Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Racing Syndicate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

PRINCE ELZAAM,our first winner for the Yorkthoroughbredracing syndicate (we sold him to Bahrain owners for £60,000) won in Bahrain today following a couple of near misses with Callum Rodriguez on board.

I put this up for the handful of people who like to be kept up to date on the fate of former YTR horses.

SEAS OF ELZAAM has his first run for his new owners in the 3.20 at Newcastle tomorrow,up in class in an ordinary race but it is a class 4.

Only up 3 lbs after last win if he is ready after 97 days off he could go close but i have no information as to his chances.

Seas ran well for a long way probably got his head in front for a time before appearing to fade into 4th beaten about 2 lengths,i am trying to find out if the run was needed and if it was he is sure to win again and may even go down a pound in the ratings.
    The new YTR filly arrived at the yard of Ken Condon today from the pre training yard,not named yet, a few are being considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Seas is out again tomorrow at Chelmsford, looks like he won here previously also. Worth an ew crack at 18/1?

Seas is out again tomorrow at Chelmsford, looks like he won here previously also. Worth an ew crack at 18/1?

Jeez,two ex YTR horses out tomorrow as Wise Eagle runs in the 12.40 at Catterick and despite flashing his tail is not out of it.

SEAS would have a real chance if coming on from last run in a race thats no tougher.

However drawn 12 is not a help and that puts me off.

Iwill try to get the story in the morning and if i hear anything i will let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nice one, PP paying 4 places in the Seas of Elzaam race also! Had a bit on for interest.

Wise Eagle out tomorrow in an AW bumper 2.55 Newcastle,i dont know if he stays that far on the flat (did not appear to stay one and a half miles) but stayed 2 miles well enough over hurdles and i will not be backing him tomorrow but hope he goes well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Wise Eagle out tomorrow in an AW bumper 2.55 Newcastle,i dont know if he stays that far on the flat (did not appear to stay one and a half miles) but stayed 2 miles well enough over hurdles and i will not be backing him tomorrow but hope he goes well for them.

o no....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

The eagle has landed...

WISE runs well and gets up to win a short head i am only sorry i did not throw a score on him.

Delighted for the new syndicate and now that we know he gets the 2 mile trip they can have some fun with him on the flat and over hurdles.

Our problem was that we did not want to keep him in training and we have no interest in racing NH horses and winning a couple of races like todays would not even cover expenses so we cannot have any regrets for letting him go and now that he has shown he stays i may have a few quid on next time.

Seas of Elzaam will be out again soon i am told and he will probably be the second of our two horses to win after we sold him and that will be good for the new owners.

• Advertisement

SEAS OF ELZAAM has Danny Tudhope on board and has a good chance of becoming the 2nd ex YTR horse to win for its new owners in recent days and i will be having a few quid on ew.

Cailin Cliste is the name that will be registered for the filly that is now in training with Ken Condon,lets hope she lives up to her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

SEAS OF ELZAAM has Danny Tudhope on board and has a good chance of becoming the 2nd ex YTR horse to win for its new owners in recent days and i will be having a few quid on ew.
    Any thoughts on SOE for today in the 7 o'clock?

I think he can improve a little though someone involved whose views i respect thinks he may be high enough in the ratings.

If that is the case David will get him dropped a few lbs and he should win more races,i will not back it tonight unless i hear something but will not be shocked if he runs well.

Cailin Cliste is the name that will be registered for the filly that is now in training with Ken Condon,lets hope she lives up to her name.

Cailin Cliste coming along fine and she will be out in 3 weeks,will report on wellbeing closer to the day.

I see two former YTR horses won at Catterick today in the 2.50 and 3.20,Wise Eagle and Seas of Elzaam,it goes to show that the two who run our syndicate,John and Jodi can buy winners,the handful of horses we had have all been winners so lets hope the luck holds when our first venture in Ireland, Cailin Cliste (runs in a couple of weeks,when she will probably will be taking on the OBriens and all the other top trainers in a fillies maiden in Tipp) tries to keep our record going.

I see two former YTR horses won at Catterick today in the 2.50 and 3.20,Wise Eagle and Seas of Elzaam,it goes to show that the two who run our syndicate,John and Jodi can buy winners,the handful of horses we had have all been winners so lets hope the luck holds when our first venture in Ireland, Cailin Cliste (runs in a couple of weeks,when she will probably will be taking on the OBriens and all the other top trainers in a fillies maiden in Tipp) tries to keep our record going.

We may now wait for a race at Naas the following week.

Goes today 1.25 Naas it's a real good contest with a few expensive well bred runners,Lyons horse is said to be a machine.I have a couple of modest bets on ours betting without and I hope she runs with promise.

Goes today 1.25 Naas it's a real good contest with a few expensive well bred runners,Lyons horse is said to be a machine.I have a couple of modest bets on ours betting without and I hope she runs with promise.

Happy enough with todays race,the winner looks like a contender for the Albany stakes in Royal Ascot,ours will improve and i got the place money on my two bets without the fav ew at 18s and without 2 at 11s.

Looking forward to Cailins next run.

Cailin Cliste will come on for the run and will have an optimistic entry for a group 3 in three weeks time plus a couple of other entries around the same time.

• Advertisement

Cailin Cliste has her 2nd run today in the 4.30 Dundalk and we are hoping for a good run,however 3 Obrien horses is probably more than we expected to have to contend with.

One of Obriens cost 580,000 gns and as one would expect is a short priced fav,there has been some money for Cailin Cliste who is now 2nd fav.

I am disappointed that one that appeared to have little chance has been withdrawn leaving just 7 runners and only 2 places for ew punters.

I had thought Cailin was a very good ew bet at around 3 or 4 to 1 when we were getting 3 places and i am hoping she will go out in price.

I would not put anyone off backing her as the form but her odds are a bit skinny.

On the plus side she is in good form and doing her best and if she runs well today she may take her chance in a group 3 at Naas on sunday (Aiden Obriens 2 are also entered in that race).

It is exciting for us to have one who may good enough to run in a group 3 with a horse bought for small enough money.

The pair who run the syndicate have bought well for so far with all our horses winning in the last 3 years and it will be fantastic if Cailin Cliste could win this evening and take her chance in group or listed company so fingers crossed and heres hoping she does well and comes out of the race sound that will be great.

I just now see one of AOBs is withdrawn and we may now go off fav.

If she should win today and the form of her first run is strong enough to hope she can i will be counting the hours until sunday.

Todays run was a little disappointing though the Obrien runners may prove to be smart,Cailin will probably run in a maiden on turf and we believe she can win races.

CAILIN CLISTE seems to have come out of the race well and while it seemed a bit of a disappointing run, in time being beaten 7 and a 1/2 lengths by Yet after being a bit slow out of the stalls may not be too bad.

All being well the filly has a couple of entries in Cork on wednesday in maidens and she will probably take her chance.

CAILIN CLISTE seems to have come out of the race well and while it seemed a bit of a disappointing run, in time being beaten 7 and a 1/2 lengths by Yet after being a bit slow out of the stalls may not be too bad.

All being well the filly has a couple of entries in Cork on wednesday in maidens and she will probably take her chance.

I read today in the Irish Field that the trainer said the 2nd horse in the race goes straight to the Queen Mary at Royal Ascot so we may have been taking on a couple of very useful fillies.

Cailin out again today in a tough race where a few will be fancied strongly.

Aiden Obriens will take beating and the fact that Billy Lee rides the Twomy horse and the fact that it is well backed suggests they think a lot of it,there are a couple of more to fear in the race and it appears Cailin is up against it.

She will do her best and the ground is expected to suit but as this is he 3rd run it is likely she will not be knocked about if she cannot win and handicaps will be on the agenda in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Nice win for Wise Eagle this evening, I know he's not yours anymore but I still follow it.

percy007 wrote: »
    Nice win for Wise Eagle this evening, I know he's not yours anymore but I still follow it.

Yea Wise is turning into a fun horse as is Seas of Elzaam,however they had to be sold.

The pair who run the syndicate can buy winners but their future was always going to be in Ireland and now they are moving home in october.

They have taken the yard of John Oxx and have set up as Odonoghue Racing in the Curragh,they are moving in in october.

John is working out his notice (he is assistant trainer to Roger Varian in Newmarket) and Jodi is working out her notice with the Jockey Club also in Newmarket.

It was always the plan to train in Ireland, they got married in december and will be moving to live in the Curragh..They will have plenty of horses available for syndication i presume and i will be involved in one or two.

It is a brave venture for the pair but its what they have worked towards for a few years now and i hope it works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

thats great I hope it works out for them and I might invest in the future

chopperp wrote: »
    thats great I hope it works out for them and I might invest in the future

jodi@odonoghueracing.com is where you will get all the information.

• Advertisement

Update on Cailin Cliste,jockey reported a breathing problem last time out and a problem with her tongue was discovered and she had a procedure carried out to sort it.

It seems to have worked out ok and she was given time to recover and on the easy list,back in training for a while now and we are hoping she will be ready for a Sligo nursery in early August when we will find out if she retains the promise shown on her first run so fingers crossed.

Advertisement