Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for an SLK 200 in Ireland

Options
  • 11-05-2021 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey all,

Lurker that never posts but it seems an SLK 200 is an impossible car to find in Ireland but something I’d love to drive for the summer. I am 23 so the hardtop helps with insurance on a convertible so the SLK is the best option for me. Got quoted €8,500 on a Z4 vs €1300 on the SLK.

If anyone happens to know someone with a 2006 - 2011 one in black or white preferably I’d love to offer cash for it.

I have been looking at importing one also but would love to find one here that’s maybe not being advertised on Donedeal etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

EpicHybrid wrote: »
    Hey all,

Lurker that never posts but it seems an SLK 200 is an impossible car to find in Ireland but something I’d love to drive for the summer. I am 23 so the hardtop helps with insurance on a convertible so the SLK is the best option for me. Got quoted €8,500 on a Z4 vs €1300 on the SLK.

If anyone happens to know someone with a 2006 - 2011 one in black or white preferably I’d love to offer cash for it.

I have been looking at importing one also but would love to find one here that’s maybe not being advertised on Donedeal etc

I'll be getting either an SLK/SLC or an mx5 next year. From memory of looking the last year or so there's not a lot from from about 08-14 (makes sense when you think about it)
    Why are you specifically looking for one not on DD? Have you tried carzone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EpicHybrid

HBC08 wrote: »
    I'll be getting either an SLK/SLC or an mx5 next year. From memory of looking the last year or so there's not a lot from from about 08-14 (makes sense when you think about it)
    Why are you specifically looking for one not on DD? Have you tried carzone too?

I am looking for one anywhere that is selling one just using all avenues to see if someone has one that is willing to part with it that is not on DoneDeal.

No Insurance would touch a MX5 Soft top or any soft-top for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

Fair enough, makes sense to cast the net as far as possible as it's a niche car.
    I'm looking at the mx5 RF which is also a hardtop convertible but only made from 2017 onwards.
    A few years ago there were lots of options with Peugeot offering a few hardtop convertibles and also the Eos,Megane,Volvo,even the Micra and the Focus had an option (I even seen a Ford Ka!)
    These days for whatever reason there are a lot less options,I don't know why most of those were discontinued.

Advertisement