Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro stage 15 Sunday

• 23-05-2021 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭

Race neutralized not long in after a bad crash and he stretchers are out.

927SmEyrYGhZE7nqcEP7_230421-104906.jpg?v=20210423124906
    GFiULtaXs0xTyhTCEEt5_230421-104858.jpg?v=20210423124859

Comments

Plenty getting cuts and road rash seen to there too. 3 abandons so far resulting from the crash. Van Emden looked to be the worst off. Only 5km into the stage here when it was stopped.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Was just going to create a thread. Here is the usual profile/betting stuff:-

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-15-profile-n2-9a7513e097.jpg

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-15-map-900e70a58f.png

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-15-finish-aa1e466c9e.png

giro-d-italia-2021-stage-15-climb-f6f831e93a.jpg

Betting:-
    Peter Sagan 3/1
    Alberto Bettiol 14/1
    Davide Cimolai 16/1
    Fernando Gaviria 22/1
    Mikkel Honore 22/1

So Sagan a heavy favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

On the move again no but racing not underway yet

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Can someone explain to me the idea of blocking the road please? I understand why certain teams do it to let the brake get away but how does it fit into the rules? I imagine that its in the UCI rules that you aren't allowed deliberately block another rider

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What a ****e stage for a Sunday, why isn't Monday's stage on today for the weekend TV viewers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Can someone explain to me the idea of blocking the road please? I understand why certain teams do it to let the brake get away but how does it fit into the rules? I imagine that its in the UCI rules that you aren't allowed deliberately block another rider

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fair-game-or-unnecessary-the-dark-arts-of-blocking-the-road/

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Inquitus wrote: »
    What a ****e stage for a Sunday, why isn't Monday's stage on today for the weekend TV viewers?

Prob had to tone it down after the stage yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

its not the greatest but need a big stage teh day before the rest day and theyd probably kill the riders giving them 2 big days in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Big deterioration in the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Bank holiday in most of Europe today

• Advertisement
Advertisement