Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2021 thread

• 19-05-2021 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see any thread so far.

GamesRadar reports the following:

- Xbox (confirmed partner, showcase expected)
    - Nintendo (confirmed partner, showcase expected)
    - Future Games Show (showcase confirmed for June 13)
    - PC Gaming Show (showcase confirmed for June 13)
    - Square Enix (confirmed partner, showcase expected)
    - Ubisoft (showcase confirmed for June 12)
    - T2 (confirmed partner)
    - Warner Bros (confirmed partner, showcase expected)
    - Koch Media (confirmed partner)
    - Capcom (confirmed partner)
    - Activision (confirmed partner)
    - Bandai Namco (confirmed partner)
    - Sega (confirmed partner)
    - Gearbox (confirmed partner)

Bit of a switch this year as apart from being a digital only event, the event itself runs from Saturday June 12th to Tuesday June 15th 2021. Which I think is fantastic. Hard to stay up late watching the conferences during the week with work.

One of the heavily rumored / expected titles is Bethesda's Starfield and it's confirmed to NOT be released on PS5 whenever it does come out.

Starfield-Bethesda-705x397.jpg

Official E3 Website:
    https://e3expo.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

- Konami has confirmed it is skipping this year's E3.
    - EA has announced it will host its traditional EA Play event on July 22. Not E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Would love a new Dishonored game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Was in the middle of starting a thread so thanks B.A. for saving me the trouble :D

I don't know if you want to maybe include all the summer shows in here? Keighley's Summer Game Fest starts June 10th, and I think the Tribeca Film Festival has a gaming event on the 11th, so a lot are of a similar time frame.
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Would love a new Dishonored game.

There are a few previews out today for Deathloop, and they're saying it has a lot of Dishonored's DNA (unsurprisingly).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmak2442

Maybe I will get it next month. Thanks to make me remember.

Might as well include PDXCon here too? It starts tomorrow. Wonder if we'll see a new Victoria.

• Advertisement

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Wonder if we'll see a new Victoria.

I need wonder no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What a massive waste of time, saying something while saying nothing at all...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Breaking news: Major publisher has leak just before E3.

In other news: Spring follows Winter

Ah sure why bother posting anything at all.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm just looking forward to their press event.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Breaking news: Major publisher has leak just before E3.

In other news: Spring follows Winter

Did it this year though? Apparantly it's summer, and because I'm a sun hating ginger, I'm ok with the crappy weather this May, but it's more Spring like than Summer.

As per the official PS Blog, the next State of Play is this Thursday and will feature gameplay from Horizon Forbidden West.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm hoping Microsoft will tell us there's a new Forza game to be released this autumn. Please make it happen Microsoft!

XBox/Bethesda's presentation date and time confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1397628683481882626?s=20

Naturally, Twitch are streaming a lot of this shizzle.

https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/1397662848516603913?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I wonder if Hideo Kojima is going to showcase his next game at this years e3?

The man has always loved to show off his games years in advance. You could argue it was always Konami's decision to do so with the MGS games but even with Death Stranding he first revealed it at e3 2016. A full 3 and a half years before the game came out. So if he did it next month it still probably wouldn't come out until Q4 2024 :pac:

I wonder if Hideo Kojima is going to showcase his next game at this years e3?

The man has always loved to show off his games years in advance. You could argue it was always Konami's decision to do so with the MGS games but even with Death Stranding he first revealed it at e3 2016. A full 3 and a half years before the game came out. So if he did it next month it still probably wouldn't come out until Q4 2024 :pac:

Keighley will have dibs on him probably, seeing as he likely has compromising pictures of Kojima they're best friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So when shall we start our believable/possible/longshot/crazy predictions for E3 and its surrounding announcements?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So when shall we start our believable/possible/longshot/crazy predictions for E3 and its surrounding announcements?

Probably late next week, I'd say. Should we create bingo cards like this?
    e3-2021.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

You left out "Microsoft buys more studios"

Yeah, let's do it.

edBQBeJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

You left out "Microsoft buys more studios"

Isnt the bingo card thing for stuff that might happen, not what is 110% guaranteed?

It's nearly that time.

What time?

Koch Primetime.

554447.gif

Koch Media, parent of Deep Silver, Flying Wild Hog, and plenty of others will host "Koch Primetime" on June 11 at 20:00 our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So they might show Dead Island 2 which will get blown away by Dying Light 2. I absolutely loved Dead Island 1 but they'd have to put out something pretty special to top Dying Light.

Then there's Saints Row which i haven't enjoyed she the 2nd game. I can't see them going back to semi reality after going so far into the bat**** crazy superhero franchise it's become but damn I'd love a game where you are part of a gang trying to take over a city and building your empire.

I'm still holding out hope Hangar 13 announce Mafia 4.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So they might show Dead Island 2 which will get blown away by Dying Light 2. I absolutely loved Dead Island 1 but they'd have to put out something pretty special to top Dying Light.

Then there's Saints Row which i haven't enjoyed she the 2nd game. I can't see them going back to semi reality after going so far into the bat**** crazy superhero franchise it's become but damn I'd love a game where you are part of a gang trying to take over a city and building your empire.

I'm still holding out hope Hangar 13 announce Mafia 4.

Yeah, I'd like something like the gang-sim you describe. I was hoping Empires of Sin would scratch that itch, but it still needs work I'm told.

As for Koch, I'd say Shadow Warrior 3 will get a lot of airtime in this presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd like something like the gang-sim you describe. I was hoping Empires of Sin would scratch that itch, but it still needs work I'm told.

As for Koch, I'd say Shadow Warrior 3 will get a lot of airtime in this presentation.

Mafia 4 was rumoured to be gangster sim set in 70's Vegas, sounded class but recently it was rumoured they are working on a sci-fi game instead.

• Advertisement

This kind of shizzle always seems utterly pointless to me...

https://twitter.com/E3/status/1399712993710002176?s=20

Razer are also going to have a showcase at this year's event. I like what they've been doing recently with their mice, but I'm still waiting for them to get the gaming keypad right. Tartarus and Orbweaver just fall short, but if they get it right it's a must buy from me.

So it's June now. What are we doing for this prediction bingo lark? Any suggestions for rules ye want?

Advertisement