Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob problem

• 10-05-2021 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi been on boards for years but first post in this area.

I bought some litecoin LTC on trust wallet with the idea of swapping it for other currency.
    I have since found out I need "smartchain BNB" to trade. Is this correct?
    Is there any way to convert some litecoin to allow me trade

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

You need to transfer the coins to and exchange you could use binance
    https://www.binance.com/en

Create a binance account
    Go to LTC wallet
    Copy address
    Go to trust wallet enter address from binance and amount to send
    Exchange LTC for BTC or USDT
    Exchange for alt coins

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

Topdolla wrote: »
    You need to transfer the coins to and exchange you could use binance
    https://www.binance.com/en

Create a binance account
    Go to LTC wallet
    Copy address
    Go to trust wallet enter address from binance and amount to send
    Exchange LTC for BTC or USDT
    Exchange for alt coins

Does binance offer the best exchange rates? There are many options.

harmless wrote: »
    Does binance offer the best exchange rates? There are many options.

I know I was just giving an example as he mentioned smartchain bnb.

Topdolla wrote: »
    I know I was just giving an example as he mentioned smartchain bnb.

I understand, I actually know little on binance and if it offered better rates than kraken I'd consider it. However kraken have been extremely reliable for me.

But to answer your question binance can offer better rates then kraken some days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Cheers Topdolla and Harmless

All I want to do is trade some currency
    I asked about smartchain bnb as I understand I need this currency to cover fees for trading in trust wallet

I am not tied to anywhere just bought on trust wallet as my revolut card worked

when I try to send from trust wallet to binance it tells me the recipient address is invalid

is there a difference in "Binance-peg Litecoin (LTC)" and "Litecoin"

setup a kraken ac and verified
    If I send kraken do I convert to BTC? If I send this back to trust wallet will I be allowed to trade

Thanks and Sorry for all the questions

deckie27 wrote: »

Yes there is, one is a token pegged to the price of a coin and another is the actual coin.

That's all I know on this topic so maybe someone else can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Cheers Topdolla and Harmless

All I want to do is trade some currency
    I asked about smartchain bnb as I understand I need this currency to cover fees for trading in trust wallet

I am not tied to anywhere just bought on trust wallet as my revolut card worked

when I try to send from trust wallet to binance it tells me the recipient address is invalid

setup a kraken ac and verified
    If I send kraken do I convert to BTC? If I send this back to trust wallet will I be allowed to trade

Thanks and Sorry for all the questions

Are you trying to send funds to Binance or the Binance Smart Chain (BSC)? When logged into Binance click on "LTC" and click "receive". The Litecoin address will begin with an "L". Copy the address into your Trust wallet or scan the QR code. You can convert BTC to LTC in Kraken and there will be far more trading pairs with BTC compared to LTC. Fees with BTC will definitely be higher though.
    Not sure what you mean by "If I send this back to trust wallet will I be allowed to trade?"

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Are you trying to send funds to Binance or the Binance Smart Chain (BSC)? When logged into Binance click on "LTC" and click "receive". The Litecoin address will begin with an "L". Copy the address into your Trust wallet or scan the QR code. You can convert BTC to LTC in Kraken and there will be far more trading pairs with BTC compared to LTC. Fees with BTC will definitely be higher though.
    Not sure what you mean by "If I send this back to trust wallet will I be allowed to trade?"

Thank you
    In a nutnshell all I want to be able to do is trade a little from a wallet and use pancakeswap or similar

Last night I was able to transfer LTC to kraken but didn't see an option to convert to BTC so went to ETH. Transferred this back to trust wallet. (At about 25% fee) to find I can't convert that into Smart chain to allow me trade.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've had this issue with TrustWallet and Pancakeswap.
    Trying to figure out what I need to use as fees. I think I had to send over BNB from Binance in the end.

As for using Uniswap on TrustWallet - that bloody exchange screen is a timesink trying to figure out what makes it work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

harmless wrote: »
    Yes there is, one is a token pegged to the price of a coin and another is the actual coin.

That's all I know on this topic so maybe someone else can help.

As I understand it, actual Litecoin (LTC) is created on a blockchain that is not compatible with the Binance blockchain
    so Binance have created the pegged version (BLTC) on the Binance blockchain to facilitate trading in the asset.

BLTC is basically a stable coin of LTC. Like USDT is a stable coin of USD.

Thank you
    In a nutnshell all I want to be able to do is trade a little from a wallet and use pancakeswap or similar

Last night I was able to transfer LTC to kraken but didn't see an option to convert to BTC so went to ETH. Transferred this back to trust wallet. (At about 25% fee) to find I can't convert that into Smart chain to allow me trade.

I've never used the swap feature on Trust wallet so I'm not sure how it all works.
    I use Metamask (or the equivalent on Brave browser). I downloaded the Binance Chain extension and from there I was able to transfer funds to Binance Smart Chain on Metamask and then connect to Pancake Swap.
    You definitely should be able to transfer BTC to LTC on Kraken. Best to avoid ETH as the fees are crazy.

Ok

so have LTC on Binance
    trying to convert to BNB.

get error. Failed to get quote. :confused::confused::confused:

Ok

so have LTC on Binance
    trying to convert to BNB.

get error. Failed to get quote. :confused::confused::confused:

Not sure but I think that's a common problem on Binance. Not sure if you're on the app or the website. Try here: https://www.binance.com/en/convert

Not sure but I think that's a common problem on Binance. Not sure if you're on the app or the website. Try here: https://www.binance.com/en/convert

Thank you
    I've tried both app and website
    I'll try later or tomorrow

Thank you
    I've tried both app and website
    I'll try later or tomorrow

On Binance site.
    Now it will only convert minimum 0.2 LTC. yesterday it was 0.06

Hurdles everywhere I go.

I'll try different exchanges as suggested..
    At this rate my few euro to have a look will be gone before I get to have a look

On Binance site.
    Now it will only convert minimum 0.2 LTC. yesterday it was 0.06

Hurdles everywhere I go.

I'll try different exchanges as suggested..
    At this rate my few euro to have a look will be gone before I get to have a look

Try Binance's live chat when you're logged in. Maybe they can help.

Forget about BSC for now and get used to using regular Binance and Kraken. Then you can figure out how to buy some of the more obscure cryptos on BSC and Pancake Swap etc. Are you trying to swap less than 0.2 LTC?

Are you trying to swap less than 0.2 LTC?

Yip
    Started with. 50 dollars
    Half in now in LTC

It does seem you need to start with about about 200

Yip
    Started with. 50 dollars
    Half in now in LTC

It does seem you need to start with about about 200

Yeah, maybe you're below the minimum allowable amount for converting between cryptos. Best to start with the basics and you'll figure it out as you go along.

Advertisement