Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bluegate Car Store?

Options
  • 22-05-2021 11:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering what the story is with this place. Talked to them and they said they are part of Frank Keane Group and take some of the trade in from Frank Keane

Just wondering if anyone knows the story with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I presume they just buy used cars or sell trade-ins they take in at their brand forecourts, that don't meet the criteria retailing used cars on those branded forecourts. The likes of BMW, VW, etc would have certain criteria set out for used cars to qualify for their used car warranties such as age, mileage and condition. In the past they would have sold these cars on to the trade but there is more money in it to just sell them to the public themselves under a different non associated name. Joe Duffy does the same with their Zucar garages or Keary's carstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

bazz26 wrote: »
    I presume they just buy used cars or sell trade-ins they take in at their brand forecourts, that don't meet the criteria retailing used cars on those branded forecourts. The likes of BMW, VW, etc would have certain criteria set out for used cars to qualify for their used car warranties such as age, mileage and condition. In the past they would have sold these cars on to the trade but there is more money in it to just sell them to the public themselves under a different non associated name. Joe Duffy does the same with their Zucar garages or Keary's carstore.

That's interesting I never realised that was the craic with Zucar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Frank Keane owned. They sell on stuff that can't be retailed in VW or BMW sites and bring in stuff of their own to sell too. MG dealer also. They're 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Bought my 530 off them. Nice lads to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

Yeah had been looking at a car with them about 6 months ago in Limerick, didn't get it in the end but they seemed grand

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

mankteln wrote: »
    That's interesting I never realised that was the craic with Zucar

I didnt know either....I was talking to a guy in ZuCar about a car. No pics up. He said he would send in 30 mins, 10 mins later he rang back and said ti was sold

Person bought over phone because it was coming from Joe Duffy and was trade in.

Im just wondering why stuff would not be sold by Frank Keane, this hasn't been advertised and not in yet. It is decent age with low mileage and I see similar BMW for sale in Frank Keane. The guy in Bluegate did say it was a base line but still leather seats etc.

I would have expected high mileage/older cars they would sell via that wing. Hard to decide when you can't see it.

As I said, they have criteria for cars being sold on the branded dealership forecourts. If the car doesn't meet that criteria then it goes to their carstore instead. It's also possible that someone from the motor trade bought it before the dealer took photos and prepped it for resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭User1998

Its the same in the UK you see a lot of really low mileage perfect condition cars being sent to the auctions by main dealers of all makes, I always wondered why they don’t retail them themselves. I guess they just don’t have the time/resources to retail every single eligible car and it’s probably the same here

Bought my 530 off them. Nice lads to deal with.

Is it the same bmw warranty as you get from main dealer or just standard? I expect standard but I never asked

Thansk

• Advertisement

To get the BMW used car warranty you have to buy from the BMW dealership.

bazz26 wrote: »
    To get the BMW used car warranty you have to buy from the BMW dealership.

As i expected, thanks....

User1998 wrote: »
    Its the same in the UK you see a lot of really low mileage perfect condition cars being sent to the auctions by main dealers of all makes, I always wondered why they don’t retail them themselves. I guess they just don’t have the time/resources to retail every single eligible car and it’s probably the same here

I was at Frank Keane, it was rammed and they had very few “older” cars

I guess they don’t want sellers caught up with a 40k car when they can be selling an 80k car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Is it the same bmw warranty as you get from main dealer or just standard? I expect standard but I never asked

Thansk

Got a full years warranty think its just the standard one though id have to look through the paperwork

Got a full years warranty think its just the standard one though id have to look through the paperwork

It's standard, thanks for response.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Water2626262

I doubt it’s the same warranty. All these used outlets seem to use mapfre and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 claire75

Avoid at all costs they don’t have their own mechanic

cars are not properly serviced before being sold

after sales is shocking

badly managed

it’s a shame cos the other frank Keane garages seem to have a good rep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

New reg, first post used to slate a business?

Wonder which competitor out Naas Road way "Claire" works for?

Actually don’t work for any competitor but have a feeling you may work for Frank Keane just the unfortunate experience of purchasing a heap of **** from this garage and that’s a professional mechanics opinion not just mine check to see do they have their own mechanic before trying to say I’m just slating them for no reason I’ve the pictures to prove they don’t do a full service on cars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Post the pics...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Is Windsor motormall a similar idea?

Is Lionel Richie on boards.ie now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Yes Windsor is a lower cost version of Windsor, you don’t get discount like you would in a standard Windsor and they sell all sort, Stephen was the manager and I bought a few cars off him. At that stage he was bringing in via the UK, not sure if he still is

Bought a BMW X5 last year from them, I followed the full history in detail. It was bought and traded in via Frank Keane, I had a chat with Frabk Keane and because the owner had used non BMW garages to service it they wouldn’t resell themselves and pushing down to Bluegate.

Now it had a few body dents, alloys needed some work and the “professional valet” was awful but the car was perfect and I got a 12 month warranty.

It seems that a lot of the stock they get, or someone trades in an older/high mileage car to Frank Keane they get.

How is it a heap of s**t if all the issue is a CV boot? If that’s all that’s wrong your mechanic is telling you a few porkies

It wasn’t just that it was the cv boot spark plus oil and filters wheel bearing cracks alloys

So they didn't service it. Plus I know a couple of mechanics who will always say you need a service even if just done.

The wheel bearing is probably from the cracked CV joint?

Not sure what alloys mean? but you can see yourself if an alloy is good/bad

All of the above would not suggest to me the car is a "heap of s**t" and if a mechanic is saying that he isn't much of a mechanic. You have a 12 month warranty and I expect they would be covered. P.S. I was aware they didn't have a mechanic onsite, they actually used Frank Keanes ones for mine.

Yep you’re lucky so they took the car back and they didn’t service it in a Frank Keane garage they use a garage in broomhill off the greenhills rd for servicing I’m not saying all their cars are **** but def wouldn’t go near them again it’s a Mickey Mouse set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 paulo1976

I know this topic is quite old but i have to agree with some comments. About 4 weeks ago i bought a Kia Sportage at Bluegate Carstore. It didn't start well because it was delayed for a week to refurbish the alloys, full service, NCT and full valet. I was told be the seller that car was leaving the dealer as new condition inside and out. I scheduled the collection one week later but on that day it was lashing rain and all I sow in the car looked good, couldn't inspect car properly but coming from such reputable garage i trust them. On my way down from Dublin to Cork about 40mnts later the car broke down. Called them straightaway but because the car was drivable they asked me to bring the car to a mechanic i trust to put on computer since engine light was on. Car broke down 3 more times before i got home. Next day drove car to mechanic and was told that it should be diesel filter, pump or something else...and asked me if car was serviced. I respond to him , i think so, hence reason I waited 1 week more. 1 mnt later he brought me the air filter completely filthy. Meantime i got home and told a friend of mine what have happened. When he opened the bonnet i was in shock with what I sow. Everything completely filthy, oil, dear God, coolant completely black, injector leaking, and everything else...i have no words to describe what i sow. Seller told me that he got a €900 bill from the garage where they do service and valet, so i will assume they have no mechanics onsite. After checking everything, valet was miserable done, with straw on the place where is the spare tyre, plastic bag on the place where you put your seat belt, liquids on the side of the leather seats, etc, etc, etc... not even the touch screen on the radio was working. All this started on March 1st and I only got my money back last Monday 27/03/2023!!!

Advertisement