Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Error 522 Ray ID: 63f7eaaa1ea1dd9b • 2021-04-13 21:51:36 UTC
    Connection timed out

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is slow posting on the mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This is the wrong forum I think, but I can't find where to report inappropriate ads. Canada dating:

On my phone so screenshot attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I don't know how that got in there... of course, there are no Canadians on Boards.ie

Inappropriate ads thread here, with instructions on how to report these ads to google
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=117028667

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I don't know how that got in there... of course, there are no Canadians on Boards.ie

Inappropriate ads thread here, with instructions on how to report these ads to google
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=117028667

It's the size rather than the content.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is the thread to raise it- is there any issue with PM's at present?

Sent two in the last fortnight or so without any acknowledgement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

May or may not be related to the above, but the last couple of PM's I got came through, but the email notification for them came waaay later (like, a week or so).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Not sure if this is the thread to raise it- is there any issue with PM's at present?

Sent two in the last fortnight or so without any acknowledgement

No issue with PMs themselves at the moment but as the user below has pointed out, notification emails for some people are being delayed so they may not have received notification of your messages right away.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    May or may not be related to the above, but the last couple of PM's I got came through, but the email notification for them came waaay later (like, a week or so).
    Unfortunately a known issue that we will look into as soon as we can, thanks :)

Thanks Niamh, dont get mails anyway (that I know of)

Just being ignored so!

Oh I meant that the people you sent messages might not have received a notification so unless they were logged in anyway and noticed the PM, they might have missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Is the search function acting up?

When attempting to search for a user (to pm), and clicking on the name that appears under user, the system simply freezes instead of directing you to their profile or any of their posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Every time I go on boards, the cookie warning comes up. That’s fine, I guess. But once I hit ‘okay’, boards.ie switches over to the touch site. It’s very irritating having to scroll down every time to switch back over to the full site. And sometimes it happens again during browsing: cookie warning —> touch site. I’m never going to use the touch site and this feels like an attempt to foist it upon people, hoping they’ll give up making the switch back to the full site.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Every time I go on boards, the cookie warning comes up. That’s fine, I guess. But once I hit ‘okay’, boards.ie switches over to the touch site. It’s very irritating having to scroll down every time to switch back over to the full site. And sometimes it happens again during browsing: cookie warning —> touch site. I’m never going to use the touch site and this feels like an attempt to foist it upon people, hoping they’ll give up making the switch back to the full site.

I’m having the same problem. Getting the ‘Accept Cookies’ box appearing, I accept & the site changes to the other version. While I’m navigating down to click ‘Full Site’ the ‘Accept Cookies’ box reappears.

Used to get the cookie request/version change thing happen maybe once every couple of weeks, has something on the site changed recently?

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I’m having the same problem. Getting the ‘Accept Cookies’ box appearing, I accept & the site changes to the other version. While I’m navigating down to click ‘Full Site’ the ‘Accept Cookies’ box reappears.

Used to get the cookie request/version change thing happen maybe once every couple of weeks, has something on the site changed recently?

Try the "save and exit" option instead of "accept" ?

Switching the site version is not intentional so I will pass this info on the be looked at, thanks.

Deja Boo wrote: »

When attempting to search for a user (to pm), and clicking on the name that appears under user, the system simply freezes instead of directing you to their profile or any of their posts.
    Not that I am aware of but there may have been an issue with the site at the time you were trying to find the user. If it is still happening, please let me know.

Try the "save and exit" option instead of "accept" ?

5844-B6-E8-1-DCF-4912-8-D47-963-FB7046-B3-B.png

In order to click ‘save & exit’ I have to go into ‘cookie settings’, scroll to the bottom of that page & then click ‘save & exit’. Tried it now when the cookies box appeared anyway to check your suggestion but it’s just adding more steps to the whole process AND the site version still changed & a second cookie box appeared again while scrolling down to click to switch back to the full site.

This cookie box/site version switch thing was happening to me before Niamh, but I was only getting the cookie request box appearing maybe once every 3/4 weeks or something. Having it happen at least once per day recently is a noticeable annoyance & the double cookie box thing started at the same time as the daily cookie box change. I haven’t changed any settings/software etc on my device.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 36 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: David
    Boards.ie Employee

TherapyBoy and Tilden Katz.

OS, Browser, and Browser Version please.

TherapyBoy and Tilden Katz.

OS, Browser, and Browser Version please.

Using Safari on an iPhone 11 David

Not that I am aware of but there may have been an issue with the site at the time you were trying to find the user. If it is still happening, please let me know.

Then it must just be my chromebook, because it's still freezing anytime I try to use search for a forum or username.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 36 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: David
    Boards.ie Employee

Using Safari on an iPhone 11 David

Thanks TherapyBoy.

I deployed an update.

The next time you are logged into the full site on your phone, can you click "Cookie Settings" in the footer to launch it, save your settings, and let me know if you still get redirected touch?

Discovered the problem, this happens when I only 'save & exit." If I click "accept' on the new cookie box, then voila, search works!

…and let me know if you still get redirected touch?

All good so far David, I’ll post here again if there are any similar future problems. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I get similar. Using Edge I cannot click in forum when I used the find forums search window, clicking it nothing happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

got an email telling me I got a pm, but no pm shows up in my inbox

Some notifications are delayed at the moment so it may be a PM that you already read a day or two ago. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

On the mobile site if you click into one of your followed threads you usually go to the first unread post. For threads that haven't been updated in ages, I usually go to the first page, and have to find the first unread. I've noticed that this now seems to be happening for more threads - is there a specific timespan that this should affect? (hope this makes sense)

As far as I remember if you haven't visited the thread in 2 weeks, your last read post will be forgotten and you'll be returned to the first page when you click on the thread.
    Though I don't think that should happen when it's the thread itself that has had no activity (rather than you not reading for a period of time).

Will have to check that one and get back to you.

Discovered the problem, this happens when I only 'save & exit." If I click "accept' on the new cookie box, then voila, search works!
    Hurrache wrote: »
    I get similar. Using Edge I cannot click in forum when I used the find forums search window, clicking it nothing happens.

On the issues that some of you are having with Search, i.e. the drop down suggestions are unclickable, we're pretty sure we know what that is and are looking into it at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

Hurrache wrote: »

I'm having similar problems. I use the search bar to get to certain forums. Previously, I'd type in, say, vaping and then click on the resulting suggestion. Now that doesn't work. Hasn't worked for maybe a week?

Win10 & Vivaldi browser.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement