Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Yaris Cross

• 06-04-2021 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have any idea of the price range for this car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My guess would be midway pricing between Yaris and C-HR so circa €24.5-€25k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Thanks. One article I read estimated about 21k and another about 25k. That'd be quite a big difference for me. Might have to wait to get one a few months old.....if my current car will last that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

@OP Have you looked at the Ford Fiesta Active. It is something similar and 17k would get you into a base spec one a Focus Active is from 22k. Some lovely cars in the current Ford range if you are worried about your car not lasting.

Here is a link,

https://www.ford.ie/

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    @OP Have you looked at the Ford Fiesta Active. It is something similar and 17k would get you into a base spec one a Focus Active is from 22k. Some lovely cars in the current Ford range if you are worried about your car not lasting.

Here is a link,

https://www.ford.ie/

Thank you. I suppose the Ford Puma would be more on par size wise, as a mini-SUV. I like Toyota's though. I've always driven them. All 2 of them. That's all I've needed. They just last great and cost so little to maintain.

Ms

You are welcome. The Puma is there too. It is also very nice. No harm in having a look.
    Awe very good.
    Puegeot 2008 is another option.
    Citroen C3 Aircross and Renault Captur are too more.

It will be a few months maybe even a year yet before the Yaris Cross is out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

The longer it take the better. Especially if the price will be closer to 25k. It would give me more time to save. But catch 22, as only if my current 20 year old car will make it til then. Although there's no indication it won't, still running absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Sorry but that car is bloody awful looking, it looks like a kia sportage.

FrankC21 wrote: »

I think it looks really nice. Would obviously want to see it in person though.

Ms

FrankC21 wrote: »

Which car ate you on about and what's wrong with a Kia Sportage. In the right colour and the right spec they look great. I bet you would change your mind if you seen the GT Sportage? It looks really well. I will admit they could drive a bit better but the GT is supposed to be really good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

AMKC wrote: »
    You are welcome. The Puma is there too. It is also very nice. No harm in having a look.
    Awe very good.
    Puegeot 2008 is another option.
    Citroen C3 Aircross and Renault Captur are too more.

It will be a few months maybe even a year yet before the Yaris Cross is out.

I'm keen on the Yaris Cross as well. Ford/VW don't seem to have any hybrid SUVs in the 25k range as far as I checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'm keen on the Yaris Cross as well. Ford/VW don't seem to have any hybrid SUVs in the 25k range as far as I checked.

The Puma (if you could call it an SUV) comes in Hybrid now. It starts around that price range plus

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

road_high wrote: »
    The Puma (if you could call it an SUV) comes in Hybrid now. It starts around that price range plus

Is that not just a faux mild hybrid? Don't think they are a proper hybrid in the same sense as the Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is that not just a faux mild hybrid? Don't think they are a proper hybrid in the same sense as the Toyota.

I think the Puma ST line might be a proper hybrid but anyway the 1 litre engine seems quite small for a mini SUV. Atleast the Yaris Cross will have the bigger 1.5 engine for motorways.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the Puma ST line might be a proper hybrid but anyway the 1 litre engine seems quite small for a mini SUV. Atleast the Yaris Cross will have the bigger 1.5 engine for motorways.

There is no "proper" Puma hybrid. They are all mild hybrids which is not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

it makes me genuinely sad to think young people today are getting excited about crossovers. The future of motoring is bleak.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

unkess I have missed something it seems a no brainier to go a few grand more and get a CHR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I spotted one yesterday and it really stood out. If you've kids it's much better than a CHR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Old diesel

THIS.

CHRs are dark in the back and not especially roomy.

Advertisement