Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge to Hazelhatch Feeder Bus Service

• 10-05-2021 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I have recently moved to Celbridge so exploring transportation options.

I have come to know that there is a feeder bus service from Celbridge to Hazelhatch.
    But I am unable to get any timetable for the same.

Can anybody please provide the timings and pickup points of the feeder bus.
    I live in primrose gate so was just wondering if there is any pickup point nearby itself.

P.S. There is a previous thread also for the same but its 5 years old so thought of creating the new one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

nathen wrote: »
    Hello,

I have recently moved to Celbridge so exploring transportation options.

I have come to know that there is a feeder bus service from Celbridge to Hazelhatch.
    But I am unable to get any timetable for the same.

Can anybody please provide the timings and pickup points of the feeder bus.
    I live in primrose gate so was just wondering if there is any pickup point nearby itself.

P.S. There is a previous thread also for the same but its 5 years old so thought of creating the new one.

Thanks

Its included in the train timetable:

https://www.irishrail.ie/IrishRail/media/Timetable-PDF-s/Heuston-timetables/16-Dublin-Portlaoise.pdf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That doesn't show the intermediate stops or timings - because there really isn't any timetable for that. It runs past Primrose Gate on the Newcastle Road at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Published on etenders last week;

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicPurchase/189309/0/0?returnUrl=ctm/Supplier/publictenders&b=ETENDERS_SIMPLE
    The Contracting Authority proposes establishing contract(s) for the provision of Road Passenger Bus Hire for the provision Arrow Feeder Shuttle Services Naas to Sallins and Hazelhatch to Celbridge.

Lot 1
    Supply of Feeder Bus Services from Sallins Station to Naas with multiple drop off and pick up points en route - operating Monday to Saturday, excluding Bank Holidays.
    Vehicle Required: Minibus.
    Service required: 6:30 am to 6:30 pm approximately.

Lot 2
    Supply of Feeder Bus Services from Hazelhatch Station to Celbridge with multiple drop off and pick up points - operating Monday to Saturday, excluding Bank Holidays
    Vehicle Required: Minibus
    Service required 6:30am to 6:30pm approximately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

That's interesting. Surely the hazelhatch shuttle won't be needed come the next tender , with 2 or 3 routes coming that will serve the station ?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tubbs26

The bus departs from Salesion College and goes down the Maynooth Road then through the village.

Stops at the dublin bus stops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Best kept secret ever.

I know now that there is information on Irish Rail, but there is no other information that I can see anywhere, apart from those here who have given hints and inside info. Is there information on the DB bus stops about the link to Hazelhatch? I don't know.

Do people have to pay for this service, if so how much is it, or is it covered if you have a train ticket? What if you are heading into the city on a one off basis and haven't bought the train ticket yet? And so on.

Anyway by the time the bus gets through the mayhem of the village, sure the 67 bus would be just as quick. Link should probably be to Leixlip aswell, near enough same distance, but maybe the new Bus Connects will sort it all out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its covered in the train ticket; I have never seen tickets being checked.

BusConnects is going to have a bus from Confey station to Hazelhatch station via Celbridge including outer housing estates. It'll also have one from Maynooth to Tallaght passing Hazelhatch.

Advertisement