Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards in 1939

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

branie2 wrote: »
    Any news on Eoin O'Duffy these days?

Went over to Spain on his holidays, hasn't really been heard from since.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ODuffy-Blueshisrts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Eh lads, Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini just signed a "Pact of Steel" in Berlin. Wonder what this is all about.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Eh lads, Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini just signed a "Pact of Steel" in Berlin. Wonder what this is all about.

Wouldn;t worry about it too much - sure they have to get past Britain to get to us.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The failure of the Stresa Pact... maybe the Brits and French should have turned a blind eye to Italys invasion of Abyssinia. They didnt stop the invasion and have now pushed Italy into the German orbit.
    Or maybe they should have given the Italians a bloody nose. Might have made others sit up and take notice.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭saabsaab

ODuffy-Blueshisrts.jpg

Adolph isn't looking himself there.

In the paper this morning Hitler says he wants to move into Poland. Thought he was finished after the Sudetenland shenanigans last year. Could be an interesting summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It could lead to disaster

It could lead to disaster

Britain might declare war on Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

saabsaab wrote: »
    Britain might declare war on Russia?
    Or Germany starts a war with Poland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

All this talk of war is ridiculous, France could finish Germany without any help from Britain or anyone else. If Hitler steps out of line, he will be crushed in a matter of months.

(well 69 months anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

All this talk of war is ridiculous, France could finish Germany without any help from Britain or anyone else. If Hitler steps out of line, he will be crushed in a matter of months.

(well 69 months anyway)
    A suspiciously precise prediction.
    Not so much crushing - more like erosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

No1 in the charts this week....I don't like this modern music at all,its too loud with rude words.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭new92

upupup wrote: »
    No1 in the charts this week....I don't like this modern music at all,its too loud with rude words.

give me "On the Banks of the Wabash" anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

P&T to combine the telephone and the wireless.

Simply ground your portable telephone umbrella antenna, using any convenient lamppost, turn the handle and speak to the operator.

You can even listen to your favourite musical record disc on demand.

Remember to earth yourself properly to avoid risk of electrocution.

What ever will they think of next?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

In the paper this morning Hitler says he wants to move into Poland. Thought he was finished after the Sudetenland shenanigans last year. Could be an interesting summer!

False flag!

(well 69 months anyway)

Yeah, not even the Germans are mad enough to go after the Maginot Line, it's near invincible. Think that keep Germans at bay alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

They are going to steal France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Yugoslavia, Albania and Greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Yeah, not even the Germans are mad enough to go after the Maginot Line, it's near invincible. Think that keep Germans at bay alright.
    Funny though, since the Belgians have declared themselves neutral the French have suddenly realised that there is a rather large gap in their defences. The Maginot Line only goes to the Belgian Border. To be fair though, the impenetrable Ardennes should keep the German Army bottled up in time for the French army to mobilise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Funny though, since the Belgians have declared themselves neutral the French have suddenly realised that there is a rather large gap in their defences. The Maginot Line only goes to the Belgian Border. To be fair though, the impenetrable Ardennes should keep the German Army bottled up in time for the French army to mobilise.

Hitler is an honourable man, he is NOT going to invade France. As for Poland, all he is requesting is a small bit of land to reunite Prussia with the rest of the Fatherland. AND i've heard that the Poles are persecuting Germans in the Danzig Corridor

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Speaks the truth. I've seen tik toks from the region. Grim.

I think there will be trouble between Hitler and Stalin in a couple of years time

I think there will be trouble between Hitler and Stalin in a couple of years time

After France and Germany finish each other he will have little to stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I hear some boyo in the 'avant garde' hit parade has a song about them...

There's a film coming out called The Wizard of Oz. I think it's going to be a big hit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Stalin has a tough job considering how many of his closest aides have just disappeared off and left hm short handed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

saabsaab wrote: »
    After France and Germany finish each other he will have little to stop him.
    Both the US and Japan hate communism.

If Stalin tries anything they'll kick him from behind you mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Eddie and Wallis: Did you see the state of that brazen American hussy in the latest newsreel? Just who do the think they are jetting around the world like minor film stars? Will this be the end of the royal family and is it all her fault?

The Emergency Thread I-XXV. Later to be followed by The Emergency Forum, which will bring us such highly debated threads as:

To Gas Mask or Not to Gas Mask?
    Can we please have some fcuking control on fighter jets from high risk countries invading our airspace?
    Will the Brits ever piss off and stop asking for the use of our ports?
    Do ration coupon cheats cheat us all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Has anyone got the new Glenn Miller record? That guy is going to be big in the next decade or two.

Advertisement