Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaccination how are you getting on

Options
  • 13-05-2021 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,154 ✭✭✭✭

I was vaccinated yesterday evening. I got the AZ vaccine. I had got advice to take paracetamol every eight hours for 24 hours before and 48 hours after by a medical professional. She also advised me to drink plenty of water before and after at least 2L every 24 hours. I have followed the advice given.

While I have no temperature or aches or pains I have been very lethargic all day long. Where the vaccine was given in my arm while not painful or having a heavy like some seem to have, I had an ache there for last 3-4 hours not something I notice all information the time but now and again I am aware of it. Normally go for a 3 Mike walk every evening will give it a miss this evening

I just said I put this up as it's full steam ahead with vaccination over next 6-8 weeks. I had hoped to get the J&J but you take what you get. I will update again tomorrow. If you get headache's or graver it's on the 24-48 hour period no sign of that at present

Slava Ukrainii

Post edited by greysides on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Mother got AZ a few weeks ago. Like that ok that evening but knackered all day the following day. No other symptoms. Wouldn't have any big plans made for the day or so following administration I'd say, particularly if it involves hitting the road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭endainoz

Mooooo wrote: »
    Mother got AZ a few weeks ago. Like that ok that evening but knackered all day the following day. No other symptoms. Wouldn't have any big plans made for the day or so following administration I'd say, particularly if it involves hitting the road

Yeah my own mother had the same experience, a fair bit of tiredness for a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,154 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Back to normal today it was a 24 hour thing. It was being lethargic more than tired. Just had no go yesterday

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Opened thread expecting it to be about BVD or similar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I thought it was for the vaccination under the BEEP-S scheme, but then I saw who posted. :D

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

My mother got her second dose today after drama before the first one. She's tired and weak this evening, but at least she's vaccinated now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Back to normal today it was a 24 hour thing. It was being lethargic more than tired. Just had no go yesterday

Got P/B vaccine the second one really wiped me out. Glad you are going again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I got the first Pfizer jab yesterday and thankfully no real side effects. I slept like a baby last night and lay on in bed for an extra couple of hours this morning. The muscle in my arm is slightly tender. I'm going to have a office day today and catch up on paperwork. I took 2 paracetamol after getting the jab and 2 again before going to bed. I also drank a litre of water on the way too/from the vaccination centre and another one throughout the evening.

What are those in my age bracket (40's) figuring to do? Get the offered jab of Johnson & Johnson or AstraZeneca with the associated blood clot risk, or wait for Pfizer or Moderna?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

What are those in my age bracket (40's) figuring to do? Get the offered jab of Johnson & Johnson or AstraZeneca with the associated blood clot risk, or wait for Pfizer or Moderna?

Might wait, but will they be any better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,154 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I was in the age group above and really had no choice. However if you are in good health, have no underlying conditions and are not obese. I would be over weight by 2-3 stone but would be active and exercise regularly. I think you will be.ok.

If you opt I imagine after application you will be vaccinated in 8-10 days. I would stay away from alachol and go for the water and paracetamol 24 hours before and 40-48 hours after the jab.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Got the Astra back in March, was ok for 24 hours then had a 35 hour flu basically, no energy and During the night went from chills to sweats, after that was fine. 34 healthy male. No second shot yet

Might wait, but will they be any better?

I'm leaning towards waiting myself. Very marginally safer if they don't have the blood clot issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Getting the phiser on Thursday

I can register on Friday. Yipee. My mother got her second go of Pfizer on Friday. Was wrecked Saturday and Sunday, OK yesterday

whelan2 wrote: »
    I can register on Friday. Yipee. My mother got her second go of Pfizer on Friday. Was wrecked Saturday and Sunday, OK yesterday

4 weeks from the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Think I can register tomorrow. Sooner the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I got the Pfizer on Friday, I took paracetamol afterwards and felt very very cold all evening and during the night too, I was grand on Saturday, getting the second jab in 4 weeks.

dzer2 wrote: »
    4 weeks from the first?

Yes. To the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I won't be getting the second jab until July .. 12 weeks after the first.

• Advertisement

Yes. To the day

Not so bad fully vaccinated by mid June so

orm0nd wrote: »
    I won't be getting the second jab until July .. 12 weeks after the first.

What vaccine did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

What vaccine did you get?

AstraZeneca

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

I'm able to register on Sunday. Am 45. I just don't want AZ, I'd be keen to find out how this 'option to chose AZ or J&J' will work. I wonder do you get a chance to do so when registering? Everyone else seems to just be told what they are getting when they get their test of appointment... or from what I am reading on here. I'm weird out by both these above options due to blood clot issues in my family. I'd be tempted to wait for Pfizer or Moderna option even if I have to wait.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Got the first shot today. Was advised to take a photo of the cert and bring it when getting the second shot. It could be as important as a passport for travelling in the future.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Got the first shot today. Was advised to take a photo of the cert and bring it when getting the second shot. It could be as important as a passport for travelling in the future.

Surely you'll need to bring it with you so it can be filled in?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Surely you'll need to bring it with you so it can be filled in?

What I meant was make a copy of it on the phone in case it gets lost. Yes it will have to get the date of the 2nd shot written in then.

blue5000 wrote: »
    What I meant was make a copy of it on the phone in case it gets lost. Yes it will have to get the date of the 2nd shot written in then.

Sorry I misunderstood you, that's a good idea. I was thinking of getting mine laminated when I'm fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Got the moderna vac on Sunday, have aches and pains since but not bad and get the next one in 28 days.

• Advertisement

Left arm is a bit sore today, no headache but feel a bit tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement