Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MyEnergi setup

• 16-05-2021 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have been using the MyEnergi app since installing a Zappi charger. I recently added PV panels but cannot read the PV generation or house consumption (see screenshot), I can only guess their levels based on what I'm exporting.

Should I have added CTs on the PV feed and to another cable to read house consumption?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭denismc

Your setup will work fine as is if you using the Zappi to send your surplus to your car.
    If you want to see PV production data on the app then yes you will to add another CT to the PV side of your consumer unit.
    It may be possible to connect this CT directly to your Zappi if it is close enough, otherwise you will have to buy a "Harvi" which is basically a wireless transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭minnow

denismc wrote: »
    If you want to see PV production data on the app then yes you will to add another CT to the PV side of your consumer unit.

Thanks for the reply. I have a Harvi so can connect the additional CT. I would also like to be able to read my home consumption without subtracting PV from import rate. Can I add an additional CT somewhere?

Once you have both CTs configured correctly the Zappi will show the house load, you don't have to do add anything else.
    Have a look at page 8 in the manual.

https://myenergi.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/zappi-manual-v2.0_english.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Jumping on this thread :) Any idea how far the harvi can transmit to the Zappi?

Would it travel say 30m from PV Inverter to the Zappi?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Nedved85 wrote: »

Very much depends on the nature of the walls it is trying to penetrate (insulation, stone etc)

There is a reasonable chance it will though, its not the same kind of singal as Wifi so it travels further but its hard to tell until you actually try it in your house.

• Advertisement

Was thinking that - cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You don’t need it at your inverter, your consumer unit should have PV feed and house feed and you can CT clamp there, would that be closer to your Zappi?

So solar is not in yet. Just planning it out with the electrician at the moment.

Plan is to put panels on a shed, connect to inverter which connects to a sub panel in the shed. That sub panel powers a freezer in the shed.

Sub panel is connected to the panel in the house,

So I could put the harvi on the Pv feed into the house?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

So solar is not in yet. Just planning it out with the electrician at the moment.

Plan is to put panels on a shed, connect to inverter which connects to a sub panel in the shed. That sub panel powers a freezer in the shed.

Yeah that will work, anything the freezer uses you'll not see but on the grand scheme of things it wont matter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If nothing put in yet why not run two sets of Cat6 along with the cable you are sending to your Zappi, then you will have your Zappi hard wired and communication not an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭minnow

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a detailed history report from the MyEnergi app?

I want to look back over the past's production to analyse whether adding a battery would make sense.

From the MyEnergi app I can get details on this month and last month, but before that the "custom" option only allowed me select single days and not a monthly range. Does anybody know how to get the usage summary for a specific month in the last year, without going through the info day by day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Don't think there is anything other than day, week, this month and last.

I use home assistant with myenergi integrated into that to pull data.

There isn't an annual report available yet.

I just take screenshots for each month's production and compile the data myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

Advertisement