Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEAI grant on hybrids after 1st July

• 13-05-2021 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Due to change our 2019 RR Velar the end of this year and contemplating the P400e Velar recently released or perhaps RR Sport P400e.

Could someone in the know explain to me what grants such an SUV at that price point is currently getting and whether these grants are expected to be present for a new car registered in 2022.

I'm weighing up whether the 5k grant ending in June or any vrt discount on hybrids that may be ending in the budget may mean I would be better off buying now .

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

gearoidol wrote: »
    Due to change our 2019 RR Velar the end of this year and contemplating the P400e Velar recently released or perhaps RR Sport P400e.

Could someone in the know explain to me what grants such an SUV at that price point is currently getting and whether these grants are expected to be present for a new car registered in 2022.

I'm weighing up whether the 5k grant ending in June or any vrt discount on hybrids that may be ending in the budget may mean I would be better off buying now .

Grant changes effective 1st July 2021
    The following changes to the EV grant will take effect on 1st July 2021

BEV grant will continue at €5,000
    PHEV grant will reduce to €2,500
    Grants are only available on all BEV and PHEV costing less than €60,000

The vrt relief have already gone from the phev's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

graememk wrote: »
    The vrt relief have already gone from the phev's too.

Many thanks, one last question

the seai site seems fairly comprehensive but it doesn't list the RR Sport Phev currently ,would that suggest the current price of the RR sport isn't getting the €5k grant so should not increase after July or is it just an commission off the seai site i wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

the seai site seems fairly comprehensive but it doesn't list the RR Sport Phev currently ,would that suggest the current price of the RR sport isn't getting the €5k grant so should not increase after July or is it just an commission off the seai site i wonder ?

I would presume that vehicle is over €60k, so therefore no grant applies and it won't be on SEAI's radar?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

It has to have a minimum electric range I think too qualify for the seai grant too I think. I don't know what it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

graememk wrote: »
    It has to have a minimum electric range I think too qualify for the seai grant too I think. I don't know what it is though.

that might very well explain it thank you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Advertisement