Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need a bike rack for 2016 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Options
  • 18-05-2021 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Evening. In need of recommendations for a bike rack for a 2016 C4 Grand Picasso. Don't have towbar or roof bars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

How many bikes do you need to transport?

Check the Thule website where you can select racks by vehicle Make/model.

These will fit any car...
    Www.seasucker.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

07Lapierre wrote: »
    How many bikes do you need to transport?

Check the Thule website where you can select racks by vehicle Make/model.

These will fit any car...
    Www.seasucker.com

Cheers. Two adults and two kids. Might be ok with 1 adult and 2 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A Citroen dealer will supply genuine parts but these are actually made by Thule. You'll need a pair of transverse roof bars to mount bike carriers on to and a fixing kit for each bike carrier.

RRP of the accessories is:
    Roof bars (assuming you have longitudinal bars) €330
    Bike carrier €170
    Mounting kit €13.

For every bike you intend to carry, you'll need an additional bike carrier and fixing kit.

It's expensive but it's a starting point so you can price elsewhere and compare - no doubt there's less expensive options on the market.

PM me your C4's VIN and I'll get you accurate Citroen prices and the details of your nearest dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I've got stuff from halfords I've used the same bars for 20 years with my thule racks just buying different fitting accessories for different cars. I a number of bike carriers as well.

although thule ain't cheap one of my bike carriers is 25 years old.

Advertisement