Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry Medicine 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Pharmabud

Jpw20 wrote: »
    Did they send an email ? Or was it on their portal system ?

Just got an email 5 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CopperTone1

RCSI mature entry student here, was accepted into medicine last in both TCD and RCSI, so if anyone has any questions regarding the interviews send me a message and I’ll be glad to help.

Congrats everyone and best of luck with the next stage. To those who were not successful, don’t give up. Contact the college and ask for feedback on your application and improve for next year. You’d be surprised how quickly the year will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jpw20

Has anyone else heard from Trinity yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 melody15

Has anyone else heard from Trinity yet ?

Yes, I received an invitation for interview this afternoon. I was really surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Duffleboxie

I wonder did we all get the same interviewers for RCSI?

• Advertisement

I wonder did we all get the same interviewers for RCSI?

Hard to see the same interviewers holding 35-40 interviews but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CopperTone1

Pharmabud wrote: »
    Hard to see the same interviewers holding 35-40 interviews but who knows

Last year it was two interviewers, and I’m pretty sure some applicants had different people. You’ll be told prior to the interview who is intervening you.

You also meet with Celeste (head of admissions) before you begin.

Has anyone received their interview time slot for UCC?

I did send a confirmation email, but haven’t heard back anything yet.

Thanks.

melody15 wrote: »
    Has anyone received their interview time slot for UCC?

I did send a confirmation email, but haven’t heard back anything yet.

Thanks.

I haven’t heard anything back yet either about a time slot perhaps they’ll let us know tomorrow ?

I haven’t heard anything back yet either about a time slot perhaps they’ll let us know tomorrow ?

No word from UCC yet either

• Advertisement

No word from UCC yet either
    I presume still no word on time slots from UCC ?

I presume still no word on time slots from UCC ?

Apologies just got email now

Apologies just got email now

Yes I did too! Best of luck for next week! :)

melody15 wrote: »
    Yes I did too! Best of luck for next week! :)

The very best of luck to you too

• Registered Users Posts: 27 arkeda

Good to luck to everyone on their interviews.

Out of curiosity, for those who have interviews with multiple universities, what would be your preference in the event of multiple offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yowyow

arkeda wrote: »
    Good to luck to everyone on their interviews.

Out of curiosity, for those who have interviews with multiple universities, what would be your preference in the event of multiple offers?

My first preference would be RCSI. How was everyone’s interview?

yowyow wrote: »
    My first preference would be RCSI. How was everyone’s interview?

Went ok but I would say a little more intense in parts than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yowyow

Went ok but I would say a little more intense in parts than I thought

I thought it was quite intense too. Tbh I’m not too confident how I did with it :/ kinda sucks being so close yet still so far

I thought it was quite intense too. Tbh I’m not too confident how I did with it :/ kinda sucks being so close yet still so far

It’s very hard to articulate your full intentions and background when they have set questions and only 15/20 mins. I found it strange the way you don’t forward a proper cv beforehand so they don’t have a full insight into you .

Do you mean this about RCSI? Did they not ask for CVs?

I thought my interview was very formal compared to what everyone was saying beforehand! Thought they were in a rush and I was like “stop, just sit there and listen to how my acquired skills correlate to me being a bloody g8 doctor”!!! Did they ask anyone medical questions or what did you find intense?

No sorry , I mean UCC didn’t ask for a CV or proper references etc and are just working off your CAO documents.

I thought yesterday with UCC was very formal and intense. Just the way they asked them more than anything and didn’t fully react or interact with answers to allow you develop the conversation if you get me.

• Advertisement

No sorry , I mean UCC didn’t ask for a CV or proper references etc and are just working off your CAO documents.

I thought yesterday with UCC was very formal and intense. Just the way they asked them more than anything and didn’t fully react or interact with answers to allow you develop the conversation if you get me.

Oh sorry! When’s your RCSI interview?

I also thought you meant your RCSI interview. I thought that the RCSI was quite formal too :/ it was the complete opposite of what everyone felt in the prior years.

Literally!! Was yours before or afternoon? Just wondering were they hungry! Haha

Oh sorry! When’s your RCSI interview?

Mine is tomorrow with RCSI , was it very formal for you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eua19r1

My interview with UCC felt much the same too. A lot more intense than expected for the length of time allocated. Did anyone ask them when offers will be out?

Well it wasn’t what I was expecting. Everyone said they’re happy and it’s only a chat. I thought they were very low energy and not really asking any pertinent questions!

As a matter of interest, who here thinks they’ll get a GEM place?

When did you have the interview for RCSI ? I’m on in morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cl0.123

I have my interview with RCSI tomorrow afternoon. I am a bit nervous now that they seem more formal this year and the interviewers seem to be rushed and not as enthusiastic. Did they throw any curveballs? Best of luck everyone!

UCC emails are out , best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 eua19r1

Waitlist for cork here. Best of luck to everyone else.

eua19r1 wrote: »
    Waitlist for cork here. Best of luck to everyone else.

Same here, I’m on the waitlist as well!

• Advertisement

Also been waitlisted for UCC, anyone know how many places there are in UCC ?

Advertisement