Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomutant

• 17-05-2021 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Anyone following this? Releases next Tuesday, 25th May. Not seen much hype but looks to be some cool ideas, could be a lot of fun

https://youtu.be/FFqqcB-Sfos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Anyone following this? Releases next Tuesday, 25th May. Not seen much hype but looks to be some cool ideas, could be a lot of fun

https://youtu.be/FFqqcB-Sfos

Yeah, I'm happy it's finally going to make it out - it's been in development for quite a while. It's definitely got a certain something though, and hopefully it will have been worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Happy to hear no MP planned so I'll probably give this a whirl. Feel like it's been about for ages and now all of a sudden it's getting released. Very little hype around it, but that's not a bad thing. Will wait for reviews but it sounds interesting at least. I constantly kept mixing this up with Mutant Year Zero...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Been following it for years but I am still on the fence. It is not worth a day one purchase. I will keep an eye on it and check reviews before deciding down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

will look at the reviews, it appears to be a massive open world filler game and I dont know if I have the stomach for one of them at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    will look at the reviews, it appears to be a massive open world filler game and I dont know if I have the stomach for one of them at the mo

It does seem to take a good bit from Zelda and thats ok in my book.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ZiabR wrote: »
    Been following it for years but I am still on the fence. It is not worth a day one purchase. I will keep an eye on it and check reviews before deciding down the line.

Yeah same here, zero gameplay footage or info for so long then only snippets the last few weeks.
    Seems to be kill this small group of enemies rinse repeat.
    Im just not convinced, will wait for reviews but i said the same about outriders , couldnt wait for reviews and was sorry i didnt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The art and UI direction is very weird for this one. Was watching a gameplay video and there’s this sort of hyper-realistic overall style matched with comic book style ‘BAM!’ and ‘ZAPPPP’ pop-ups during combat. Doesn’t seem to gel in the (admittedly brief!) clips I’ve seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Looks cool, but then as above the crappy cartoon bubbles for attacks is cringe, and there doesn't seem a lot to do outside of roam around to locate enemies then hack and slash your way past them. I had hoped more depth, like Jak and Dexter or Ratchet and Clank as it looks kinda like those titles.

Just be careful is all I am saying. You have to remember that this is a game that has been delayed a number of times. It has been made by a studio with 18 employees and they want €60 for it. That is AAA territory. Many AAA games with 100s of staff working on them only charge €60-70.

I hope it does well for the studio but caution is advised until the reviews drop etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmak2442

I rather not play anything than this monster role or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not everyone's cup of tea but pew has a gameplay video up.

It does look very fluid and the world looks detailed and beautiful. I am still going to wait for a few more full reviews to hit.
    My main issue at the moment is that Game Pass has SOOO much for me to play at the moment I have no idea where I would find the time to play this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I pre ordered it, pre load is Sunday, excited to give it a go.

I pre ordered it, pre load is Sunday, excited to give it a go.

Keep us updated please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Tempting, just looks a blast. Coming in at 39 sterling plus postage on base.com

https://www.base.com/buy/product/biomutant-ps4/dgc-biomps4.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

its on a new clueless gamer with conan it actually looks quite fluid and fun, its the repetitiveness which cant be shaken from everything I have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

As I said to the lads earlier, this has 'coming to gamepass' written all over it. going to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

As I said to the lads earlier, this has 'coming to gamepass' written all over it. going to wait and see.

Aye, looks like that to me too, I'd play it on GP but doesn't look worth a buy, maybe for €20 tops

I agree, I fully expect it to hit Games Pass in the coming months and I have so much to play at the moment, I am happy to wait.

• Advertisement

Review embargo lifts later today (Monday), cautiously optimistic, last video I saw looked like the b@stard child of Ratchet n Clank and Ghost of Tsunima

Im a sucker for any action rpg game and this seems perfect for me, butter smooth combat animations really stand out in gameplay footage,huge world to explore, seems to have interesting loot and a seriously vast crafting system.
    It all seems like a win win but after Outriders im super cautious but still might preorder today before release :D:P

Race and class selection will be important so these vids might help anyone trying to decide on a class to roll with.

Reports from players will early access of it being incredibly repetitive with copy paste gameplay and no challenge combat, some saying its a kids game.

I like to form my own decisions on games and tend to ignore reviews but ive had some big concerns with this one all along.
    Ill give it a week or two to learn more.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Happy to hear no MP planned so I'll probably give this a whirl. Feel like it's been about for ages and now all of a sudden it's getting released. Very little hype around it, but that's not a bad thing. Will wait for reviews but it sounds interesting at least. I constantly kept mixing this up with Mutant Year Zero...

Me too, so much so that I hadn’t realised this was what I thought mutant year zero was :/

Early reviews averaging around 6/10. Main criticisms around mission design & gameplay getting repetitive v early. I'm leaning towards waiting for a sale on this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Do any games live up to the hype anymore :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do any games live up to the hype anymore :(

Ace Combat 7

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sounds like we'll be better off waiting for the GOTY version (if it comes) with all the improvements. Like The Witcher 3. IIRC, some update of that game came out just before Blood and Wine and completely overhauled it and made it even feel different. So I'm hoping this will be the same. Because it does look good!

Just wait... It will be coming to game pass. They will get whatever revenue they can from a month or two of sales and then Microsoft will pay them a chunk to add it to game pass.

It has game pass written all over it. I will 100% give it a go on game pass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement