Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a license or anything to buy a scope on ebay

• 23-05-2021 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Looking to buy a 3.5x scope from a vendor on ebay. Do I need any license or anything else? Or can I just buy it from ebay with no issues from a legal perspective?

Comments

Serbia is not in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Exp271

Serbia is not in the EU

do i need a license or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭con747

Exp271 wrote: »
    do i need a license or anything?

There's a thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=259865 It appears you don't need one.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Exp271

con747 wrote: »
    There's a thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=259865 It appears you don't need one.

Thanks. I looked at a lot of threads like this but never got a concrete answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I belive that there was a requirement for either a 'single import license' (or some such) or an 'end user agreement' for scopes over 10X or night vision. This was usually done from the US but I think there was restrictions from UK. Theses mainly came from the supplier. I had to do a 'end user agreement' for a US purchase scope (3-12x56)

This, to my knowledge, is no longer the case and only applies to scopes exclusively made for the miltary and night vision scopes.

So if it's a standard, non night vision capable scope you should have no issues ..... unless the vendor is in some country that has weird export laws.

• Advertisement
Advertisement