Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL 2021 discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Looking forward to this competition starting this weekend. Not the same without supporters in attendance but hopefully it's the last ever competition that is like that.

Div 1 title winners likely 1 of Dublin, Tyrone, Kerry.

Main relegation candidates looks to be Monaghan, Roscommon, Armagh

Div 2 Mayo will be the clear favourite to win that title. Promotion challengers Cork, Kildare, Meath I'd reckon.

Fighting to stay up Westmeath, Down, Laois and Clare it seems.

Div 3 no excuse for Cavan, Tipperary not gaining promotion. Derry, Fermanagh challengers?

Relegation Wicklow just up will do well to stay up and Longford, Limerick, Offaly also in a battle.

Div 4 on eyes on Mickey Harte with Louth as they should get promoted. Anyone's guess who will join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭blowitupref

That bit of skill one of the highlights of today's action.

https://mobile.twitter.com/eirSport/status/1393583281694728195

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's so good having football back. It's even better having every game available with GAAGO and TV. Been spoiled today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Div 1 title winners likely 1 of Dublin, Tyrone, Kerry.

Main relegation candidates looks to be Monaghan, Roscommon, Armagh

Maybe add Galway to the relegation candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Good first half to tyrone and donegal. Second half is awful.

• Advertisement

robbiezero wrote: »
    Good first half to tyrone and donegal. Second half is awful.

Decent enough finish. Tyrone very wasteful. Lot of poor shots and execution. Donegal have a way of just killing games and their own momentum when they really should be pushing on and putting games to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dog_pig

robbiezero wrote: »
    Donegal have a way of just killing games and their own momentum when they really should be pushing on and putting games to bed.

You're on to something there, they never look particularly comfortable holding on to a lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,753 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A good win for Donegal, needed to be steely there in the last 20, they were being absolutely ridden by McQuillan there, Tyrone up to plenty of their usual skulduggery to try and stop the opposition but despite sleepy Joe who either should have awarded a goal or a penalty to donegal but instead did neither but award a free out and even the umpires who wided what looked like a fair point.... donegal will be happy with that evenings work all be it yet another shîtshow from the man in black... seeing that too regularly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,436 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I was listening to the radio commentary for Tyrone Donegal. The commentator saw something he never saw before in a match. A kick out by the Donegal keeper was caught by the Tyrone keeper, who was up the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

Strumms wrote: »
    A good win for Donegal, needed to be steely there in the last 20, they were being absolutely ridden by McQuillan there, Tyrone up to plenty of their usual skulduggery to try and stop the opposition but despite sleepy Joe who either should have awarded a goal or a penalty to donegal but instead did neither but award a free out and even the umpires who wided what looked like a fair point.... donegal will be happy with that evenings work all be it yet another shîtshow from the man in black... seeing that too regularly now.
    The very odd time I think maybe I'm too sore on Tyrone. And then I watch them play again. Naively I hoped that some of that nonsense might have died down a bit post-Harte.

• Advertisement

dog_pig wrote: »
    You're on to something there, they never look particularly comfortable holding on to a lead.

They just seem far too cautious. They had an extra man for all of the second half, but there was no urgency to kick on and bury the game and for a finish they were only a kick of a ball from losing it.
    Expected a bit more from them given how they did similar last year and handed all the momentum to Cavan and lost the game.

moghrasa wrote: »
    The very odd time I think maybe I'm too sore on Tyrone. And then I watch them play again. Naively I hoped that some of that nonsense might have died down a bit post-Harte.

Totally...

Im a neutral but .... its detracting from the sport big time.. taking away from the spectale and enjoyment...

Tyrone wont change though... referees need to be prepared to go to their pockets from inside the first 10 and consistently thereafter.. if they finish with 12 on the field thats their own doing.....today they in fact should have, easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

One point loss for Mickey Harte's charges.

Louth 3-8 Antrim 1-15

Full list of results from today.

Division 1 North
    Tyrone 0-16 Donegal 0-18

Division 1 South
    Kerry 4-21 Galway 0-11

Division 2 North
    Mayo 2-21 Down 1-11

Division 2 South
    Cork 0-14 Kildare 2-12

Division 3 North
    Longford 0-5 Derry 0-21
    Fermanagh 0-15 Cavan 0-14

Division 3 South
    Limerick 1-13 Tipperary 0-14

Division 4 North
    Louth 3-8 Antrim 1-15

Division 4 South
    Waterford 0-10 Carlow 3-16

Louth were very unlucky against Antrim, 3 points up after 69 minutes..should have been confident to see that out...

In the 4 additional minutes Louth failed to score and conceded 4 points in 4 minutes to loose by 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

David Clifford is already the best goalscorer I have ever seen. Makes something generally rare at inter-county level, a hat-trick from play, look like a normal day's work.

Absolute monster. Has compiled some dossier of finishes in his career so far too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

David Clifford is already the best goalscorer I have ever seen. Makes something generally rare at inter-county level, a hat-trick from play, look like a normal day's work.

Absolute monster. Has compiled some dossier of finishes in his career so far too.
    Himself and Fenton are proper generational players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

Roscommon offered very little there. Dubs didn't need to come out of 2nd gear. Not sure either team could take much from it.

From about ‘57 minutes or so Roscommon we’re dead on their feet. They in fairness put in a phenomenal effort to go toe to toe with Dublin but they just couldn’t maintain it toward the end...

That said, had Dublin taken a couple of penalties...we’d be looking at double scores.

Monaghans turn to be absolutely done by the referee here...

Monaghan player on the receiving end of a forearm to the neck a few minutes ago and only a free.. the most obvious booking....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

dobman88 wrote: »
    Roscommon offered very little there. Dubs didn't need to come out of 2nd gear. Not sure either team could take much from it.

Dubs training since February
    Roscommon probably for 3/4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Jaysus lads, can any player actually enjoy playing today's game?

Switched onto Ros-Dub yesterday and this jogging around your own 45 handpassing it, then jogging back across the same 45 again. How boring.

This attacking/defensive mark is a joke too. No place in the game for it.

The game is nothing like the game was when todays players were growing up.

Bodybuilders in tight shirts is what the game appears to be today.

I can just imagine what they're talking about in dressing rooms at half time and full time, turnovers, possession retained, successful handpasses etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thought Armagh showed well at the weekend. I was jumping in and out of watching it but looked well fit to go toe to toe with Monaghan.
    Donegal Tyrone looked a bit dour from the 20 mins I saw of it. Think Donegal look the better outfit through the pitch though rely heavily on Murphy.
    Kerry had a point to prove and did against a lost Galway team. Big game for Kerry next week to see where they are.
    Dubs barely out of 2nd gear in that Roscommon game, just so much more a fit more technical outfit.
    Happy with Mayo, won it as best we could in terrible conditions. Few of the new lads showed well. Down are new to div 2 so we should have been beating them. Didn't see the Meath Westmeath game.

Great to have it all back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Great scheduling next Sunday, Kerry V Dublin at 1.45pm, Galway V Ross at 2pm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Great scheduling next Sunday, Kerry V Dublin at 1.45pm, Galway V Ross at 2pm :rolleyes:

Can't you just record one of them and then watch them back to back?

Westmeath 2-12 Mayo 0-21. That hard earned win puts Mayo into the Div 2 semi final and 1 win away from promotion. 2 defeats for Westmeath but can take plenty of encouragement from their two competitive performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Lovely composed finish by Conor McCarthy for Monaghan goal. Enjoyable opening 10 mins....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

McCarthy with a 20 minute hattrick. Excellent build up from Monaghan and finish by McCarthy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Rocket, great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Class goal by Michael Langan to give Donegal a foothold in the game after McCarthy goal blitz.

Advertisement