville reading on Bring The Pain. It's the only one I've had so far that is too hot for dipping, but it is dynamite in soups and stews. A bottle lasts me a year as a meal portion of anything requires only 1 drop, or 2 if feeling feisty. Any more overpowers the grub. It's funny because the jabanero they sell beside it could be drank by the glass.

Advertisement