Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Free Hit Thread

• 10-05-2021 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised there hasn't been one of these previously, a thread for people on a FH that particular week to discuss their options

Big question for me this week is whether Aguero starts or not

He doesn't

Martinez

Digne-TAA-Coleman

Mane-Salah-Mahrez-Foden-Raphina

Richarlison-Bamford-Wood

Decision to be made on who to bench, Mitchell + fodder otherwise

He does start

Martinez

Digne-TAA-Coleman

Salah-Mahrez-Foden-Son

Bamford-Richarlison-Aguero

Mitchell as sub

Richarlison could also be DCL just think he has more upside so for someone like me who needs a miracle to get top 100k and it doesnt really matter what else happens its worth it

I'd be interested in hearing others teams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

No one else on FH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭skippy15

Not on FH but wouldn't risk mane, think jota be a better shout can see all 4 att playing that one,

I'd try squeeze Kane in as a striker, could be a rank killer, and even drop a striker and try cancelo or someone like that as a 4th def, rotation risk but much higher ceiling if chasing, and I'd have in DCL over Richarlson but prob a toss up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Green&Red wrote: »
    No one else on FH?

I did it for this GW as with 1 transfer I can field 11 for the blank GW. Loaded up on 3x United but now Maguire is injured so that one wont work out well but Bruno and Greenwood did.

The main fixture that stands out for FH is Newcastle Man City and maybe Brom v Liverpool

skippy15 wrote: »
    Not on FH but wouldn't risk mane, think jota be a better shout can see all 4 att playing that one,

I'd try squeeze Kane in as a striker, could be a rank killer, and even drop a striker and try cancelo or someone like that as a 4th def, rotation risk but much higher ceiling if chasing, and I'd have in DCL over Richarlson but prob a toss up

Why not risk Mane, he was their best player Saturday nite

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think you wait to see Liverpool's line up and result on Thursday night before deciding what to do. Mahrez, KDB, Foden 2 out of them. Salah and one of mane/Jota. DCL and Digne. You also have to go with a Spurs player. Will be hard to fit them all in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think you wait to see Liverpool's line up and result on Thursday night before deciding what to do. Mahrez, KDB, Foden 2 out of them. Salah and one of mane/Jota. DCL and Digne. You also have to go with a Spurs player. Will be hard to fit them all in.

Results of games over next few days also important. A Leicester win tonight for instance means city win the league, if somehow United got to within 4 points of city before they play on Friday, Pep might be more likely to put out the big guns to get the league over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭skippy15

Why not risk Mane, he was their best player Saturday nite

Seems very of form and confidence, have seen every pool match and jota prob gets of twice as many shots away, he even admitted today has been his worse season ever could be still a risky punt as few players will have him if price the same prob just favour jota but funds may allow an upgrade to say Kane elsewhere

Lots of playing around with my team. Current thinking below

Lloris

Robbo-TAA-Digne

Mahrez-Foden-Bale-Salah

Bamford-Ings-Richarlison

Raphina & Mitchell on the bench

Bentekes form has moved me off Martinez

Bale V Son and Richi V DCL are too coin flips, gone with the more explosive players

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You seem to have chosen to exclude in form players, Son, Wood, Willock, Pereira and instead seem to be gambling a lot with that team:

West Brom and Pereira in particular like to score goals so double pool defense probably asking for trouble.
    No guarantee Mahrez and Foden will play
    Ricky hasn't scored in the last 8 games

Brighton will be missing Dunk and Maupay - so Antonia/Coufal could be worth a decent shout

Andy from Lets Talk FPL did a Free Hit video yesterday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pzSgHKHeA

Never knew he lives in Galway but he mentioned it on a video a few weeks ago

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You seem to have chosen to exclude in form players, Son, Wood, Willock, Pereira and instead seem to be gambling a lot with that team:

West Brom and Pereira in particular like to score goals so double pool defense probably asking for trouble.
    No guarantee Mahrez and Foden will play
    Ricky hasn't scored in the last 8 games

Brighton will be missing Dunk and Maupay - so Antonia/Coufal could be worth a decent shout

Well I'm definitely gambling, just inside 300k, whats the difference between that and 700k? Getting inside 100k is the goal, long shot so requires long shot picks to a certain extent

Its Son V Bale, the wire pod mentioned Bale has 9 goals at home, all against bottom half teams, signed an extension to the loan deal, thats kinda swaying me

Wood I'd definitely ignored, I'll have a look at him tomorrow, it would be instead of Bamford

Willock v city is a non-runner IMO especially without Wilson. The blue moon forum seem very confident that both Mahrez and Foden will start along with Bilva and KDB. I could captain Mahrez yet.

Who knows what West Brom will do now that theyre down, Pereira could go daft in the hope he'd get a new club or they could have been on the sauce all week. But after tonite TAA is captaincy material and Liverpool have a goal deficit to make up. I'm not 100% on Robbo, maybe a city defender could come in there, Cancelo if I thought he would play

Couldn't call the Brighton WH game, its kinda why I'm staying away

Richarlison I can't really explain or even defend, just a hunch

Willock v city is a non-runner IMO especially without Wilson. The blue moon forum seem very confident that both Mahrez and Foden will start along with Bilva and KDB. I could captain Mahrez yet.

I love it when a plan comes together

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Going to throw this up for Gw 37
    Just feeling this is the week to play mine..

Meslier / 4.0

TAA, Dallas, Robbo, 4.5, 4.5

Salah, Lingard, Pereira, St Max, Bruno?,

Kane, Bamford, 4.5

Beam me up Scotty.

Going to throw this up for Gw 37
    Just feeling this is the week to play mine..

Meslier / 4.0

Salah, Lingard, Pereira, St Max, Bruno?,

Kane, Bamford, 4.5

I wouldn’t have Lingard, I’d be looking at Raphina or Harrison instead

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

I wouldn’t have Lingard, I’d be looking at Raphina or Harrison instead

I got three Leeds lads already, Gundogan?

Meslier / 4.0

Salah, Gundogan, Pereira, St Max, Bruno?,

Kane, Bamford, 4.5

Beam me up Scotty.

I got three Leeds lads already, Gundogan?

Meslier / 4.0

Salah, Gundogan, Pereira, St Max, Bruno?,

Kane, Bamford, 4.5

Ditch meisler for one of them. Dubravka, Pickford, Fabianski would be my picks in that order. Mitchell is a starting defender for 3.9, gives you 0.6 extra

And be aware that the return of Rodrigo has meant that Bamford has been subbed off in all of the last 3 games with two of those being before 60 minutes. Its a toss up between him and Antonio but Antonio might get more minutes and is less likely to get subbed unless the game is wrapped up

Also Wilock might be a better Newcastle punt than Saint Maxim, Wilock has 4 goals in his last 4 games so is in great form. Saint Maxim has looked lively but actually blanked in all of his last 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And be aware that the return of Rodrigo has meant that Bamford has been subbed off in all of the last 3 games with two of those being before 60 minutes. Its a toss up between him and Antonio but Antonio might get more minutes and is less likely to get subbed unless the game is wrapped up

Also Wilock might be a better Newcastle punt than Saint Maxim, Wilock has 4 goals in his last 4 games so is in great form. Saint Maxim has looked lively but actually blanked in all of his last 4 games.

I have Antonio but the issue with him is how long will he last before he inevitably breaks again. With just two games left I'm hoping he can get through these unscathed at least.

I have Antonio but the issue with him is how long will he last before he inevitably breaks again. With just two games left I'm hoping he can get through these unscathed at least.

yeah have Antonio myself and an injury is always a concern with him but just hoping he can last the final two games v Brom and Southampton as they are good fixtures. And to play a bit better than he did v Brighton, he didnt have much of a sniff in that game.

Advertisement