Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X5 cream interior

• 20-05-2021 11:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

About to buy a second hand X5 but only concern is cream interior. Have kids and they are young and messy of course.
    It's cream leather and the floors have cream carpet as well. Just wondering if anyone in similar situation and how do you keep the interior clean?

Sorry if wrong place to post this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd not worry about the seats, the leather will easily wipe down any mess, the carpet though is another story. You could get black BMW mats which will keep the visibility of dirt away. Some people will get 2 sets of mats, a cream set for summer and a black set for winter. Either way whatever dirt your kids are putting on your current car is just not as visible but is still there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

I'd not worry about the seats, the leather will easily wipe down any mess, the carpet though is another story. You could get black BMW mats which will keep the visibility of dirt away. Some people will get 2 sets of mats, a cream set for summer and a black set for winter. Either way whatever dirt your kids are putting on your current car is just not as visible but is still there.

Oh I know it is but it is all black interior so not as noticeable :p
    We live in countryside and do walks out fields etc...muddy boots might be a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭freddieot

I had one with a white leather interior. As the other poster said, its not a huge deal to keep it clean. However, when you look very closely at the perfoations in the leather they can get a bit dirty over time. you can still clean then. I used son-of-a-gun but it requires regular cleaning and some effort.

Have black again now in the current motor and no issues

My one had a black floor so no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Oh had a Tuscon with cream leather. Now, materials might not be as good as the bmw, but after 2 years with not much hard use, 2 old teenagers plus ourselves, and with a second car for most football pick ups etc, it was beginning to look grubby around some edges.

I'd say life is too short to be worrying about it, if it's going to annoy you of it gets dirty, get a black one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

I wonder if any option for long mats you could use in the back seats etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

ineedeuro wrote: »
    About to buy a second hand X5 but only concern is cream interior. Have kids and they are young and messy of course.
    It's cream leather and the floors have cream carpet as well. Just wondering if anyone in similar situation and how do you keep the interior clean?

Sorry if wrong place to post this.

Assume that's the BMW oyster interior and TBH as much as i love it (really lifts interior, nice and bright) I would avoid with small kids.

Yes of course you can keep clean but i think it will break your heart.

I have OCD and just couldn't do it. My wife got black interior on her BMW recently as kids in it loads and my next one I'll get oyster but kids older then and not really in my car much.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

If it has the cream carpets - don't bother I work in the trade and they are an absolute pig to clean and keep clean kids or no kids. Try get the cream seats with black carpet

Advertisement