Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walter Presents on All4

• 26-01-2021 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Anyone any good shows here to recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Butson wrote: »

Really enjoyed the twelve

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

I would recommend Greyzone. I thought it was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Deutschland 83. Well worth your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Heartless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who is Walter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anything I've watched so far I've liked if not loved. I'll have a look at my list, so glad other people are on to this!.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have watched a few recently. An Italian series called Thou Shalt Not Kill, a Swedish one called Rebecka Martinsson - Arctic Murders, German one called Nordic Murders (actually set on the Baltic coast, confusing title!) and am currently working my way through a German one, Inspector Falke.

All good IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah the Nordic one seems to be called Usedom Murders originally, lazy translation perhaps. Very good though..

Yeah the Nordic one seems to be called Usedom Murders originally, lazy translation perhaps. Very good though..
    Yes, it's an interesting area geopolitically. An island on the German - Polish Baltic coast, that has an international border in the middle of it. I had never heard of the area until I started watching it.

The only complaint I'd have about Walter Presents is that everything is hard subtitled. Some of us that speak any of the languages reasonably fluently ought to be able to switch them off. Not only is it distracting, but sometimes the subtitles are just plain wrong and that grates my gears :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The Mafia Only Kills in the Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Moscow Noir.
    Like the poster above said stick a pin in WP and you'll find a good show.
    He is great at the quality control :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Yeah, Nordic Murders and Arctic Murders are good. Stockholm Requiem is worth a watch. Obviously the big ones like Deutschland and Mafia Only Kills in Summer. Greyzone is next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Champagne Sally

I'm watching No Second Chance at the moment, it's good, based on Harlen Coben book set in Paris. It's not as gritty as the usual fare on Walter Presents but it's very watchable.

I loved All the Sins and started Bullets lately also (both Finnish). I have to say I really love the dramas on Walter Presents, like someone said previously, stick a pin and you're set for some great entertainment.

Rare miss for me, Thicker Than Water, knew it wasn't my usual thing before i went in but it's pretty poor nonetheless. While i like some of the characters and will continue for that the plot is very sketchy leading to some far fetched drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seekenee

in the middle of Deutschland 83 at the moment, loving it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Hope this makes it to All4, it's a hoot, pure Scandi drama and black comedy. Currently running on HBO Nordic.

Welcome to Utmark

https://vimeo.com/542081085

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really loving the Rocco Schiavone series, which was recommended on another thread.
    They are feature length 3 available on all4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

What would ye recommend for someone who loved crime drama? Lovvvved Cracker, Unforgotten, Bron/Broen, Prime Suspect..

Didn't like Wallander, Bodyguard, Luther, River, The Fall,

TIA

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Hope this makes it to All4, it's a hoot, pure Scandi drama and black comedy. Currently running on HBO Nordic.

Welcome to Utmark

https://vimeo.com/542081085

Just watched this, highly recommend. Available on all good "alternative" platforms :D

• Advertisement

Rather enjoying all the sins, there are two series on all4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭apache

Friday 9pm More4 Walter Presents Dark Woods. German crime drama. Meant to be very good. Have it set to record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yeah, like the look of that. Will probably give it a go. Keep meaning to watch more of the Walter Presents stuff, (loved Deutschland) but never quite seem to get around to it.

Just to reply to my own post

I have watched all the sins series one in about a week, really excellent. I have just started series two even better so far imo.

Advertisement