Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Eurovision SURLAW [Reveal: 21st May, 8pm]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I do think it's a very poor year. The songs last year were of much higher quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

It's been a few years since it made an impact, I still remember a number of the 2017 tunes (Ocidentali's Karma was my favourite) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ari101 wrote: »
    Ocidentali's Karma was my favourite

giphy.gif

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I do think it's a very poor year. The songs last year were of much higher quality.

With a lot of them getting a second chance but having to write new songs I suppose that makes sense...?
    Last years chosen entries had to win local selection, so are the best of a given bunch, but this years efforts are just whatever new ditty the same person could magic up, no guarantee it would have been of the same quality to win local selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

It's a grim state of affairs when I'm gonna be forced to award the UK something.

• Advertisement

It's a grim state of affairs when I'm gonna be forced to award the UK something.

Uk are one of my top 2, I can't believe it but I love yer man's voice. His song last year was one of my favourites too.

Haha, I haven't yet ruled it out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Jeysus my picks are going to be awks...thought the UK entry was terrible.

Kolido wrote: »
    Jeysus my picks are going to be awks...thought the UK entry was terrible.

I initially though nope, but then I realised there was a lot of 'nope' and I may have to pick from the 'nope' pile to reach 10 songs :pac:

Well now folks, we have 5 entries submitted and 10 countries still to score a single point! A clear winner at the moment. But we'll see how it goes!

• Advertisement

Have whittled it down to 10 songs, just need to sort them into an order I'm happy with... which might take quite a few more listens...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well now folks, we have 5 entries submitted and 10 countries still to score a single point! A clear winner at the moment. But we'll see how it goes!

I'm surprised it's only 10. There are some terrible songs this year.

I'm sure some people will think some of my choices are terrible though! I love a cheesy Eurovision song.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If anyone wanted to do the best Eurovision song ever, then an Ultimate Tournament might be better than a SURLAW? After this year there will be 65 years of songs to choose from, so maybe all 68 winning songs + 60 songs that players nominate to create a decent knockout tournament.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    If anyone wanted to do the best Eurovision song ever, then an Ultimate Tournament might be better than a SURLAW? After this year there will be 65 years of songs to choose from, so maybe all 68 winning songs + 60 songs that players nominate to create a decent knockout tournament.

I was thinking of that myself actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

65 years :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

If somebody does run it, maybe the Irish songs should be omitted because everybody will be SOOOOOO biased.:D

Rankings Submitted

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I have submitted my entry!

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gonna get some shape on this today, I've put it off long enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I want to enter too. Been listening to lots of songs but not all. Will have to make myself listen to countries I generally don't like (I'm looking at you Albania)

• Advertisement

11 entries in already with 10 days left to go and we now have only 5 countries on nil points. Very exciting at the top of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I shall get an entry in today at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In too.
    There were 2 songs that made a great impression from the beginning and they never moved from the top-2.

Thank you for organising Molly, really looking forward to the reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am hoping to listen to remaining ones today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

chosen my top ones just have to order the ppints especially the douze ..hopefully today or tomorrow.

Suddenly worried I'll want to change my votes when I see the live staging :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Listening to these now. Flo Rida randomly appearing in one of the songs was a highlight

ShaneU wrote: »
    Listening to these now. Flo Rida randomly appearing in one of the songs was a highlight

I'm a Flo Rida fan so was delighted. Not a winner I think though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I'm a Flo Rida fan so was delighted. Not a winner I think though.

It probably won't win but could end up being San Marinos best result, they usually do quite bad at eurovision

• Advertisement

Sawduck wrote: »
    It probably won't win but could end up being San Marinos best result, they usually do quite bad at eurovision

I know, deservedly so. Kinda liked Serhat's offering in 2019 though.:pac::pac:

Advertisement