Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car loan recommendation for a UK import?

Options
  • 17-05-2021 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Any good recommendation for a car loan to buy a car in UK and then import to ROI? No matter if this is from a ROI or UK's bank, as long as this is possible for a ROI's customer.

I saw Permanent TSB has a specific service for this case but the interest rate is ludicrous 8.9%. Not a chance to take this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Credit union?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your not going to get a loan from a UK bank if your not a UK resident.

Use the likes of bonkers.ie to compare interest rates from various banks. There is also a banking forum on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just so you are aware, importing a car from the UK (unless it's a UK-built car) will incur VAT charges on top of import duty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Avant are the cheapest at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭on_the_roots

Just so you are aware, importing a car from the UK (unless it's a UK-built car) will incur VAT charges on top of import duty.

Yes, I'm aware of these post-brexit rules. So I'm going to follow the less complicated/expensive route, importing a car first registered in NI and not exported to anywhere so far.
    The only way to escape VAT is importing from NI on the conditions I mentioned above.
    ineedeuro wrote: »
    Avant are the cheapest at the moment

Indeed they are the cheapest I could find so far, 5.9% but I'm trying to find something cheaper than this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Yes, I'm aware of these post-brexit rules. So I'm going to follow the less complicated/expensive route, importing a car first registered in NI and not exported to anywhere so far.
    The only way to escape VAT is importing from NI on the conditions I mentioned above.

Indeed they are the cheapest I could find so far, 5.9% but I'm trying to find something cheaper than this.

You won't in Ireland

You are buying a car, short term loans have higher interest rates.

Unless you buy somethign brand new and get PCP with 0% etc

Advertisement