Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So how did your 20/21 Fantasy Football Season pan out?

• 21-05-2021 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Coming towards the end of the Fantasy Football Season I like to reflect on what managerial decisions I made that did and didn't work out well, what bandwagons I got onto in time or missed out on, if I made some disastrous transfers or not?.....let's be honest we all do:)..... and when the Fantasy Football Gods conspired to give me a great or brutal GW score.

So feel free to add your own summary on how your Season went ......you can wait until you know your final OR after GW38 and if you have won Money leagues or not etc.....

Current OR-250k

Squad going into final day of Season:(Likely Subs in brackets)

Schmeichel (Forster)
    Holding Dallas TAA Ward Saiss)
    Salah Son Willock Fernandes (Peireira)
    Bamford(C) Nacho Watkins

Squad Value: 99.6m Money ITB:7.6m
    Final GW transfers-Brought in Bamford for Kane and giving him the Armband.

Total Transfers for Season:49
    -Feel that in general I do too many transfers trying to chase points.....aim to only use around 35 next Season and be more patient with players in my team who have a bad score for a few weeks in a row.

Best transfer in- TAA....got him in after his 12 pt haul v Arsenal in GW30.He has avg around 8 points a game since then:) He replaced AWB who has only avg around 3 pts a game since GW30.

Worst Transfer in- Werner.....After his 5pt haul in GW1 I brought him in for next 3 GW's where he blanked....raged transferred him out,only to see him then get 16 pts v Southampton in GW5:(

Bandwagons- Got on Soucek train good and early and boy was it a fun ride:), same with Lingard...got off Jesse train in GW33 so avoided his dip in returns.Missed out on boarding the DCL train early enough which I regret as he amassed 88pts in the first 13 GW's. I only owned him from GW10....he'only' avg around 3pts a game till I sold him in GW29 and then he returned 21 bloody pts in the following 2 GW'S!

Season Summary- Had reasonable start and was at OR 800k approx after GW 10.
    Had several good GW'S then heading into Xmas period but got Capt shouts wrong during this busy spell and several injuries stretched the squad and dropped down to OR 1.3m by GW20:(
    Tried to be more patient regarding transfers for third quarter of Season and that coupled with some good/lucky Captain choices saw me start to gain some much needed.By gw 30 I was up to an OR of 650k which was great progress.

I played my second WC in GW 31 and got a haul of 87pts with captain Salah,Nacho and TAA having stormers. All four have done well in the intervening weeks. Had green arrows every GW from GW31 to GW 36!!,dipped slightly last week but sitting at OR 250K heading into Sunday's games. Delighted with the way my Season has turned around.
    Would class myself as an 'interested casual' as regards time I devote to FF. I always try and build Team Value early in Season,wouldn't spend more than an an hour a week thinking about possible transfers etc but check in on Fpl Scout site. A busy job and young kids decide that;)

Will post my Final Rank when the dust settles after GW38.
    Looking forward to seeing other's high and low points of the Season...no pun intended:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

Was pushing for top 10K a couple of months ago. Got to around 11k. Then fell off badly. Mostly due to chances I took not panning out. Now just hoping to stay in the top 100k. Mini league I'm in is long gone. Top 3 in there are all well inside the top 50K. Leader inside the top 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Very solid season with a disappointing end. The United - Liverpool cancellation put an end to my hopes. Will likely finish between 15k-20k.

Started well and generally had more good weeks and than bad. Not too many big swings, and eventually got into the top 10k a few weeks ago. I was confident of staying there, thought I'd finish 7k or so. Was looking to have a shot at the boards money leagues and maybe finish 3rd or so.

In the end looks like I'll finish more like the 20k mark - that's where I am right now, though my team looks good for the last week so maybe get towards 15k. The boards money leagues are gone, the lads leading it have done phenomenal and I'd never have caught them even with a decent end of season.

Topped a good few mini leagues and will make a profit anyway. Don't think I have many regrets/really obviously bad calls that I made.

The only one that sticks out is taking a hit to get a playing goalkeeper after Newcastle - Villa was called off. This had the knock on effect of having 2 playing goalies and then benching Martinez for probably 3 double digit hauls over the next 10 GWs or so. I reckon I'd be well in the top 10k if I'd gone with a blank goalie that day.

I almost made one other shocking call that would have ruined my season very early. Spurs were so bad opening day against Everton that I was all set to take Kane out after GW1 for Martial. Didn't make the move in the end and Kane got 4 assists and a goal the game after - Martial got sent off in GW4 too.

Biggest disappointment was probably KDB's 7 point haul in the DGW on triple captain. Felt really hard done by there, the fixtures were great, City scored loads of goals, and he got injured on 58 minutes in the 2nd match which cost me an additional 6 points. I still think that was the best choice for TC and he easily could have gone past 20pts that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Current OR 236k, highest all season was 196k just last week. Given I had a disastrous start to the season and then made it even worse with an awful wildcard in GW6 and ranked 4m-5m for much of September to December Im very happy with that. But Id love to break back into the top 200k on the final day, I need to catch up 10 points to do it.

Final day team
    Martinez (Mendy)
    Dias Coufal Dallas (Castagne)
    Salah Son Lingard Raphina (Greenwood)
    Antonio Kane Watkins

Total transfers 43
    Squad value £104.5, in the bank £1.0

Worst transfers, like the OP was on Werner from day one and rage transferred him out just before his 16 point haul vs Southampton. Also had Auba from day one, another flop. Another one was a week after I transferred Bednarek in Southampton lose 9-0 to United and he gets both an own goal and a red card to finish on -7 points for the game, a complete disaster

Best transfers, Martinez without a doubt at least till recently. Leeds trio have been great as well although Ive left about 30 of Dallas points on the bench. I had good timing getting on the bandwagons of Lingard and Nacho which were big differentials for me in my money league when no one else owned them.

Memorable moments
    -Was raging at my captain Salah being benched for the Palace game, mates were slagging me on Whatsapp over it. Then he comes on in the second half and serves up 2 goals and an assist for a monster haul of 32 points, none of them owned him so I got the last laugh
    -A single week punt on Lowton in GW24 away to Palace, bought him a week before using a wildcard and he scored as well as getting a clean sheet for a handy 17 points. Wildcarded him out then and he blanks, it was beautiful timing
    -In the following game week used the wlldcard to go from Lowton to Dallas and got Raph to add to Bamford too. I watched Leeds live that Monday night where they absolutely dismantled Southampton 3-0 with all three of my players scoring. Was literally jumping off the sofa at every goal, it was just glorious. After the game there was bonus points being handed out like confetti and the three of them hauled a total of 45 points in a single game. Was buzzing at that but more importantly it gave me the belief I could reel in a 110 point deficit in a money league which Ive since managed to do, I was giving up on it till that point.

Its my first season playing and Ive really enjoyed it. Playing FPL has meant I watch other games of football rather than just my own team so its made the season a lot more enjoyable overall for me. Best aspect has been the money league because I was dead and buried in February against 3 friends who have been playing FPL for 5/6 years now. I was supposed to be the whipping boy but now going into the final day I have a 40 point lead, my main rival has bench boost but I should see it through now barring something crazy happening like a TAA hat trick. Winning money from the bookies is always nice but winning it off your friends is especially sweet. And the Lazarus manner in which Ive done it is the cherry on top, my three mates still cant believe whats happened because they spent 6 months dogfighting each other while not worrying about what paddy last here was doing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Muahahaha wrote: »
    -In the following game week used the wlldcard to go from Lowton to Dallas and got Raph to add to Bamford too. I watched Leeds live that Monday night where they absolutely dismantled Southampton 3-0 with all three of my players scoring. Was literally jumping off the sofa at every goal, it was just glorious. After the game there was bonus points being handed out like confetti and the three of them hauled a total of 45 points in a single game. Was buzzing at that but more importantly it gave me the belief I could reel in a 110 point deficit in a money league which Ive since managed to do, I was giving up on it till that point.

Leeds really provided loads of great FF moments this year. They were actually probably the highlight of the year, The WBA 4-0 match, had Bamford, Alioski and Raph I think, that was such a satisfying watch. They're such a fun team to watch, even more so when you have a few of their FF assets!

By far the best promoted team I've seen in the league, ended up watching a lot of their matches this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What a year my favorite by far. Working from Home loved my Friday afternoons reading boards see is there any tips I can pick up and captaining advice.

At 135k 18 points outside top 100k which is a great season. The Money league has been a roller-coaster all year. Top 4 has been set since Christmas but its been a dog fight. For example going into Tuesday I was 3rd 10 behind 2nd and 40 behind first. Need something wild went willock captain 22points and tomorrow I'm 16 points behind 1st and 11 ahead of 3rd. Going for another wild move just need to figure out what.

Best moments: so many.. dallas off the bench in gw31 for 17 points against city and taken a - 4 to bring maddison in and didnt play. My captain choices veltman, dallas, Cresswell. Getting on the stones train early with some massive returns. Martinez just been solid all year.

Worse moments: son benched for that haul again Southampton in gw2 I'm still angry over that one. When I go thru the points left on my bench just brutal.

Great year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I thought I’d miss it .........I knew I wouldn’t enjoy this season due to work commitments and the crazy prem league schedule so it felt the like the right time for a break. I thought I’d be back at it next year but I won’t .
    I popped in the odd time something happened that I knew ye would be enjoying or driving ye cracked :D
    But apart from that I enjoyed not having my mind taken over by it ! It’s why I resisted it for so long . My obsessive nature meant it was all or nothing . I’m glad with the games so staggered that I didn’t feel the need to watch and/or follow them all.
    I’ve dipped in and out just watching the games I’ve wanted to watch . I haven’t watched too many Burnley games for example waiting the 90 minutes for clean sheet and bonus :D

The only thing I really miss is the bit of craic here and Klopporama going mad the odd time :)

Best of luck to anyone competing for leagues or even just a good finish for their OR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Incredibly disappointing. Was flying high at 30k in GW25. Was around 50pts clear in my main leagues and joint top in another. A rival in each of those leagues had a WC and TC remaining over me and played them brilliantly in fairness. I'm now 116k OR and second place in those leagues (16pts and 60pts off!). If I can break past the top 100k I'll be happy at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Finished 99k, but a very profitable year.
    2nd in Boards Monthly LMS, 2nd in Dahat’s h2h league, won CSF’s Free hit league and won a cup and finished 3rd in another.
    Love these different leagues on here, and keeps you interested even when things are going to pot.
    Made 52 transfers which is too many and I reckon if I wasn’t so trigger happy I would have got another 34 points, but there was a mad amount of doubles and blank gameweeks.
    HEWT.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Well from checking online I should finish around 40,000 or so overall which im happy with!

My highest ever points total as well at 2436 points. It's mad though that in the 2011/2012 season I finished 1958 overall on 2236 points so it just goes to show how much the game has developed and changed!

Looking back on this season there were some really annoying things that happened to me which was nothing but pure bad luck or flukes but its part of it :pac:

I still wonder what would have happened had that United Liverpool match went ahead because I lost a ton of ground that week and basically it cost me in 3 leagues I was in I would of either won or been very very close otherwise!

The main thing for me was I won the money league for work in the first year I've been in the job so that should go down well :D haha.

Overall im looking forward to hopefully a more settled normal season next time out im already dying to see what kinda team ill have for the first gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Finished up at 1770 which is a small green arrow of 29 places from last season. It's my fourth best season so very happy obviously.

Was determined from the start to WC in GW 16 so the early weeks were really tough especially from 5 until 8 when I was stuck at 1.2 million and many were wildcarding, but I always thought the squad was OK from week to week so stuck with the plan.

None of the chips were great or awful and I wouldn't say I had any form of good or bad luck over the season as a whole. Probably what I'm happiest about is that it was felt like my most controlled season ever.

The one thing unique to me is that I'd say my player of the season was Danny Welbeck. Got him in on the WC in 31 to play some very specific games and he came up with a 9 and a 12 in two of them. Given how difficult it's become to find true differentials that was really pivotal. More than ever these days it's getting good budget players that makes all the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Final OR: 55k

First time ever seeing a season of FF out in full, always lost interest, but first time being in 2 money leagues which helped.

First half of the season was a slog, I was easily 150 points off the top of the 2 leagues. Made the odd good early call, DCL from the start was a great decision back then. Turning point was DGW 19. I didn't really appreciate the need to plan for it, reckoned I could wing it, had a stinker and was miles off the pace. Was at an OR of 500k or so after it. After that, something clicked, Gundogan, went wild, some great captaincy calls, went kane Vs Palace for 38 points against double games. Started to go with my gut rather than following the herd. Captained Barnes, Raphinha in this time and they all paid off. Climbed the leagues at a massive rate of knots. Was top in both by gw32 and realised the impossible was on. Made a bit of a balls of a wildcard here and took punts on Marcos Alonso when I should have gone TAA. It took a bit to sort this and I took a -4 before GW37 to get TAA that almost lost me the tighter league. Went bale over son In 36 and it paid off handsomely yesterday. I would not have been in the discussion for winning these leagues in August so feels extra special! The cash is nice too!

Learnt a huge amount about FPL and certain useful data metrics. There's a lot of high and lows when you let yourself get invested in it. Feel like the experience gained in the run in was invaluable and I'd certainly do a few things differently next season.

I will be back next year, maybe not as obsessive, I will try to just enjoy it. Won't do the euros, definitely need a break from hoping for clean sheets. Mendy has me mentally exhausted!!!

Finally big thanks to you all on here, a community I didn't know existed. Great place to bounce ideas and some great characters on here. Until next season! Enjoy the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Final ranking 50,829. Season divided into 2 - GW 1-16 hovering around the million mark mostly. GW 17-38 apart from a couple of weeks all green arrows. Took far too many hits in the 1st part of the season that didn't pay off, gave away 52 points in hits trying to get away from the million mark on differentials which didn't pay off.

Starting to realise now (which I should have done before now) is that a lot of people use their chips very early which skews where teams are in the rankings.
    Also, didn't really get on the players that were scoring in the early part of the season. Didn't own Bamford till GW19 for example.

Highlight of the season was GW31-36 - the team had a gameweek ranking in the top 300k for each week apart from GW 35. Looking forward to next season and hopefully making a better start.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Finished with an OR of 6874, last couple of weeks were poor and dropped out of top 5K. Broke 2500 points overall for my highest ever points total but 5th best OR.

Capt worked out well with a total of 630 cap points. Salah capped 18 times the most capped followed by Kane (6), KdB (5) and Bruno (4).

Had some good successes with chips. Gameweek ranks immediately after playing chips were WC 1 - GW16 GR 121K, FH - GW18 GR 18K, BB - GW26 GR - 864K, TC - GW32 GR 65K, WC2 - GW35 GR 40K.

Overall had 5 Gameweek ranks under 100K, a further 8 below 500K and a further 6 below 1 million. So exactly half my gameweek ranks were below 1 mil. Only had 2 gameweek ranks above 5 mil.

Took 84 points in hits and most transferred in player was Son (6 times)

Biggest regrets not owning Emi at all and despite all those times owning Son not getting any of his big hauls.

http://www.fplretro.com/ one of many season review tools, I find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Finished with an OR of 135k and ended up quite disappointed not to break the top 100k.

I was 3 million OR after GW5 and then had 13 out of the next 16 GW's being green arrows to 68k OR (GW10 I had a a GW rank of 8k). It was a throughly enjoyable period playing FPL, making good decisions and not panicking.

I learned how to play chess at the start of the season and started to be more analytical and strategic with my FPL transfers and captain choices which I'm sure impacted my OR(?!)

The tail end of the season Feb - May I spent a lot less time on FPL due to moving apartments/job and there were a few bad decisions, my (C) choices went pear shaped and the OR was sliding.

Looking at stats, my captain choices got me 562 but could have potentially been 1037 so a lot to take from that next season.

Should've held onto the BB as used it on the wrong week, found it more of a hindrance than anything as planned my team around and was left with players I didn't necessarily want.

Biggest regret was not getting in Martinez sooner and not getting in Gundogan (I went for a mix of Foden/Sterling) when he went bonkers those few weeks, I thought I was being smart so worth considering for next season.

Best transfer was Dann, Dallas > Stones, Coufal in GW19 and gained 33 points instantly.

A lot to build on for next season, glad of the break tbh. Last 2 seasons have been fairly full on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Final OR of 8,639 for my 8th Top 10k finish in 11 Years.

I suppose the story of my season is consistency really rather than any mad variations in performance. Got into the top 100k in GW9 and only dropped out for 2 weeks after that.

I played my WCs in GW5 (I always plan for an early WC once teams are set and transfer window closed) and GW31 - pretty consistent with my normal approach. I took 6 hits, which is actually twice as many as last year. I don't have a good record for hits, so I only tend to take them if I want a player for a number of weeks.

My FH only gained 12 points in GW18 and my BB only 9 points in GW26, but I did get 19 from my TC in GW36.

Good transfers were Dias/Son/Grealish/Gundogan/Lingard/Bamford/Iheanacho for their hot runs. Worst signing was Sam Johnstone - 14 points in 9 starts and Kasper Schmeichel 13 in 7.

Biggest regret was not going for Martinez earlier and not going for Bamford over DCL in GW37.

Good season, but rushed a few decisions which is not like me and i paid the price on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

This was my 3rd worst OR 313k (15 seasons) despite having my 4th highest points 2313 total.

Overall I knew I wasn’t going to have the same amount of time to put into the game as normal and expected to struggle..which I duly did.

Lowlights where taking out Mane for Son only for Son and Sterling to both get injured in training leading to me bringing Mane back in. Of course Son then played and scored 2 so I ended up -13 for that transfer set.

Ended up with double figures on my bench in 6 gameweeks including a whopping 31 points one week. Of course when I played bench boost I got a grand total of 7 :/

Got my keeper choices wrong all season with Sam Johnstone on 37 being my highest scoring keeper.

Highlights, somehow managing to stay in the premier league here and luckboxing one 4 week period to win mom in two leagues I’m in and cover my costs.

Report card C- to D

Must try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Felt I was having a great season until the last two weeks, dropped from 7k to 20k,
    Knocked out of LMS by late goal and bonus and caught in my private league with a 16 point lead on final day with rival mane captain,
    Mad how you can't even check when ya know you've done crap,
    So overall very happy just with a bad ending, bit like GOT and just as many injuries...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

18k finish.

Proper rollercoaster season for me. Didn't include Salah in my Gameweek 1 team (thinking Aubameyang was gonna be the man this year) meaning those who captained him were gaining 40 points on me from him alone. An unpleasant 3.5 million start to the season was followed by 2 more 3.2-3.4 million gameweek ranks (so a kind of consistency) and I didn't have a gameweek rank inside the top million until Gameweek 7.

I played the wildcard in GW3, but didn't get into the top million until after Gameweek 9. Thankfully once GW9 happened i hit a rhythm and had 15 green arrows from the following 18.

After GW25 I was sitting at 15k without having used any of my chips when most people had used a couple on the double and blank gameweeks that had already gone. Genuinely thought at that point that it could be the year where I genuinely could compete at the top with the big boys, but it wasn't to be. Swung as high as 8k and as low as 25k but ultimately never moved too far away from that position and finished up on 18k.

Thankfully in the non-classic leagues I had alot of success and excitement. Won the Boards Champions League on here and the JD Super Cup, both of which are competitions with very nice purses, I finished 2nd in the Free Hit League, 2nd in the draft league on here, and 4th in the FSA Premier League and won a number of money leagues and placed in some others.

Quite a positive year all in all and this place is always one of the highlights of it. Looking forward to doing it all again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Finished at 99k in the end. Like CSF, I didn't include Salah in my GW1 team, then no Kane or Son and it felt like I was on the back foot then until Christmas. Lesson learned, a bad start really sets you back especially with so much info around now, it's not as easy as it used to be to make up the ground. Bounced around the 300k for weeks and finally made some progress with the FH in GW29. Overall I'm happy to have got the 5 digit finish in the end but my target is always top 10k so it's a bit of a disappointment to fall short of that for the second year in a row. Looking forward to the break now even though I'll probably give the Euro game a go!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

112,656th in the end. Had an amazing few months where i was near the top 1k, but fell off badly in the last few months. Too much chopping and changing at times, and a few weeks where i forgot to make changes or got the deadline wrong. Frustrating, but i won most of my leagues with my friends. Lost out on any prize in our work league though :/

• Advertisement

Well done CSF. That's a great finish. Much the same here but you'd need to add a zero

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Roller coaster of a season for me got off to a terrible start, PEA over Salah in GW1 set the tone.

Fell to as far as 3.4m ranking in GW16, before things started to turn around - set 750k finish as a goal. 4 100+ GW scores, coupled with matching/beating the 10k average most weeks helped me get out of millionaire club by GW34. Thought there was half chance of top 500k at that point - think i was around 50 points off. GW37 killed any hopes of that, but finished the season strong with a punt on Pepe who helped me get to 70(-4) and beat my main rival. Ended up at 720,927

Most years there is no real competition with my rival but at one point with 5/6 GW's to go i was 50 points behind so was exciting for that alone.

Had a set and forget strategy for Son/Kane for first 10 weeks of season so i was well covered for them, except for when Son was "injured" and then went onto play the game of his life after i took him out.

In a strange way i sometimes got more pleasure not falling for a player that others seem to think was destined for big things, although i did not have much luck with my strikers all season - held Watkins for 10+ games and might have got 1 goal, Adams as well - lost his place for a DGW, Bought Aguero early in season got injured after 1 game, had Ricky when he got red card etc.

Few months break and may be back at it. Have zero interest in the Euro FF but gl to anyone that is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A guy in our work league finished 118th in the world. No chance against him this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kiith wrote: »
    A guy in our work league finished 118th in the world. No chance against him this year.

You gave him a good run for his money though - you were ahead of him until GW14 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Very poor season to end with a really good start (was in the top 75k roughly), luck really turned against me after Christmas. Finished up on 320k OR, which is my second worst ranking after my first year, but scored my highest total points ever, but i think that was the nature of multiple DGWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Incredibly disappointing. Was flying high at 30k in GW25. Was around 50pts clear in my main leagues and joint top in another. A rival in each of those leagues had a WC and TC remaining over me and played them brilliantly in fairness. I'm now 116k OR and second place in those leagues (16pts and 60pts off!). If I can break past the top 100k I'll be happy at this stage.

Funny how one GW can change things! Classic FPL. A Hail Mary move, in captaining Mane, allowed me to win my main league and come from 16pts behind!

Finished 84k. Overall, I'm happy with that. My 3rd highest, and better than last years 92k finish.

Would never have captained Mane if I wasn't so far behind. I think that might be a lesson next year - don't take it as seriously and try some punts every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭onrail

Good season, but still left with that nagging feeling of 'what-if'...

Ended up around 6k, having been just about top 1k around GW 32. From then on, I started trying too hard to protect my position rather than play the game properly, bringing in 'blockers' where they maybe weren't the best option in objective terms.

Overall though, I can't complain, it's my best finish by about 8k places. Despite winning every league I was in, there was only one paltry money league paying out €150. Going to search out some decent paying competitions next season (where I'll inevitably finish last!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I had my best ever season this year finishing 79th overall with 2609 pts, and 3rd in Ireland.

About 5 years ago I finished 370th which I didn't think id top, but this year everything worked out. Had my mini leagues won months ago pretty much, so my aim was to try get 1st in Ireland but by the last gameweek I was about 40pts behind him so just wanted to remain in the Top 100 overall.

joe123 wrote: »
    I had my best ever season this year finishing 79th overall with 2609 pts, and 3rd in Ireland.

About 5 years ago I finished 370th which I didn't think id top, but this year everything worked out. Had my mini leagues won months ago pretty much, so my aim was to try get 1st in Ireland but by the last gameweek I was about 40pts behind him so just wanted to remain in the Top 100 overall.

That's a cracking result. Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

joe123 wrote: »

...Cracking finish- would love to know what you're best decisions were, and any strategies that you use to be so consistent?...
    ...I had a poor season, finished 400k+, and only once broke the top 100k- started with PEA as captain and seem to go that way... Had 12 green arrows from 13 at one point, but from GW23 it just fell apart...Got my captain wrong on too many occasions, and seems to be a week behind any bandwagons...
    ...But strangely, I've been more interested this season than ever and already looking forward to the next one...

Advertisement