Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PARTY WORLD GONE DREADFUL NEWS

Options
  • 11-05-2021 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

dreadful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 greysgut

It really is, I have used them for years.

They will be sadly missed from this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

are they keeping an online presence? the website they have is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Sad news for the staff there, was a great place to get stuff for birthdays. I fear it wont be the last place to close in this city..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sad news for the staff there, was a great place to get stuff for birthdays. I fear it wont be the last place to close in this city..

Unfortunately no, I think a blood bath is on the way for some

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Unfortunately no, I think a blood bath is on the way for some

Walked around the city this morning, even allowing for the conditions it was incredibly glum. Boarded up shop after shop.

• Advertisement

Walked around the city this morning, even allowing for the conditions it was incredibly glum. Boarded up shop after shop.

Yea it's a very worrying time for some, unfortunately some won't whether the storm, was talking to a business owner yesterday, both agreed, as soon as this roles by, the full extent of brexit will appear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Yea it's a very worrying time for some, unfortunately some won't whether the storm, was talking to a business owner yesterday, both agreed, as soon as this roles by, the full extent of brexit will appear

Online shopping is the cause of the slow strangled death of bricks and mortar retail. No footfall no profit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The only shops left in Waterford are all the hipster coffee shops. I never would have predicted that Ireland would embrace the whole American coffee culture as much as we have but the evidence is all over the city- queues of people outside multiple coffee shops. Dont see the appeal myself, its just coffee, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

my old mate david from years ago and his lovely wife ran party world never let us down for lots of family functions events parties over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

christenings / graduations you name it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Its such a shame about party world, they confirmed the online presence remains but its another empty shop now for the town.

Online shopping is the cause of the slow strangled death of bricks and mortar retail. No footfall no profit

I think the browse only model might work for bricks and mortor

Advertisement