Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interactive Brokers - basics

• 20-05-2021 8:46pm

Can someone tell me how to set up out of hours. I've looked at videos and it looks like a totally different set up to mine.

I'm used to dealing with Degiro, which is very user friendly. IB seems a mess in comparison.

Would love to get help with setting up pre hours trading. I've just set up a basic account, don't know if I need to purchase a monthly upgrade etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Can someone tell me how to set up out of hours. I've looked at videos and it looks like a totally different set up to mine.

I'm used to dealing with Degiro, which is very user friendly. IB seems a mess in comparison.

Would love to get help with setting up pre hours trading. I've just set up a basic account, don't know if I need to purchase a monthly upgrade etc.

Thanks.

IB certainly isn't the most user friendly imo!
    If you are using TWS, on your order entry window, there is a little arrow beside DAY, if you click this it gives options, Day, GTC, Fill outside RTH, and Allow Pre-Open, that works for me for US stocks anyway.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    IB certainly isn't the most user friendly imo!
    If you are using TWS, on your order entry window, there is a little arrow beside DAY, if you click this it gives options, Day, GTC, Fill outside RTH, and Allow Pre-Open, that works for me for US stocks anyway.

No, indeed not!

I only have the following opitons:-

Limit
    Mid Market
    Market
    Stop
    Stop limit
    Market on close
    Limit on close

Looks like I need to activate somehow. Not sure what version I have. No point having this unless on can trade pre market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

No, indeed not!

I only have the following opitons:-

Limit
    Mid Market
    Market
    Stop
    Stop limit
    Market on close
    Limit on close

Looks like I need to activate somehow. Not sure what version I have. No point having this unless on can trade pre market.

In my TWS I have, left to right, BUY, SEL,L QTY, LMT (other limit options in dropdown as you state), LMT PRICE, DAY (with GTC, Fill outside RTH, and Allow Pre-Open also available instead of DAY in the dropdown).

There are probably some option you need to turn on, you will probably have to contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

In the app it's part of the Time-in-force settings.

In the app it's part of the Time-in-force settings.

Hi, first of all I had a white screen, then a day later I got an email to download software. I've done that, now I've a black screen. Which at least looks more like the screen used in the "learn" video.

But, my gawd, it's horrendous. Who developed this, somebody evil anyway. :eek:

I don't have the phone? app, and don't see a Time-in-force setting. When I click the tiny tiny buy button it doesn't give me an option for out of hours. I think if they tried to they couldn't have made a bigger mess.

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    There are probably some option you need to turn on, you will probably have to contact them

I think you're right, something needs to be turned on. I don't see an obvious 'contact' option. But, will keep looking.

Thanks.

HODL the phone! By George, I think I've found it.

Will check later on, but I found the Time in Force section. :D

Were you using the Trader Work Station?
    Now I'll admit it's pretty powerful in what you can do with it but my god it's chronic. I took one look and uninstalled.

I found the app awful at first too but now I'm using it a while it's far better than Degiro's.

Oddly, while the website looks decent enough I still think it's easier to do the 'fancy' orders on the app.

Just spend time with it.

Were you using the Trader Work Station?
    Now I'll admit it's pretty powerful in what you can do with it but my god it's chronic. I took one look and uninstalled.

I found the app awful at first too but now I'm using it a while it's far better than Degiro's.

Oddly, while the website looks decent enough I still think it's easier to do the 'fancy' orders on the app.

Just spend time with it.

I thought I'd set up the the out of hours trading by ticking the outside RTH box under Time in Force. But when I set to sell at market out of hours it didn't sell.

So, it looks like I STILL need to tick some configuration box. Painful.

I've downloaded the app.

I thought I'd set up the the out of hours trading by ticking the outside RTH box under Time in Force. But when I set to sell at market out of hours it didn't sell.

So, it looks like I STILL need to tick some configuration box. Painful.

I've downloaded the app.

Could it be that the order just didn't sell because there was no buyer?

• Advertisement

Could it be that the order just didn't sell because there was no buyer?

Possibly, Will know Monday morning for sure. But degirp was saying there were bids. Not sure how accurate that is AHs.

Possibly, Will know Monday morning for sure. But degirp was saying there were bids. Not sure how accurate that is AHs.

Cool, best of luck with the investments!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

for a general share account, can someone give me the laymans pricing proceedure, or what plan you guys are on.

Monthly fee?

Annual fee ?

Advertisement