Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man pleads guilty to €4 of cannabis

• 17-05-2021 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

What's this country coming to.

Taking someone to court for €4 of cannabis but ignore the rest of the **** being committed out there by serial criminals & scrotes?

The probation report & two random urine-analysis tests are going to cost hundreds. Plus Garda & court time.

What a waste!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40290185.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Catglee

Absolute joke.
    Shame on the judge for not laughing it out of court

wandererz wrote: »
    What's this country coming to.

Taking someone to court for €4 of cannabis but ignore the rest of the **** being committed out there by serial criminals & scrotes?

The probation report & two random urine-analysis tests are going to cost hundreds. Plus Garda & court time.

What a waste!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40290185.html

What did they ignore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Similar thing happened to the grandad who started Keoghs crisps. He was growing a bit in a greenhouse that someone saw from the road and they ratted him out. He was taking it for pain as well.

I guess everyone should just go on the knock-out drugs from the pharmacy instead of ingesting what is basically an unadulterated miracle herb, easily cultivated here in Ireland. Valuable use of garda time sentencing this dangerous criminal mastermind.

What an incredibly stupid thing to still be wasting law enforcement resources on in 2021. But I suppose it's easy to book this guy and not so easy to track down the gangs who take passports from Chinese people and enslave them in growhouses.

The revenue the exchequer could be making if only the pricks in the Dáil could pull their fingers out and tap this market which they, bafflingly, have not yet regulated. Just look at the massive success stories that decriminalisation has seen all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

What did they ignore?

Lots of stuff.
    As one example,
    Just go into the D15 forum and read about the drug dealing Canada Goose wearing scrote/s who is/are impermeable.

What did they ignore?

Common sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

What did they ignore?
    the dunne wrote: »
    Common sense

That too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I once went to a wise man and asked how I would avoid going to court for cannabis possession and he gave me this amazing advice - don't carry around cannabis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

biko wrote: »
    I once went to a wise man and asked how I would avoid going to court for cannabis possession and he gave me this amazing advice - don't carry around cannabis.

If you need it close by, get a dog, and put cannabis up it's bum.

When the sniffer dog comes,the Gardai think he's just being romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Absolute heros whoever got this case to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

There has to be more to this story as reported by the Examiner.

The Gardaí don't just search your apartment with a warrant on a whim. He has 5 previous convictions for possession. This isn't a case of some random lad found with a spliff in his pocket. There has to be more to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,990 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

If you need it close by, get a dog, and put cannabis up it's bum.

When the sniffer dog comes,the Gardai think he's just being romantic.
    You're going to smoke that afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Low hanging fruit, why deal with a scrote with 50 convictions who'll give you a hard time when you can do someone who won't give you grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

biko wrote: »

Wasn't carrying it around though - was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Hobby farmer

Low hanging fruit, why deal with a scrote with 50 convictions who'll give you a hard time when you can do someone who won't give you grief.

How would the scrote have amassed those 50 convictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Peregrinus wrote: »
    You're going to smoke that afterwards?

It would want to be a quiet dog that would let u poke a lump of hash up its hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

How would the scrote have amassed those 50 convictions?

What?

I'm saying the guards would rather do someone that won't give them grief than deal with a scrote that has spent their life being a pest.

What?

I'm saying the guards would rather do someone that won't give them grief than deal with a scrote that has spent their life being a pest.

But if your scrote has 50 convictions then the guards are dealing with him very regularly, what’s your point? How do you know this person isn’t a scrote?

wandererz wrote: »
    Lots of stuff.
    As one example,
    Just go into the D15 forum and read about the drug dealing Canada Goose wearing scrote/s who is/are impermeable.

These same Gardai at the same time? And isn't the dealer where those chap got his stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

What did they ignore?

They regularly and habitually ignore illegal cars parked on footpaths up and down the country.

BluePlanet wrote: »
    They regularly and habitually ignore illegal cars parked on footpaths up and down the country.

Do they? These particular Gardai? At this particular time? Must be difficult being the only Gardai in the whole country.

Or maybe, just maybe these Gardai were drugs unit and executed a drug warrant and have nothing to do with any other calls in the rest of the country at that time? A drug warrant that was not issued by a Judge because they suspected a small amount for personal use.

and while we are stretching it, maybe there are in fact thousands of tickets issued for parking? and theres an entire unit to deal with traffic? Now, supposing there was a TRAFFIC unit, do you think they spend their days dealing with drugs like a DRUG UNIT or dealing with traffic like a TRAFFIC unit?

why, lets have a STREET CRIME UNIT in plainclothes. They could concentrate on pickpockets and muggers. They would not identify themselves to deal with a parked car either the lazy ****es.

and lets not start on those detectives, going around investigating crimes, perpering files and going to court. Useless the lot of em*

*Only half joking about DDU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Meanwhile Nolan has allowed yet another nonce to walk free.

Some guy doing no harm to anyone with a pittance of cannabis gets an actual sentence. Absolutely disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Similar thing happened to the grandad who started Keoghs crisps. He was growing a bit in a greenhouse that someone saw from the road and they ratted him out. He was taking it for pain as well.

I guess everyone should just go on the knock-out drugs from the pharmacy instead of ingesting what is basically an unadulterated miracle herb, easily cultivated here in Ireland. Valuable use of garda time sentencing this dangerous criminal mastermind.

What an incredibly stupid thing to still be wasting law enforcement resources on in 2021. But I suppose it's easy to book this guy and not so easy to track down the gangs who take passports from Chinese people and enslave them in growhouses.

The revenue the exchequer could be making if only the pricks in the Dáil could pull their fingers out and tap this market which they, bafflingly, have not yet regulated. Just look at the massive success stories that decriminalisation has seen all over the world.

interesting that you post this when the matter was before the court again today, there was no mention of him taking it for pain in court (as far as I'm aware).

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Meanwhile Nolan has allowed yet another nonce to walk free.

Some guy doing no harm to anyone with a pittance of cannabis gets an actual sentence. Absolutely disgraceful.

Did you read the article at all? He hasnt been sentenced to anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Did you read the article at all? He hasnt been sentenced to anything yet

But he will be sentenced, it's extremely unlikely it'll be thrown out.

BluePlanet wrote: »

How do you know they habitually ignore “illegal cars”? How do you know they don’t issue non intercept fcpn’s? Unfortunately issuing a ticket doesn’t make the car vanish

Sonics2k wrote: »
    But he will be sentenced, it's extremely unlikely it'll be thrown out.

Well yeah, he pleaded guilty and if its anything other than walking free from court I would be amazed.

What did the nonse actually get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Well yeah, he pleaded guilty and if its anything other than walking free from court I would be amazed.

What did the nonse actually get?

Probably a lovely council house beside a school

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Probably a lovely council house beside a school

Possble so but not from the Judge. The comment was that a nonse walks free but this guy gets a sentence. I know the sentence part hasnt happened so I want to know about the nonse case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Common sense

Becoming increasingly endangered I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Common sense

Now hold up, wasnt the entire country up in arms because Gardai werent prosecuting absolutely everything they encountered?

Yes, yes they were.

Wasnt the ability of Gardai to deploy common sense questioned in the Dail? yes, yes it was.

In the name of 'accountability' arent Gardai now subject to prosecution and dismissal if they dont prosecute? Yes, yes they are.

Arent 4 serving and ex-Gardai currently before the courts for exactly that? yes, yes they are.

If you were in their shoes and the choice was between A, B or C, what would you pick? And theres no D alternative. This is it, this is the choice now

A, waste my time prosecuting this hash but still get paid and be subject to no grief

B, Hand it back and say nothing, its not worth the time and hassle but then get investigated by GSOC and anti corruption unit with the possible result of prosecution and dismissal hanging over you and possible happening

C, Throw it in the bin and say no more, its not worth the time and hassle but then get investigated by GSOC and anti corruption unit with the possible result of prosecution and dismissal hanging over you and possible happening

Advertisement