Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corona Virus and licence applications

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    Finally granted my second sub the other day.
    Delighted, 22 bolt action for a 22 modern sporting rifle!

Took over 3 months for the sub, but still delighted.

What are talking about, an AR15?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Marlin papoose...Her choice and budget.:pac:
    Did ye go new or second hand.. What sort of money was it..
    I hope she didn't mind get a belated valentines gift in march.. love is great.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    The better half just got her grant notice for her 1st .22 rifle within 10 days in Ennis...:eek:
    Hats off to the Ennis AGS on this one!

I've no complaints with AGS in Clare, very quick to process paperwork. They can be a bit stingy on ammunition allowances though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Zxthinger wrote: »
    What are talking about, an AR15?

Yes indeedy, in 22lr!

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Did ye go new or second hand.. What sort of money was it..
    I hope she didn't mind get a belated valentines gift in march.. love is great.. lol

Newish 2nd hand around the 200 mark.Heh...for a trainer it's good:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭JP22

Final Update.

License grant letter arrived today, 44 days in total, happy, happy :D:D

What we all need now is abolition of the 5k limit or at least extending it to inter county travel. Clubs may not open for a bit but at least I could fly fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Asus1

Substitute in the 6th of April got licence this morning the 19th.So 43 days in total,not too bad I suppose.Heading down this evening to pick up the cz457hmr.

Renewal sent in early march for the MSR.Grant notification in this AMs mail.
    Still awaiting news on the Ruger mini 14

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm over 3 months waiting for a shotgun licence. Got a letter stating the conditions that I must adhere to so the grant letter mustn't be too far off now.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm over 3 months waiting for a shotgun licence. Got a letter stating the conditions that I must adhere to so the grant letter mustn't be too far off now.

Being nosey here but if you can could you tell me what conditions are on it as I've never had any conditions put on my owning a firearm yet.If you can't or prefer not to say don't worry about it I'm just a nosey sh..e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Asus1 wrote: »
    Being nosey here but if you can could you tell me what conditions are on it as I've never had any conditions put on my owning a firearm yet.If you can't or prefer not to say don't worry about it I'm just a nosey sh..e

It's a restricted firearm.

I've to keep it disassembled so as to be ineffective when not in use and bits stored in two separate safes. (This condition can be a pain in the hole. Some guns are easier to disassemble than others.)

I've to have a monitored alarm etc. and it must be switched on when the house is unoccupied (which it would be anyway).

I've to transport it to and from the range in a locked metal container. (I've an old lightweight safe that I chain into the boot when I'm heading to the range. It takes a minute to put in so it's no big deal.)

Can't leave it unattended in a vehicle (as if I'd be doing that anyway).

That's it. I've those conditions on other restricted firearms too.

Well THAT wasn't too painful at all.Got the restricted license for the Mini14 today in the post!:D Applied in March...

With the usual conditions...Store it in a safe ...[Duh!]...Transport it in an inaccessible way to access it in a car....Etc. How does this work with a crewcab pickup?Chucking them in the cargo bay isn't very smart either.

All in all,a good day today.:)

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It's a restricted firearm.

I've to keep it disassembled so as to be ineffective when not in use and bits stored in two separate safes. (This condition can be a pain in the hole. Some guns are easier to disassemble than others.)

I've to have a monitored alarm etc. and it must be switched on when the house is unoccupied (which it would be anyway).

I've to transport it to and from the range in a locked metal container. (I've an old lightweight safe that I chain into the boot when I'm heading to the range. It takes a minute to put in so it's no big deal.)

Can't leave it unattended in a vehicle (as if I'd be doing that anyway).

That's it. I've those conditions on other restricted firearms too.

Cheers for the explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Put in sub application on 11th May, licence arrived on 24th, so 13 days.

Credit to AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭no_4

submitted a subs in first week feb,; 10 weeks + 1 day; galway city
    previously submitted a new app for a 12g o/u and got it in 6-7 weeks, same office.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

put in a sub in Kildare license back in less than 3 weeks. credit where credit is doe well done to the F.A.O.

Advertisement