Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Road bike saddle and tyre recommendations

• 16-05-2021 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey all I've bought a used bike online and it could do with a new saddle and tyres. My old bike had gatorskin tyres and I never had an issue with them. Ideally I wouldn't be looking to spend any more than 30-40 for a saddle and preferably new. My usual spins would be 25-40km no more than twice per week. If anyone has any recommendations or even better if they could send some links or photos I would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I’ve a Fizik Antares for €40, lightly used by myself & previous owner.

Ideally collection or meet around Tipp/Waterford border area.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamonn4711

dahat wrote: »
    I’ve a Fizik Antares for €40, lightly used by myself & previous owner.

Ideally collection or meet around Tipp/Waterford border area.

Do you have any photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dahat

eamonn4711 wrote: »
    Do you have any photos?

Can send via what’s app, just easier for me than uploading here.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

https://www.wiggle.com/fabric-scoop-sport-shallow-saddle

Ordered this tonight. Meant to be decent enough.

Tyre wise I would get continental 4 seasons. Gatorskins are lethal in the wet.

Advertisement