Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deposit given, rust noted minor one in engine bay as well

• 22-05-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Images in next post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

Image attached
    dubliniift wrote: »
    I've given deposit and noticed rust on Honda Insight. Some yellow stick liquid is also there on joints.

Car is 2011, new import, 120k done. 7k, 1.3 L

Other option is an executive model at 8.5k which is 1.5 L and has paddel shifts and leather seats.

1. Rust a cause or concern

2. Which is better. I liked 1.3 to be smooth than 1.5. 1.5 made some strange noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Walk away from both of them by the sounds of it.

Images not working

Edit : saw your pics on another thread, that’s just wax.
    If there is rust somewhere else, that needs to be investigated

Text

I had that yellow stuff on a Japanese import too, it was wax.

If there’s nothing else going on other than that, then it’s worth buying.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Thanks sir. Car was fantastic to drive .

• Advertisement

All I know is the 1.3 insight is very slow, so 1.5 would be better.
    Now if it’s making funny noises, you need to investigate that.

Do they seem reasonably priced to you, strike me as being a bit expensive ?

What’s the warranty like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Hi OP, I have a 2010 Insight that i bought 5 years ago for €7,900- so would agree with Colm mcm that it seems overpriced considering my one was only 6 years old when I bought it.
    Apart from the alloys, my one is white so it's like looking at an old ad for my yoke in the 1.3 version which I don't find particularly slow to be honest but it can depend on your driving style or needs on this.
    All the advice I can really give you is I am very happy with the car and it has proven to be super reliable, very cheap to run (fuel and tax wise) and is actually a nice car to drive. i think the Insight is a much nicer car on the inside than outside to be honest.
    Best of luck with how you go and also double check with your insurance that they have no issues covering a Japanese import car.
    Good Luck

Warranty is 3 months. All dealers are seeking at same price. 2009 are priced at 5999 with no cruise control.

I have checked all pics for 30 cars only this white has repainting done. I noticed some gap in fitting as well.

I have checked 4 cars and all had bad history. Loved a c3 and mechanic said it was welded badly. Run a Carrell report and found it was bought by dealer a month ago and he is selling it at 1k extra and no tax has been paid for over a year. Dealer is well known in D16.

Kind of fed up. First car and tired in search already hours on bus travel. Thanks for your advice

Hi OP, I have a 2010 Insight that i bought 5 years ago for €7,900- so would agree with Colm mcm that it seems overpriced considering my one was only 6 years old when I bought it.
    Apart from the alloys, my one is white so it's like looking at an old ad for my yoke in the 1.3 version which I don't find particularly slow to be honest but it can depend on your driving style or needs on this.
    All the advice I can really give you is I am very happy with the car and it has proven to be super reliable, very cheap to run (fuel and tax wise) and is actually a nice car to drive. i think the Insight is a much nicer car on the inside than outside to be honest.
    Best of luck with how you go and also double check with your insurance that they have no issues covering a Japanese import car.
    Good Luck

It seems due to higher demand or whatever reason prices for insight are up.

2009 5999 to 6500
    2010 6500 to 7000
    2011 7000 to 7500
    2012 7000 to 8500

2015 I have seen are 11k to 13 if not higher. Again mileage is 100k kms or so.

Honda Jazz 2015 1.3 is available at 8k.

I'm relaxed driver and don't take fast pickups. 1.3 looked fine however dealer don't allow motorway drives.

I never intended to spend that kind of money, however, not getting reliable auto anywhere.

All cars are clocked 60 to 70k miles.

Appreciate your feedback

vfbfsbfb

• Advertisement

This is superior to any Insight
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-toyota-prius-hybrid-auto-nct-07-22-tax-02-22/28192306

Full service history from Toyota main dealers too

This is superior to any Insight
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-toyota-prius-hybrid-auto-nct-07-22-tax-02-22/28192306

Full service history from Toyota main dealers too

Thanks. This is of interest. Anything to watch out for while driving sir. New to hybrid and car world

It should be silky smooth really. Take it for a good spin.

Bring someone with you to give it the once over.

Car was rated R. Bought online auction sheet. Thanks for your help sir.

Advertisement