Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skylark - Portmarnock

• 23-12-2020 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Last few pages from the St. Marnocks Bay Thread have been focused on Skylark development.

https://www.skylark.ie

To view planning application results.
    Go here : https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal
    In the search bar enter : SHD/012/19
    On the results page, scroll down to documents and select it.
    Click the site layout plans on the bottom of page 5 (3rd last one).
    Lots of good details on other files too, plenty of development to be done.

There's a reasonably decent view from where I'm located. The image below gives an outline of progress thus-far from what I can see.

536988.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Tazium wrote: »
    Last few pages from the St. Marnocks Bay Thread have been focused on Skylark development.

https://www.skylark.ie

To view planning application results.
    Go here : https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal
    In the search bar enter : SHD/012/19
    On the results page, scroll down to documents and select it.
    Click the site layout plans on the bottom of page 5 (3rd last one).
    Lots of good details on other files too, plenty of development to be done.

There's a reasonably decent view from where I'm located. The image below gives an outline of progress thus-far from what I can see.

536988.jpg

I personally think keeping everything in the one thread is better. Developers and estate agents use a new name for the phase to help separate any issues, but at the end of the day we’re dealing with the same developer here. It might be helpful for those lookkng at skylark to know if issues are arising with Dun Si. Just my two cents. You could always change the name of original thread to include reference to St Marnocks Bay, Dun Si and Skylark.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

Great details on the plans! I was trying to find the size of gardens for phase 4 of skylark, since they are up now.
    it is really tricky to buy based on just a brochure and a vague timeline, so this helps a bit :)

Is there a timeline with these houses? We are interested in a 3/4 bed but when I have enquired it’s just a generic thanks for applying with no real info about completion dates or costs.

Thanks

CMA_DE wrote: »
    Is there a timeline with these houses? We are interested in a 3/4 bed but when I have enquired it’s just a generic thanks for applying with no real info about completion dates or costs.

Thanks

the new 4B houses coming up are due Dec/Jan. they are being sold this tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Whack1983

CMA_DE wrote: »

Thanks

Below is a virtual tour they have of next release

https://3ddesignbureau.com/app/Portmarnock360VT/?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=5291986&utm_content=8287815&utm_campaign=Skylark+-+Become+A+Qualified+Buyer+24.03.2021+-+20210324_155650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Does anyone know how accurate the garden and house plot dimensions are on the site maps? Like if you think garden A looks bigger on the sitemap than garden B does it turn out that way when the property is built?

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how accurate the garden and house plot dimensions are on the site maps? Like if you think garden A looks bigger on the sitemap than garden B does it turn out that way when the property is built?
    although the site map provided by skylark in the brochure does not have garden dimensions,

the sitemap plans submitted to the planning permissions have the garden sizes in them - you could use them?

brio09 wrote: »
    although the site map provided by skylark in the brochure does not have garden dimensions,

the sitemap plans submitted to the planning permissions have the garden sizes in them - you could use them?

Thanks for that! I couldn't for the life of me find the map that had the sqm of the gardens. Any chance you could link it?

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that! I couldn't for the life of me find the map that had the sqm of the gardens. Any chance you could link it?
    i'm unable to share the direct link but if you go to
    https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal/application-details/85210
    then click on documents
    then
    go to page 5 (link is http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgateIM.WebSearch/Results.aspx?grdResultsP=5 but probably useless)
    then checkout "Site Layout Plan /Block Plan"
    the document name is 00642519.pdf

• Advertisement

brio09 wrote: »
    i'm unable to share the direct link but if you go to
    https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal/application-details/85210
    then click on documents
    then
    go to page 5 (link is http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgateIM.WebSearch/Results.aspx?grdResultsP=5 but probably useless)
    then checkout "Site Layout Plan /Block Plan"
    the document name is 00642519.pdf

That's great. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

There's been a massive amount of progress since construction restarted. From the view I've got, the roofs and windows are installed on all houses on the right hand side of the image in the first post. External blockwork is progressing for those on the bottom right. Predictions of Q4 completion seem attainable.

There's been a massive amount of progress since construction restarted. From the view I've got, the roofs and windows are installed on all houses on the right hand side of the image in the first post. External blockwork is progressing for those on the bottom right. Predictions of Q4 completion seem attainable.

wow that's interesting to hear. would you be able to share a pic? :)

PM me your details and I'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

Hi Tazium. I've bought in phase II, I guess they haven't started that yet?

Those to the top of the blue highlight are underway.

552860.jpg

Here’s an update on Skylark progress from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Out of curiosity, how long on average would it take to complete a house when the foundations have been laid?

This footage is beyond excellent, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 P0rtmarn0ckRes

This is absolutely brilliant, thanks so much. I live in another county so haven't been able to get up to check on progress, so really appreciate this.

• Advertisement

Update as of 12th June, just uploaded and might take a while for YouTube processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

Thanks Tazium, excellent footage! Looks like the new road at the start of the vid isn't going to line up correctly with the existing one, which may need to be dug up!

Second that. It's great to see the progress. Shame my phase doesn't look to have started yet :(

The crew size has increased and there’s a lot of activity out there now.

The crew size has increased and there’s a lot of activity out there now.

Great to see that thanks. Hopefully the crew has increased to speed up development rather than catch up!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Hi all

I am hoping to buy a house in the next phase of Skylark which I have been told will be released in the coming months. Just wondering how this works with new builds? Is the mortgage drawdown and sale completed at the time you put your name down for a house or do you wait until the house is built which I assume would be some months later?

Thanks!

Hi all

I am hoping to buy a house in the next phase of Skylark which I have been told will be released in the coming months. Just wondering how this works with new builds? Is the mortgage drawdown and sale completed at the time you put your name down for a house or do you wait until the house is built which I assume would be some months later?

Thanks!

Hi. The way it happened for us is you put your name down in the hope of securing an appointment. At the appointment you pick the house and pay 10k then later when signing contracts pay the remainder of a 10% deposit. After that nothing is really happening until you move in and it's at the end you drawdown the mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brinac

Hi Everyone!

We are currently based overseas and looking to buy a home in either Skylark or Drumnigh manor. I've read a few posts about people complaning about the noise from the planes.
    This is a long shot...... but I was wonderinf if anyone who's currently living in the area can post a quick video of a plane passing by outside so we can get an idea of what the noise levles are?

Thanks!

Houses are so well insulated you won't hear planes from inside. If you open windows you'll hear some but it's not intrusive. In the garden, you'll be exposed to passing planes and that might bother some people, but really they become auto-tuned out after a short time. The only time I actually notice is when I'm out walking the dog around the estate.

• Advertisement

The flights are only there 70% of the time. The other 30% they come in from the other side due to wind direction.

Can't do a video as I'm not there sorry

Advertisement