Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Saw that too. A bit disappointing. When many of the MVCs are down to 47, 46 and even some 45s, you'd have expected it to open today really. They seem to be creating a deliberate gap (given they promise 3 days notice so if the portal opens on Monday you are looking at tomorrow week at earliest before they start jabbing the 44s). Subject to correction this was not what happened when they went from the 65-69s to the 60-64s and all the 50s were done as a 10 year block. I know the 40s is a big cohort but clearly in some MVCs they could move onto 44s by this weekend if they aimed to do that.
    Well, it does give them a bit of space to address the group 7 issues and there are also a lot of AZ second doses for HCWs coming up. We'll likely see those vaccinations as a higher proportion of daily doses for a bit. Finally there is the plan to ramp up to 400K a week and getting that in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Saw that too. A bit disappointing. When many of the MVCs are down to 47, 46 and even some 45s, you'd have expected it to open today really. They seem to be creating a deliberate gap (given they promise 3 days notice so if the portal opens on Monday you are looking at tomorrow week at earliest before they start jabbing the 44s). Subject to correction this was not what happened when they went from the 65-69s to the 60-64s and all the 50s were done as a 10 year block. I know the 40s is a big cohort but clearly in some MVCs they could move onto 44s by this weekend if they aimed to do that.

I only got 24 hours notice. Text Monday lunchtime, vaccine yesterday lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Bipo wrote: »
    Based in Naas
    Registered on 7th May (I know it was meant to be 13th May)
    No appointment yet. Checked portal too.

Anyone from Naas here who got vaccinated?

Most 56 year olds who registered on the 7th were.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭josip

Shouldn't we be trying to keep the country in step rather than it turning into a race between MVCs?
    If some MVCs are 5 years ahead of others, something should be done to redress either supply or capacity at the MVCs that are lagging.
    Not open up the next cohort for the entire country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

josip wrote: »
    Shouldn't we be trying to keep the country in step rather than it turning into a race between MVCs?
    If some MVCs are 5 years ahead of others, something should be done to redress either supply or capacity at the MVCs that are lagging.

Yeah this makes sense, I just posted on the vaccine thread about it that a pause in registering to allow other areas catch up and use the ones doing well to take some from the areas struggling as well as catching up on people who didn’t apply when they were allowed and probably a few who were missed for other random reasons would make sense. It wouldn’t actually slow down how many are getting jabbed just the age profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 california dreaming

Feria40 wrote: »
    Anyone been vaccinated at the racecourse in Galway this week? Any idea of broad age range?

Hiya Feria,

I'm in the same boat as you, trying to keep track of progress in Galway, as waiting for husbands vaccine. They were flying along Sat / Sun / Mon moving through each age per day.

Got this information below from this thread over last few days:

51 YEAR OLD - SATURDAY 22nd May
    "Husband and I both 51, both registered last Wednesday. Him: Friday 21st, J&J Me: Saturday 22nd Pfizer. Galway. He got a text, I didnt yet, just checked the portal when he got his. Counting the minutes :)"

50 YEAR OLD - SUNDAY 23rd May
    "23RD MAY: Got Vaccine today Galway Race Course.
    Age 50. Pfizer.
    Registered ten days ago.
    Great Organisation - In and Out in 30 minutes including 15 minutes observation."

50 YEAR OLD - SUNDAY 23rd May
    "Male 50 Galway RaceCourse Appointment Sunday.23rd May Registered 13th May Text This evening. Pfizer"

49 YEAR OLD - MONDAY 24th May
    "Registered yesterday afternoon at 4pm and amazingly got a text a few hours later with an appointment for Monday at 3.15 - Galway racecourse, pfizer. I'm 49"

49 YEAR OLD - MONDAY 24th May
    "Registered 18th May Confirmation 21st May Vaccination date 24th May Pfizer Galway city Age 49"

THURSDAY 27th May - "Looks like Galway Ballybrit are doing AZ on Thursday / 51, Healthcare frontline, second dose"

Heard they were doing more 49's on Tuesday also. That's all the info I have. So there may be a delay as a result of more HCW's getting their second vaccine dose.

Anyone else have any info on Galway Racecourse?

Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

If what they are doing actually achieves that then fair enough. But that would only be the case if it is shortage of vaccine slowing things up in some places. But is that the case? I think it's just they have made a mess in how some districts are set up. Slowing down other areas then to let them catch up will only be an optics / political thing - I.e. I'm not sure stopping 3000 vaccinations in Cork on, say, this Saturday necessarily means those 3000 vaccines getting administered elsewhere. On the contrary I suspect it just means less people jabbed that day nationally full stop.

Of course this pre supposes that the reason for any slowdown in Cork, Limerick etc will be to allow catch up. It may be for the other operational reasons set out by others above.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Given that they are expecting the biggest delivery yet (280k) of Pfizer on 2nd June, it is not surprising that the 40-45 group won’t be called until after that date.

Part of the solution in the north east where there are known problems is a plan to send some out of county. That has a potential impact for MVCs in Dublin and there are already people in Meath being sent to the Helix and City West.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

They seem to be creating a deliberate gap (given they promise 3 days notice so if the portal opens on Monday you are looking at tomorrow week at earliest before they start jabbing the 44s). .

Think you confused in your timing there - the 3 days is from when you are notified, not when you register.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ive friends who are HCW getting 2nd AZ in Croke Park Thursday, so its not just about the MVC going down the years they need to do second doses two. Its likely Cork will be doing those before portal opens to next age next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trickster88

Very happy to get vaccine appointment and with my preferred vaccine!
    Good luck to the rest of the Cork forgotten fifties - hope you get your appointments soon.

Notification: 26th May via portal - no text
    Appointment 1: 29th May
    Vaccine: Pfizer
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

48 in Galway and registered on Monday 17th...still no text or any update.
    Anyone else in the same situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

Notification: 25th May on portal but got text later on
    Appointment 1: Friday 28th
    Vaccine: Moderna

Absolutely delighted !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

wtd2008 wrote: »
    48 in Galway and registered on Monday 17th...still no text or any update.
    Anyone else in the same situation?

Going by california dreaming's post above I would say its very close as they are doing 49s ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

revelman wrote: »
    Given that they are expecting the biggest delivery yet (280k) of Pfizer on 2nd June, it is not surprising that the 40-45 group won’t be called until after that date.

I'd wager that the bulk of those doses are going to be given as second doses for people who have been given the first dose this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Has anyone heard of appointments being given for Carrick-on-Shannon yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

quodec wrote: »
    Age 60
    Registered 28th April

No movement in four weeks, so rang 1850 241850 at lunchtime today and after press 1 press 2 procedure, eventually was talking to someone in India, it seemed. Advised him of the 28 days wait. He asked me some ID questions and told me to wait. Moments later he advised I was being moved up to a priority list. I asked him would that lead to a text in the near future but though polite, he wouldn't commit. So, call over, I wondered would I be doing the same thing in a few days. Yet at 6pm this evening a text came through advising to go to Fairways Hotel MVC, Dundalk this Thursday for 1.20pm. It will be an Astra Zeneca jab.
    Delighted with the result but as per my previous posts, allocation of ages and times by HSE seems haphazard at best, with lots of glitches, particularly in the Louth area.

Well done. The surprising thing is that the call centre actually has the ability to do something !!!

pc7 wrote: »
    Ive friends who are HCW getting 2nd AZ in Croke Park Thursday, so its not just about the MVC going down the years they need to do second doses two. Its likely Cork will be doing those before portal opens to next age next week.

There are 3 centres in Cork city (City Hall, Parc ui Chaoimh and MTU) so no need to allocate all to AZ. In fact from the article posted earlier it looked like PuC only was being allocated to AZ from Sunday onwards

Edit - just realised I should be posted these thoughts in the main vaccine thread. Apologies Mods...

Well done. The surprising thing is that the call centre actually has the ability to do something !!!
    Mostly what they seem to do is escalate cases. The attention of local politicians on the extended waiting periods in the north east may also have something to do with it.

• Advertisement

Work colleague
    Age 46
    Pairs Ui Chaoimh
    Sunday
    Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

After waiting for more than 2 weeks, called HSE live, got through them fairly quickly. Unfortunately its pretty useless calling them, they cant do anything other then asking you to wait for your text message for the appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

Age 52, Dublin
    Registered 11th May
    Appointment received today (on portal, no text yet)
    Appointment date Saturday 29th May
    Croke Park Vaccination Centre
    Comirnaty (Pfizer-Biontech)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

OP/Mod,

How about posting a poll with options 50 - 45 so ppl can just check in and we can see what age is being vaccinated as it evolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭xabi

Work colleague
    Age 46
    Pairs Ui Chaoimh
    Sunday
    Moderna

When did they get notified? Same age and nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Brother 48.
    Kilkenny.
    Pfizer.
    Saturday.

Sister in law, 47
    Kilkenny.
    Pfizer.
    Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Work colleague
    Age 46
    Pairs Ui Chaoimh
    Sunday
    Moderna

Buddy same except he's 45 (1975). I'm a tad older and nothing yet FFS....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Brother 48.
    Kilkenny.
    Pfizer.
    Saturday.

Sister in law, 47
    Kilkenny.
    Pfizer.
    Sunday.

Based on this I'd be expecting registrations for 40-45 to open this week...

Sky King wrote: »
    Based on this I'd be expecting registrations for 40-45 to open this week...
    No, it's next week. AZ second doses to be done, lots of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

is_that_so wrote: »
    No, it's next week. AZ second doses to be done, lots of them.

Is that so?

Advertisement