Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New extension - no inspection chamber/AJ

• 12-05-2021 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We got an extension built over a year ago. However only now do we realise we have no inspection chamber/AJ in garden. Builder has obviously built over it leaving no access...The soil stack is coming out of flat roof, I presume that could be rodded if there was any issue?

How big a problem is this with regard to:
    - Reselling house
    - Architect signing off on it

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

stan_boy2 wrote: »
    We got an extension built over a year ago. However only now do we realise we have no inspection chamber/AJ in garden. Builder has obviously built over it leaving no access...The soil stack is coming out of flat roof, I presume that could be rodded if there was any issue?

How big a problem is this with regard to:
    - Reselling house
    - Architect signing off on it

Section 1.2.4 of the attached document.
    You will compliance with this document before you sell. Talk to your engineer, architect or surveyor.

https://assets.gov.ie/100231/301f205c-c8dd-40d6-8baf-8d5826a51b8a.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Obvious question did you have an inspection chamber before the extension was built?

Does each house have to have its own inspection chamber?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

is the extension over the sewer as well?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stan_boy2

Obvious question did you have an inspection chamber before the extension was built?

Does each house have to have its own inspection chamber?

There was a small inspection chamber at back of house where extension is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stan_boy2

is the extension over the sewer as well?

Yes it's a sewer pipe which is a shared line, a few houses on our road connect into it. The pipe then connects into the public sewer line somewhere. Engineer was involved in the building around the pipe at back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭chooseusername

stan_boy2 wrote: »
    There was a small inspection chamber at back of house where extension is now.

Might be still there, inside your extension with a screw-down sealed cover?

Advertisement