Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Premier League 2020/21

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

GW37 results

Dearg81 has been relegated. Himself and iroced have been in this league since its inception leaving just 6 'Originals' now.

Iused2likebusts 43-32 iroced
    Iago 55-57 dasa29
    CSF 48-54 thunderdog
    tom_k 50-57 Mike Ehrmantraut
    itsnotmyfault 57-58 T-b0n3
    wonski 51-37 Dearg81
    Steven81 61-43 Boots234
    Scorpion Sting 46-49 ronan.h
    Benimar 50-45 skippy15
    Lemlin 63-56 Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    I think over the summer as I have less practical things to spend my FPL time on, I’m going to look to compile a winners/runners up list, almost like what would be listed on a trophy.

It would be yourself who won it the year who came 2nd, am I right?

That was AdpRo the season you came second. I think I was 7th that season.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That was AdpRo the season you came second. I think I was 7th that season.

Still holding out hope I can win this weekend and get 3rd. 3 top 6 finishes just doesn’t sound quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The year I won it Finnharpsboy (remember him) had a sponsored cash prize for the winner. Think it was a hundred euro. Dearg 81 getting relegated is a big surprise he has an unbelievable history.

The year I won it Finnharpsboy (remember him) had a sponsored cash prize for the winner. Think it was a hundred euro. Dearg 81 getting relegated is a big surprise he has an unbelievable history.

He really does. I saw Markvx from here in the Qualifying League for League 2 also. Feels a tad crazy to see a guy with that kind of Hall of Fame ranking in League 2 but I’m fairly confident he will be in here in a few years.

• Advertisement

GW38 results

Iago 66-53 Iused2likebusts
    CSF 59-51 iroced
    tom_k 65-55 dasa29
    itsnotmyfault 58-56 thunderdog
    wonski 54-56 Mike Ehrmantraut
    Steven81 59-60 T-b0n3
    Scorpion Sting 85-43 Dearg81
    Benimar 60-56 Boots234
    Lemlin 53-56 ronan.h
    Swiper the fox 55-43 skippy15

Congrats to Steven81 on winning the FSA Premier League. From the Qualifying League to Premier League Champion, fair play. I'll have to settle for the runner-up spot but I'll take it!

As always, if anyone wishes to not take part next season can you please let me know asap as it makes it easier to pass spots down now rather than having lots of spots to fill up after the deadline.

Can I also ask all those involved to try their best to be online on Boards during the month of July as that is when PMs go out.

Every year a few people lose their spot by not being on Boards to read the PM sent out and I'd like if 'attrition' could be kept to a minimum.

Here's the 20 teams who have qualified for next season's Premier League:

Steven81
    Scorpion Sting
    Benimar
    CSF
    thunderdog
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    ronan.h
    skippy15
    Boots234
    Iused2likebusts
    Lemlin
    Swiper the fox
    itsnotmyfault
    dasa29
    wonski
    Iago
    T-b0n3
    Tony_Montana
    Morzadec
    MrSkinny

Congrats to the 3 who have been promoted and commiserations to those relegated.

If spaces do arise, the order of the next in line to go up is as follows: TaytoCrisps, Dearg81, Hogey007, tom_k, Captain Bob, iroced

Welcome on board newbies, there may be no cash prize, but this really is the pinnacle of Boards competitions. Ridiculous level on here and the level only increases every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Welcome on board newbies, there may be no cash prize, but this really is the pinnacle of Boards competitions. Ridiculous level on here and the level only increases every year.

Yeah some "big names" up there for sure!

I've somehow managed to make 4 promotions in a row, promoted every year since I first joined, so let's see if I can carry it over to win the Premier League, would be some run! Will be a huge challenge however

Morzadec wrote: »

I've somehow managed to make 4 promotions in a row, promoted every year since I first joined, so let's see if I can carry it over to win the Premier League, would be some run! Will be a huge challenge however
    You're the Salford City of the FSA Leagues. That's some going, fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Very impressive ... and I thought I was doing well with 4 promotions in 6 years! I had been thinking about taking a break from FPL stuff but having made it this far I really need to give the Premier League a crack. :)

That is unbelievable. Would be some story if you could actually win it next year. I mean I hope you only get second but that would be some story also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

That is unbelievable. Would be some story if you could actually win it next year. I mean I hope you only get second but that would be some story also :D

Thanks, yeah I've had 3 good to excellent seasons in the last 4. The one poor one I had (finished around 150k) I must have just got really lucky with the way the matches fell, or maybe I benefitted from some drop outs, can't quite remember!

Advertisement