Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this a good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭User1998

The first three are Japanese imports. Not sure about the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

User1998 wrote: »
    The first three are Japanese imports. Not sure about the last one

Thanks a lot. Last one I checked on Motorcheck, it does not report it as an import.

All dealer car show same 65K mileage. Thats looks :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The private seller one (last one linked) may have had some body repair on the passenger side. In picture 1 and 5 the sill below the passenger doors looks like it's scraped/damaged especially closer towards the rear wheel arch with what might be a bit of possible surface rust. Paint shade looks a different in parts on that side of the car too but it could be just sunlight shadows in the photo. If compared to picture 2 and picture 3 the driver's side looks alot cleaner but again it's hard to determine from just photos.

Regarding the low millage, it's not unheard of Japanese imports mysteriously loosing mileage on the boat over. See if you can get a look at the Japanese auction sheet for them, this normally lists the mileage at the time they came through the auction. However that can mysteriously disappear also.

dubliniift wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. Last one I checked on Motorcheck, it does not report it as an import.

All dealer car show same 65K mileage. Thats looks :-(

Genuine question why do you care if its an import?

If your concerned just do an independent Japanese history check to see the history in Japan

Your not really going to find an Irish car in this segment tbh

Genuine question why do you care if its an import?

If your concerned just do an independent Japanese history check to see the history in Japan

Your not really going to find an Irish car in this segment tbh

For parts and service support and mileage accuracy. One need to maintain a car according to service schedule and mileage is imp to know. I wont be changing transmission oil every 10K.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    The private seller one (last one linked) may have had some body repair on the passenger side. In picture 1 and 5 the sill below the passenger doors looks like it's scraped/damaged especially closer towards the rear wheel arch with what might be a bit of possible surface rust. Paint shade looks a different in parts on that side of the car too but it could be just sunlight shadows in the photo. If compared to picture 2 and picture 3 the driver's side looks alot cleaner but again it's hard to determine from just photos.

Regarding the low millage, it's not unheard of Japanese imports mysteriously loosing mileage on the boat over. See if you can get a look at the Japanese auction sheet for them, this normally lists the mileage at the time they came through the auction. However that can mysteriously disappear also.

Thanks a lot. How are modeo auto's. Do they give trouble after 100K Kms specially auto box.

Getting one at 6500, 2012, 170K kms done.

Clueless as always bought new cars and here for only couple of years so want a decent car without burning a big hole.

bazz26 wrote: »

How are you. Hope all is well.

Please suggest what is the damage to repair this or is this too big a damage?

Planing to buy 2012 Astra GTC

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2012-opel-astra-gtc-fresh-nct-cheap-tax/28071935

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭richardsheil

How are you. Hope all is well.

Please suggest what is the damage to repair this or is this too big a damage?

Planing to buy 2012 Astra GTC

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2012-opel-astra-gtc-fresh-nct-cheap-tax/28071935

Why buy a damaged car? The yellow looks awful too. If it's only 300 to fix why didn't they fix it? Surely better available?

For parts and service support and mileage accuracy. One need to maintain a car according to service schedule and mileage is imp to know. I wont be changing transmission oil every 10K.

Do Irish cars not get clocked? Irish cars are rarely maintained in according to a service schedule.

Just do a history check

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

A Japanese import can be more difficult to insure and may be difficult to repair.

A UK import only seems to matter when trying to trade in later on. Have owner several

• Advertisement

OP was looking at Japanese hybrid cars so to exclude Japanese imports in their search would have left them with very little choice

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Why buy a damaged car? The yellow looks awful too. If it's only 300 to fix why didn't they fix it? Surely better available?

You won’t fix a door and a sill for €300 as you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

OP was looking at Japanese hybrid cars so to exclude Japanese imports in their search would have left them with very little choice

Appreciate that.
    And agreed.

But having bought 2 jap imports previously the OP needs to check with insurers for quotes prior buying.
    I had to move insurers previously.

I struggled to source EGR sensor for an Impreza import previously.
    Worth researching the particular import

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You won’t fix a door and a sill for €300 as you know :)

new here. So took everything for a face value. Anyways guy never turned up so deal was off :-). I guess for good.

Appreciate that.
    And agreed.

But having bought 2 jap imports previously the OP needs to check with insurers for quotes prior buying.
    I had to move insurers previously.

I struggled to source EGR sensor for an Impreza import previously.
    Worth researching the particular import

What should I do.

4k-5k range for car.

All imported cars I checked insurance was allowed by 123.ie and Liberty. 2-2.5K for insurance.

Automatic.

I met 2 sellers who both said have history records, while both had half stuff missing. Bad Luck !!!! I guess. Learning curve :-)

Advertisement