Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 Captain

• 17-05-2021 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

Hard to take it off Salah

GW37 Captain 103 votes

Bruno (FUL)
    66% 69 votes
    Greenwood(FUL)
    4% 5 votes
    Salah (bur)
    1% 2 votes
    Ings (LEE)
    12% 13 votes
    Nacho (che)
    0% 0 votes
    KDB(bri)
    0% 0 votes
    DCL (WOL)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane (AVL)
    0% 0 votes
    Son (AVL)
    13% 14 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kane could/should have had a monster score at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hard to take it off Salah

It is after that 20 point haul he served up yesterday but I think Im going to and put it on Kane. The Villa defense has been ropey for weeks now, only one clean sheet in the last 10 games and just conceded three away to Palace. So think Kane in a home game with fans there will get a return.

I wont be surprised if Salah scores too as he chases the Golden Boot but Liverpool have struggled to break down packed defences with no space in behind and its a tough fixture away to Burnley with fans back in the stadium. I think it could be low scoring whereas Spurs Villa seems to have more potential for goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It is after that 20 point haul he served up yesterday but I think Im going to and put it on Kane. The Villa defense has been ropey for weeks now, only one clean sheet in the last 10 games and just conceded three away to Palace. So think Kane in a home game with fans there will get a return.

I wont be surprised if Salah scores too as he chases the Golden Boot but Liverpool have struggled to break down packed defences with no space in behind and its a tough fixture away to Burnley with fans back in the stadium. I think it could be low scoring whereas Spurs Villa seems to have more potential for goals.

I am in broad agreement with this. Will read some articles on underlying data but it all points to kane for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Salah had his best performance in a while at the weekend. He even managed to pick up the the 3 bonus points which isn't normally like him. He had been a ghost for a lot of the recent games despite picking up a few points, but may be seeing a proper turn in form at last.

My plan was always to captain Kane though. He's hit the woodwork 4 times (or maybe 5) in the last 2 games as well as had a couple of goals disallowed. While being a great assister he's going to focus more on the golden boot now (he has history of same). I expect he'll have more shooting opportunities against Villa than Salah away to Burnley.

For comparison though, I am surprised at the amount of shots Pool have been getting away -

Spurs last 3 games
    v Wolves (H) - 24 shots
    v Leeds (A) - 11 shots
    v Sheff Utd (H) - 20 shots

Liverpool
    v WBA (A) - 26 (surprised actually it was that high)
    v ManU (A) - 17
    v Sou (H) - 14

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

burnley keeper is a reserve while villa have martinez .Its a no brainer -salah for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was going to go with Kane as a differential again but the recent news of him handing in a transfer request throws that up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Level 42 wrote: »
    burnley keeper is a reserve while villa have martinez .Its a no brainer -salah for me

I think Pope could be back for Wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Level 42 wrote: »

Villa conceded 3 against Palace. They're awful at the back at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

PARlance wrote: »
    Was going to go with Kane as a differential again but the recent news of him handing in a transfer request throws that up in the air.

Maybe he'll be looking to sign off in style?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    Villa conceded 3 against Palace. They're awful at the back at the moment

I actually don’t think this is true. Even with Cash and Mings out yesterday I thought it was a bit outlier, and Mings is due back on Wednesday so it will be more like the back 5 that has been relatively stingy.

I’d say going forward has been more our problem post-Grealish. We’re still pretty close to the good teams in terms of goals conceded and xGc. Yes, some of the teams we were previously ahead of are now closer to us, but I think it’s more of a regression from good to ok, rather than good to poor defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Went with a less popular pick with DCL last week and it flopped so going with what looks to be the more popular choice I have this week. I voted Fernandes in the poll but switching to Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

macraignil wrote: »
    Went with a less popular pick with DCL last week and it flopped so going with what looks to be the more popular choice I have this week. I voted Fernandes in the poll but switching to Kane.

I think the closeness between Kane, Salah and Bruno in the poll is quite accurate. Inevitably the conversation over which one was the right choice is going to end up being hugely hindsight driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭but1er

Dont bottle willlock - i have nothing to lose but everything to gain (100quid) but i have bruno and salah...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Keep flip flopping between Kane & Salah.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Keep flip flopping between Kane & Salah.

Same here, its just hard to know how that Burnley Liverpool game will go. Liverpool have had difficulties breaking down lower table teams who sit deep as we just saw v Brom but on the flipside Leeds just put 4 past Burnley at home who looked to be on the beach. But then the Burnley fans are back so will be demanding a reaction. Its tricky to predict how that game will go, if Liverpool get an early goal it could be flood gates open, if they dont it could be a nervy performance the longer they cannot score. Would also be good to know if Nick Pope is still injured

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

This could be the toughest decision of the season for me. It feels like a massive one too with the tightness of some of my mini leagues.

I'll likely go with Salah as Kane has the transfer request drama going on and Spurs essentially have nothing to play for at this point. Liverpool's game is must-win.

I'm going to risk not bringing in Bruno for a -4 and bring in Greenwood instead I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have changed my mind and gave it to Bruno, Fulham seem to be in just waiting for the season to finish and talk of the board being unhappy with Parker over some comments he's made in the media.
    Feel Burnley could put in a big performance at home in front of their fans and dont have Kane.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Same here, its just hard to know how that Burnley Liverpool game will go. Liverpool have had difficulties breaking down lower table teams who sit deep as we just saw v Brom but on the flipside Leeds just put 4 past Burnley at home who looked to be on the beach. But then the Burnley fans are back so will be demanding a reaction. Its tricky to predict how that game will go, if Liverpool get an early goal it could be flood gates open, if they dont it could be a nervy performance the longer they cannot score. Would also be good to know if Nick Pope is still injured

Even though he has the whole transfer thing looming over his head, I am going to go with Kane. Villa are conceding a few goals lately, and Kane will have a point to prove too with the news now. It's also potentially his last game playing in front of Spurs fans. Kane has more potential for multiple goals too IMO. Kane nearly always gets bps when he scores.

Salah seems to be scoring important goals lately, instead of scoring multiple goals. First goal, or equalizer etc. Also I think Burnley will be less porous than Villa are and are more inclined to sit back and defend the clean sheet. Dyche will ensure there is no repeat performance resulting in conceding 4 goals at home too. Burnley tend to shore up after a big defeat. Conceded 5 v City, but only 1 in the 3 games after. Conceded 4 v Spurs, but then 3 in 3 games. Conceded 3 v United, but then 1 in 3 games. I can't see them conceding big 2 games in a row. Salah also doesn't get bps as easily as Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Uncertain who to choose from Kane, Salah and Bruno.

One certainty is whoever I pick will be the wrong one.

I'll likely go with Salah as Kane has the transfer request drama going on and Spurs essentially have nothing to play for at this point. Liverpool's game is must-win.

Spurs still need to win to ensure they get the Europa league, at the very least they will need some sort of European football to convince players to join over say West Ham/Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating bringing greenwood in and making him captain to win a money league

Spurs can still get top 4 is results go their way. Very unlikely but it's possible.

Spurs can still get top 4 is results go their way. Very unlikely but it's possible.

They need to win both their games, and need Chelsea to pick up max 1 point and Liverpool to pick up max 2 points. That's high unlikely.

Even though he has the whole transfer thing looming over his head, I am going to go with Kane. Villa are conceding a few goals lately, and Kane will have a point to prove too with the news now. It's also potentially his last game playing in front of Spurs fans. Kane has more potential for multiple goals too IMO. Kane nearly always gets bps when he scores.

Salah seems to be scoring important goals lately, instead of scoring multiple goals. First goal, or equalizer etc. Also I think Burnley will be less porous than Villa are and are more inclined to sit back and defend the clean sheet. Dyche will ensure there is no repeat performance resulting in conceding 4 goals at home too. Burnley tend to shore up after a big defeat. Conceded 5 v City, but only 1 in the 3 games after. Conceded 4 v Spurs, but then 3 in 3 games. Conceded 3 v United, but then 1 in 3 games. I can't see them conceding big 2 games in a row. Salah also doesn't get bps as easily as Kane.

Yeah I think thats a good assessment. Kanes home fixture in his likely final game in front of fans against a porous Villa defence seems to trump Salah away to Burnley with 10 men behind the ball in what could be a very nervy game.

I also wont be surprised if some of the Spurs players might be going out of their way to set Kane up, he puts a huge value in that golden boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Yeah. Less than 1% chance. It's so unlikely I don't think the players will even be thinking about it. It's Europa league, conference or nothing realistically.

Was just thinking it will be some laugh if we are all sitting here mulling over Salah-Kane-Bruno and Grealish starts and out hauls them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

Am I mad captaining Shaw as a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Kane or Bruno both home games in front of fans,

Villa missing Mings but Fulham are Fulham , i need a big week ,

Who shall I go for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Who shall I go for

I wanted to go Bruno or Greenwood but ended up going Salah because feel like most will pick him. I dunno I feel atm maybe just having the others will be enough. I can't take the risk but that's just me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Who shall I go for

I don't think Mings has been ruled out, or has he?

Advertisement