Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybunion / Tralee Open Singles

• 13-05-2021 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking to play these courses, or indeed any other good links on the West coast in June.
    Do they do open singles days where I could play for cheaper? Any idea of when, and how much they are?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm looking to play these courses, or indeed any other good links on the West coast in June.
    Do they do open singles days where I could play for cheaper? Any idea of when, and how much they are?
    Thanks.
    Have a look on this site: http://www.gogolfing.ie

Usually fairly up to date. Also check Golf Ireland regularly as it's still early days for golf after lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭willabur

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Thanks.

do you have GUI membership? if so ring them up and you will get a good deal for June

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Dooks have open days. Really good course.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Thanks all. Yes I have GUI, will phone

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Got the info now. Not really doing open singles just yet but they have GUI rates:
    Tralee - 120
    BallyB Old - 125
    BallyB cashen - 50
    BallyB Both - 155

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Always found the Kerry courses to be massively overpriced. They are special but so are Carne, Murvagh, Enniscrone, Rosses which you will get out on for less than 50% of the prices above.

Never quite understood the rationale behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Always found the Kerry courses to be massively overpriced. They are special but so are Carne, Murvagh, Enniscrone, Rosses which you will get out on for less than 50% of the prices above.

I’m from Kerry and I agree. I wouldn’t pay those fees to play any of them tbh. But that’s easily said when we get exchange days with those courses. I think price seems to influence the yanks. I know that Dooks increased their green fee a few years ago to over €100 and the American booking increased drastically.

I guess Ballybunion and Tralee are bucket list courses for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Demand is there, at a guess I'd say more tourists go to Kerry than Sligo/Mayo/Donegal, hence the higher prices.

Got Murvagh for 35 last year (open comp). What a joy it was, even with the crap rain and worse golf at the start.

Will have some days to take off this year so hopefully an open comp in ballyb or tralee materialises

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭paulos53

Ballybunion have a 4 person team event on July 18th

260 euro for Old course
    180 for Cashen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is there anywhere that is an easy-to-use hub to find Open 3/4 person scrambles?

BRS and GUI sites both ****e enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭thewobbler

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that is an easy-to-use hub to find Open 3/4 person scrambles?

BRS and GUI sites both ****e enough.

The problem here is that the vast majority clubs haven’t released their open schedules for the season.

So it wouldn’t matter if you could plug directly into the Matrix. You still won’t find what you’re after as it doesn’t exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

paulos53 wrote: »
    Ballybunion have a 4 person team event on July 18th

260 euro for Old course
    180 for Cashen

Where did you see that? Couldn't find anything on website. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭paulos53

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Where did you see that? Couldn't find anything on website. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

https://ballybunion.intelligentgolf.ie/competition.php

Under the Opens section.

When I posted yesterday morning it was open for booking but that option is gone now. Maybe members are given first option to book before visitors?
    The pricing details were also visible yesterday

Advertisement