Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sporina wrote: »
    If you like pitta bread and live in Cork City you gotta try Izz Cafe's pitta bread - divine - I get it with hummus.

There's very good Syrian flatbread available in Cork. The Alternative Bread Company in The English Market sell it.
    Really good and great value.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

There's very good Syrian flatbread available in Cork. The Alternative Bread Company in The English Market sell it.

Yeah, that's a very nice flatbread. Love it.

I got some of the rye bread from Pana yesterday (was it you that recommended it TBR?). Anyway, it is very good! Bought a half loaf, they sliced it for me. €3.20 I think?

Had it with tuna salad. Yum!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a very nice flatbread. Love it.

I got some of the rye bread from Pana yesterday (was it you that recommended it TBR?). Anyway, it is very good! Bought a half loaf, they sliced it for me. €3.20 I think?

Had it with tuna salad. Yum!

It was someone else recommended it, I had it and confirmed the fact.
    I'm addicted to it now. It freezes very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

Love TABC - not had that but the Izz one is wow.. when they serve it, its like a balloon.. freshly baked.. doesn't get much better..

But must get one from TABC - would be handy to have at home.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Love TABC - not had that but the Izz one is wow.. when they serve it, its like a balloon.. freshly baked.. doesn't get much better..

But must get one from TABC - would be handy to have at home.

Oh, flatbread is so much better eaten fresh. Definitely.

But do try Ahmed's (? name) flatbread.

Both white and wholegrain. It's not made by TABC, they just sell it. He also sells it to restaurants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Had to use up some stuff or it'd go off, getting rid of leftovers.

lsMmA5B.jpg

Had to use up some stuff or it'd go off, getting rid of leftovers.

your baby spuds look lovely and buttery...

we eat a lot of them in this house - they are so handy (and tasty {esp when roasted in the oven})

If I'm roasting/baking baby potatoes, I use the air fryer myself, just the right size and seems to get crispier results, if that's what you're after. Those ones above were just boiled, then tossed with some shallot oil and salt/pepper before firing on to the place. Not much f*cking around with them. As you say, they're very handy and give good results.

If I'm roasting/baking baby potatoes, I use the air fryer myself, just the right size and seems to get crispier results, if that's what you're after. Those ones above were just boiled, then tossed with some shallot oil and salt/pepper before firing on to the place. Not much f*cking around with them. As you say, they're very handy and give good results.

we don't have an air fryer, but we usually steam em for a while then chop em up, oil and season and bung em in the over until crisp.. lovely and mushy on the inside, crispy on the out.. hmm.. the overall success depends on the quality of the spud though

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Leftovers from yesterday’s bbq.

Bavette steak sandwich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

Smoked mackerel (Hederman’s, pure treat!), with a dressed salad of roasted peppers, radish, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, tomato. Very tasty indeed

notAMember wrote: »
    Smoked mackerel (Hederman’s, pure treat!), with a dressed salad of roasted peppers, radish, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, tomato. Very tasty indeed

hmm it is a pure treat - so €€ - we get their smoked salmon on occasion..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

hmm it is a pure treat - so €€ - we get their smoked salmon on occasion..

The mackerel are way cheaper than the salmon. 5 euro for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Recliner

Pot noodle.
    Haven't had one in years and I know I'll suffer for it but just had a longing for processed salty junk food.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Recliner wrote: »
    Pot noodle.
    Haven't had one in years and I know I'll suffer for it but just had a longing for processed salty junk food.

Bombay Bad Boys for me ;)

Have to replace the sodium they removed a few years back, so I add sambal oelek/fish sauce/soy sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Going to have to take this thread away for a deep clean I’m afraid. Pot Noodles, two of you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Croque Monsieur from St Germain in Malahide

Going to have to take this thread away for a deep clean I’m afraid. Pot Noodles, two of you! ;)

I'm sorry, I will try harder next time but in fairness sometimes you just have to get down and dirty. :-)

I did add my own soy sauce if that helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Group Buy!

I have had many, many brands of instant noodles of varying flavours and quality over the years.
    I'm pretty sure that I have never had an actual Pot Noodle.

If I'm going to eat highly processed and flavoured carbohydrates, I want ones marketed mostly at Asian people, for some reason.

• Advertisement

I have had many, many brands of instant noodles of varying flavours and quality over the years.
    I'm pretty sure that I have never had an actual Pot Noodle.

If I'm going to eat highly processed and flavoured carbohydrates, I want ones marketed mostly at Asian people, for some reason.

I insist that you try. Thank me later..

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mussels in white wine, chilli, garlic and cream sauce with crusty bread and focaccia.

And a glass of white wine to wash it down (sure it’s a bank holiday).

attachment.php?attachmentid=555131&d=1622982157

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Half a toastie from Margadh in Howth, post cliff walk and two scoops of gelato for dessert.

Very sad the little tea-room that used to be in that space has gone :(

F*cking hell, Awec, that looks good.

My freezer defrosted a little by mistake, so I've been eating prawns all weekend as they have to be used up (shelling and deveining a few score prawns is a pain in the hoop, but very worth it). Final lunch, very garlicky prawns on sourdough toast. Just as well I'm not in the office tomorrow, going to be radioactive.

Um9oSD7.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I had some lentil pate and some houmous left over, so had that on some crisp bread with a side salad. While sitting in the sun in my back garden and reading a good book - perfect lunch break!

556579.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

zxJH03El.jpg

Home made Soda Bread, home made slaw, boiled lump of ham (ham ya can't see through), cheese, onion etc etc.
    Black tae :pac:

Bit of a salad buzz lately, been having it a good bit for lunch. Chicken, beetroot, greens, pomegranite, pumpkin seed, blue cheese, few cherry tomatoes included for herself. Can't stand them myself.

F7NZACy.jpg

Bit of a salad buzz lately, been having it a good bit for lunch. Chicken, beetroot, greens, pomegranite, pumpkin seed, blue cheese, few cherry tomatoes included for herself. Can't stand them myself.

are those pickled red onions?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

It was brunch, but I hope that's ok :D

Quesadilla filled with mushroom, courgette, pepper, onions and egg. Topped with some bbq sauce and some peri peri mayonnaise.

Brunch-Quesadilla.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Spaghetti aglio e olio. Love this stuff, so light and easy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=557546&d=1625398146

Aldi chillis though are disappointingly mild. Even with the seeds left in :(

Advertisement