Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Spilling here around Naas the last 10 minutes - very dull and dark out all morning, over this May weather :(

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

9 degrees and still raining. Just put on the heat. WFH and it’s too cold to be sitting here. Nothing to distinguish May from November at the moment. I just hope the Govt see sense and allow international travel soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain and more rain.
    Fire has been lit every night since September last.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Met Eireann got their weekly forecast last Sunday spectacularly wrong for the south so far.they were giving only about 10/20% of normal rainfall for the week I reckon we have that got plus some more and it's only tues afternoon.Not much mention on the forecast after the 9 O'clock that today was going to be a wet day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pouring rain here in Meath, plans to cut the grass once again put on hold for another day.

• Advertisement

It’s finally stopped here. Starting to brighten up. Still not near any thing like a late May Day or maybe it is I don’t know anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sunny and dry in Sligo as it has been a lot of the time bar showers and cold. Most of the rain this month seems to have happened on Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It’s finally stopped here. Starting to brighten up. Still not near any thing like a late May Day or maybe it is I don’t know anymore

I think we need to accept that this is May/Summer weather, and any warmth or prolonged sunshine is out of the ordinary. It was like this last year for most of the summer and the year before it was freezing in June.
    Raining now in D5.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain stopped now after 25 minutes of very intense rainfall which has left quiet a bit of surface water.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Heavy hail shower now in D7. Big yokes falling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Katesbridge has recorded 12 night air frosts so far this May.
    The most nights frosts since the station was set up in 1979.
    The May average for the station is 2.5 frost nights. The previous record was 8 in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Heavy hail shower now in D7. Big yokes falling.

Try bag a few for when nightclubs open up.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Absolutely banging down with hailstones in D13

Mad stuff!!

another heavy shower here, fair bit of rain today already. I did not think today was going to be as unsettled as it is. Hopefully we will see dryer conditions from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential rain and hail in Naas

Horrible on the east coast. Was expecting better this week.

Raining again miserable evening now. There was a couple of hours there where it was dry and sun came out back to cold rain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 A_mc_b

A nice bright day here in letterkenny co.donegal. Good spells of sunshine from first thing this morning and a nice bright evening now. Nice in the sunshine but in the wind quite cool but guessing we missed the worst of the showers so far this week.
    Another nice day forcasted for 2moro and first half of thursday. With temps to increase. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ah come on now this is getting ridiculous.

Bad enough for it to be lashing on and off all day, but it's the cold that I'm absolutely sick of at this stage.

It's absolutely freezing, has to be one of coldest May on record, along with one of wettest in a long time.

18 degrees on Sunday if they are correct with the forecast will be like being in Barbados!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭esposito

appledrop wrote: »
    Ah come on now this is getting ridiculous.

Bad enough for it to be lashing on and off all day, but it's the cold that I'm absolutely sick of at this stage.

It's absolutely freezing, has to be one of coldest May on record, along with one of wettest in a long time.

18 degrees on Sunday if they are correct with the forecast will be like being in Barbados!

Yeah looking forward to this weekend when it finally warms up. Perhaps touching 20C in places by Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

esposito wrote: »
    Yeah looking forward to this weekend when it finally warms up. Perhaps touching 20C in places by Sunday?

20 degrees you say, I better get the factor 50 out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭4Ad

After a terrible morning of rain until 12.30 it turned into a lovely day in East Clare, went running and even got a slight sunburn on the arms !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭esposito

appledrop wrote: »
    20 degrees you say, I better get the factor 50 out!

I’ll probably need it on the face at least as I burn so easily.

Hopefully we will be talking about maxes of mid 20’s during June and even higher during July!

Hopefully we will be talking about maxes of mid 20’s during June and even higher during July!

Hopefully we will do better than last July and August, wouldn't be difficult. Most places struggled to see more than 23C last summer. I would love to see 30C this summer but this sort of temperature is rare in Ireland and usually only affects a few places well sheltered inland from coastal breezes. The temperature here in Meath rarely goes higher than 26 or 27C even during the warmest of spells due to onshore breezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

woo hoo - turned out to be a fab eve here in Cork,. sunshine and was quite warm.. twas fab after such a horrendous morning..

Decent morning here sunny and blue skies. Temp 4 degrees with a real feel 3 showing. Grass very wet. Really could do with a dry warm few days. I see on ME this morning that after Sunday we are back to the old reliable cool and showery after our “sizzling” as I saw it described in one tabloid weekend to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Less than a month away from the solstice so even if it doesn't fell crazily warm the sun will be very strong when it appears.

Could feel a slight burn on my neck form being out fishing at the weekend even though it was 11/12 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Barely any wind and sunny spells in Dublin, doesn't feel cold. This seems like more appropriate May weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Felt a bit like a summer morning in the sunshine when I was heading to work.

Any hope for this coming warmish spell lasting more than a few days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

We might be complaining about the heat in a few weeks.

Nah. But the coming warm spell might break down but it wont give up if that makes any sense.

The warm incursions of High Pressure are briefly broken down by low pressures sliding through but they reestablish themselves again.

What we dont want is a low sliding down over us like May as we have seen they last for weeks.

Id say we will see temperatures into the 20s many times over the next couple of weeks.

Advertisement