Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Championship 20/21

• 16-09-2020 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Here we are back once again with erm the Championship master?

This is my year dammit had a nice run of promotions but its come to a crashing hault. Until now. Maybe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Still waiting on my parachute payment to arrive. Is it usually a cheque or EFT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FHFC wrote: »
    Still waiting on my parachute payment to arrive. Is it usually a cheque or EFT?

I heard all the parachute payments were used to fund the mods and admin Christmas party after the normal budget had been cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Fun fact, myself and El Tel have been promoted together 3 times in 5 years me usually claiming the last spot available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

patmac wrote: »
    Fun fact, myself and El Tel have been promoted together 3 times in 5 years me usually claiming the last spot available.

Playing you this week.
    There's one or two others who came out of the Qualifying League with me that have better promotion records. km79 and T-bone? Perhaps one or two others I'm leaving out.

Got a lucky draw this week for my first point against maigheo thanks to Egan's red. :o

When did you guys get out? For me it was 14/15 then got promotions to here then stalled. I registered when it originally started and seem to recall I was meant to be in the Champinship but forgot to sign up so feels like maybe this was meant to be my home!

• Advertisement

15/16 Vardez helped me to 8th in the world and won the Q League.

People probably think its a joke when we say it's the toughest league on here but really is. Season I went up I finished 2k and was a good bit off top spot.

jimmii wrote: »
    People probably think its a joke when we say it's the toughest league on here but really is. Season I went up I finished 2k and was a good bit off top spot.

Yeah it's crazy tough.
    I was going to post a reminder on the general thread about the Q league as entries have slowed down but I'll leave it to Scorpion Sting to incur the "wrath" of those who have been trying for many seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah it's crazy tough.
    I was going to post a reminder on the general thread about the Q league as entries have slowed down but I'll leave it to Scorpion Sting to incur the "wrath" of those who have been trying for many seasons.

Ha cheers. :D

Will get onto it now as it's been totally forgotten about over the last while sadly.

The more competitive it is the better and more sweeter promotion will feel for those who go up.

Yeah it's crazy tough.

Was delighted to get out when I did. I'd imagine theres lots who have been toiling away at it for years.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Was delighted to get out when I did. I'd imagine theres lots who have been toiling away at it for years.

From looking back on the signups this season, I saw that a rank of 100k was enough to get the last spot in League Two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

15/16 Vardez helped me to 8th in the world and won the Q League.
    From looking back on the signups this season, I saw that a rank of 100k was enough to get the last spot in League Two.

I took the last qualifying spot finishing 11313.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I’ve been in this league since the very very start, never relegated, never promoted consistently average :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

El Tel and myself have been relegated.

Jeju is in a very precarious position, 7 points adrift of klopparama.

Promoted:
    1st:Tony Montana...75pts
    2nd: Morzadec...73pts
    3rd: MrSkinny...72pts

4th: TaytoCrisps...72pts
    5th: Hogey007...69pts
    6th: Captain Bob...69pts
    7th: KevIRL...65pts
    8th: patmac...60pts
    9th: remoteboy...58pts
    10th: mhaigheo...55pts
    11th: dahat...55pts
    12th: manual man...54pts
    13th: jimmii...54pts
    14th: FHFC...49pts
    15th: AdpRo...47pts
    16th: wrestlemaniac...46pts
    17th: klopparama...46pts
    18th: ElTel....41pts
    19th: F1ngers...36pts
    20th: Jeju...36pts

*Scorpion Sting to verify*

Signup thread with team ids/boards names for confirmation.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058104897

Post updated with final positions.
    Pending verification.

^ Thanks very much F1ngers for making the admin task a little easier.

- - - - - - -

Congrats to Tony_Montana on winning the FSA Championship this season and to Morzadec and MrSkinny on their promotions.

As always, if anyone wishes to not take part next season can you please let me know asap as it makes it easier to pass spots down now rather than having lots of spots to fill up after the deadline.

Can I also ask all those involved to try their best to be online on Boards during the month of July as that is when PMs go out.

Every year a few people lose their spot by not being on Boards to read the PM sent out and I'd like if 'attrition' could be kept to a minimum.

Here's the 20 teams who have qualified for next season's FSA Championship:

Dearg81
    tom_k
    iroced
    TaytoCrisps
    Hogey007
    Captain Bob
    KevIRL
    patmac
    remoteboy
    mhaigheo
    dahat
    manual_man
    jimmii
    FHFC
    AdpRo
    wrestlemaniac
    klopparama
    Easy Rod
    Ginger Ninja
    Cartman78

Congrats to the 3 who have been promoted and commiserations to those relegated.

If spaces do arise, the order of the next in line to go up is as follows: Shanotheslayer, ElTel, yozico, F1ngers, deadlineday, Jeju

Advertisement