Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Council Further Information Reports

Options
  • 10-05-2021 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

I'm required to supply an ecological survey on a small tributary stream that flows near my proposed site.

I'm not too sure what involved or the cost.

Also a topographic report is required, of you can cover this or put me in touch with someone who could it would be much appreciated.

Quote from the letter:

"The applicant is required to submit a topographical survey of -snip- Tributary bank and relate this to proposed floor level of house as per ordnance survey Ireland datum levels."

They also want a report by an ecologist or other qualified persons on the impacts of the proposed development during the construction phase on the Natura 2000 site.
    This again is linked to the river.

Can anyone advise me on who to approach for this?

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

google "appropriate assessments" and contact someone close to you who does them

any local engineer or surveyor should be able to carry out the topographical survey

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Another question

Do you need your plans done to get a topographic survey of the site?

I'm building in a field with a stream on one side and the council want the floor level 1 meter above the bank.

They have also restricted me to a roof height of 8 meters, so the 1 meter height could have a large impact on the build.

Can the topographic survey just be done in the field to get the heights?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

---

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭monseiur

Another question

Do you need your plans done to get a topographic survey of the site?

I'm building in a field with a stream on one side and the council want the floor level 1 meter above the bank.

They have also restricted me to a roof height of 8 meters, so the 1 meter height could have a large impact on the build.

Can the topographic survey just be done in the field to get the heights?

If I was building a house near a stream I would insist on my floor level being a least 1 meter above the bank ! Did you check the average high water over the last 4 or 5 winters ?
    Once a house is flood damaged it's never the same again and forget about trying to get insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Have to agree with the planners and monseiur above on this. If I was building a house not only would I want it a meter above the top of the bank I'd want it a meter above the highest the water level ever recorded was. You can easily make it work as Calahonda52 has shown with the heights.

I'll never forget the day during the celtic tiger I was driving along and saw a large field just outside a city under about a meter of water with a large for sale sign and 'Prime Development Opportunity' in big bold letters. Where they granted permission to some developments in the past was crazy.

• Advertisement

The stream has never flooded and is not in a flood zone.
    It's literally a trickle and the bank is a meter above the stream.

The architect reckons the council don't want a house there and are throwing these FI's to put us off.
    Wish they would just say they didn't want a house there if that's true.

Another question.

How close to a water course can you build?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Another question.

How close to a water course can you build?

no restriction on the house, but certainly there's restrictions on the wastewater system.

but if the council are restricting you to 1.0m above the bank... then thats the closest you can build.

Advertisement