Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cocaine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tomaldo wrote: »
    Posters talking a lot about addicts but they're a small minority of drug users. I know many people who take coke but they only do it at weekends or special events, then it's back to work on Monday, where they DO contribute to society. They don't seek or need state treatment for their habit.

They contribute to organized crime syndicates so let’s save the applause.

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

Chavez. wrote: »
    What are they like when they're out

Prob not great

I'm guessing you're quite older with a question like that, a good portion of young people students etc. are doing the odd bit of coke every now and again, it's everywhere in clubs and young peoples pubs.

What do you think they are like? Coke is kind of a background drug it doesn't do as much to you as you might think.

The other poster is right, addicts are a VERY small percentage of cocaine users most coaine use is done at social events or on the odd weekends or once a year on a birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Strumms wrote: »

So what?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

guy2231 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're quite older with a question like that, a good portion of young people students etc. are doing the odd bit of coke every now and again, it's everywhere in clubs and young peoples pubs.

What do you think they are like? Coke is kind of a background drug it doesn't do as much to you as you might think.

As a coke head myself I would say it turns everyone into dickheads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Chavez.

guy2231 wrote: »

From personal experience they're mostly assholes when they're on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That’s another thing, it’s an outright assholes drug.... Jesus that stuff just induces the very worst assholes and gobshîtes... people having a few beers or a spliff, grand in the main... your cockle headed coke user .. just arrogant and stupid as fûck... not a great combo.

............. your cockle headed coke user .. just arrogant and stupid as fûck... not a great combo.

Most are stupid before taking it, they crave the arrogance though so take some daz.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I remember when I was 16 I worked in retail and my manager said he previously worked as a bar manager for a pub in town (Dublin) said his little hobby was getting a can of WD-40 and spraying the top of the toilets (men's cubicles) every Friday night. Just to annoy the coke heads.

Always found it funny :pac:

That’s another thing, it’s an outright assholes drug.... Jesus that stuff just induces the very worst assholes and gobshîtes... people having a few beers or a spliff, grand in the main... your cockle headed coke user .. just arrogant and stupid as fûck... not a great combo.
    I remember when I was 16 I worked in retail and my manager said he previously worked as a bar manager for a pub in town (Dublin) said his little hobby was getting a can of WD-40 and spraying the top of the toilets (men's cubicles) every Friday night. Just to annoy the coke heads.

Walk in check cistern , wd40 on it , try another....it’s not really that mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

"legalise drugs!" he said, stating that it enables criminals and prostitution and murders and people trafficking etc.

Meanwhile, he doesn't have enough of a problem with criminals to stop giving them money, because clearly his personal satisfaction is more important than funding crime.

People talking out their hoop :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Walk in check cistern , wd40 on it , try another....it’s not really that mad

You give people too much credit.
    In a place where people are boozed up and or are already coked up going in to the place, it's gonna catch it's fair share of people.

As I said above it's just to f**k with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

It's funny in a different way, the product (alcohol) he was serving kills far more people than cocaine.

Prohibition does that, they wouldn't have to contribute to crime syndicates if we tried the alternative.

Chavez. wrote: »
    What are they like when they're out

Prob not great

I don't really know, I rarely go to pubs in Ireland, even pre-covid. I've never heard of them ending up in hospital or in police custody.

A lot of non-coke users are very capable of being assholes too. Anyway, as I've said before, you don't have to socialize with them, I doubt they'd miss your company if that's what u think of them.

Prohibition does that, they wouldn't have to contribute to crime syndicates if we tried the alternative.

"Have to"

It's the equivalent of giving out about pollution while illegally dumping rubbish.

"I wouldn't have to do this if it was made legal!"

If you actually cared about the impact of what you're doing, you wouldn't bloody well be doing it! Zero credibility.

Gradius wrote: »
    "legalise drugs!" he said, stating that it enables criminals and prostitution and murders and people trafficking etc.

Meanwhile, he doesn't have enough of a problem with criminals to stop giving them money, because clearly his personal satisfaction is more important than funding crime.

People talking out their hoop :p

No it's prohibitionists who talk out of their hoop on this topic. As I said earlier the lies they come out with such as cocaine is poison, ur guaranteed to become a thief if u take drugs, the scourge but never the enjoyment of drugs, dealers targeting schoolkids with free samples and so on.

No it's prohibitionists who talk out of their hoop on this topic. As I said earlier the lies they come out with such as cocaine is poison, ur guaranteed to become a thief if u take drugs, the scourge but never the enjoyment of drugs, dealers targeting schoolkids with free samples and so on.

Ah yes, the ethical philosophers of the Columbian cartels pass their products to pacifist gangs of monks in Ireland, I forgot.

Nothing negative there at all.

You give people too much credit.
    In a place where people are boozed up and or are already coked up going in to the place, it's gonna catch it's fair share of people.

As I said above it's just to f**k with them.

No it doesn’t

Think you fell for a grown up spinning yarns about how cool he used to be

As I mentioned I’m a coke head and coke is poison , it’s silly to suggest otherwise

• Advertisement

"Have to"

It's the equivalent of giving out about pollution while illegally dumping rubbish.

"I wouldn't have to do this if it was made legal!"

If you actually cared about the impact of what you're doing, you wouldn't bloody well be doing it! Zero credibility.

No it's not the equivalent, dumping rubbish ruins the environment, and the quality of life for people who live near or visit the effected areas. Taking coke can only ruin the life of the consenting user.

As I mentioned I’m a coke head and coke is poison , it’s silly to suggest otherwise

Arsenic and cyanide are types of poison, cocaine is NOT, otherwise Elton John, Ringo Starr and Eric Clapton would all be dead, they took lots of it decades ago and they're still alive well into their old age. If u check dictionary.com you won't see the word poison or poisonous in its definition.

Arsenic and cyanide are types of poison, cocaine is NOT, otherwise Elton John, Ringo Starr and Eric Clapton would all be dead, they took lots of it decades ago and they're still alive well into their old age. If u check dictionary.com you won't see the word poison or poisonous in its definition.

You’re being silly now of course it’s poison

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

to suggest that anything is "poison" in absolute terms is nonsense. Anything can be a poison given sufficient dosage.

to suggest that anything is "poison" in absolute terms is nonsense. Anything can be a poison given sufficient dosage.

Medical grade coke isn’t poison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

A substance that harms an organism is poisonous. Just because you, I and some others decide to take it doesn’t mean it doesn’t cause damage. It’s as if you are arguing that processed food is healthy as long as it states it on the label.

It’s personal choice though and I don’t feel responsible for any dramatised “you are fuelling criminal syndicate” crap.

Ah yes, the ethical philosophers of the Columbian cartels pass their products to pacifist gangs of monks in Ireland, I forgot.

Nothing negative there at all.

As the law is now they have to sell it on to other criminals, they're the only people who risk selling it on to the consenting customers who enjoy using the product.

No it's not the equivalent, dumping rubbish ruins the environment, and the quality of life for people who live near or visit the effected areas. Taking coke can only ruin the life of the consenting user.

So little bags of cocaine just grow out of the ground, do they?

The "disappeared" 60,000 people in Mexico, a teenager dismembered in Ireland, people cooked alive in ovens, people chainsawed to death, debt, intimidation, prostitution, people trafficking and other lovely things, are directly linked to the demand of illegal drugs.

Here's the thing; the people who cry about preventing that shyt through legalisation are the SAME people who currently have no problem supporting those crime syndicates ANYWAY.

So, fook that noise.

As they say, you may be entitled to your opinion, as inaccurate as it is, but not your own facts. It's lies like this which prolong the War on Drugs which I'm against.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

So little bags of cocaine just grow out of the ground, do they?

The "disappeared" 60,000 people in Mexico, a teenager dismembered in Ireland, people cooked alive in ovens, people chainsawed to death, debt, intimidation, prostitution, people trafficking and other lovely things, are directly linked to the demand of illegal drugs.

Don’t use drugs meself, but you do know all that would go away if it was legalised?

Advertisement