Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

11 year old girl killed in Kerry

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Indeed its very sad. What do you say really in a situation like this. Tragic.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

RIP little one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Horrific news. RIP little one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

R.I.P little girl so terribly sad,may god and all the people around them help the family anyway they can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Jesus christ this is absolutely horrific. R.I.P, and condolences to her family and friends. Unimaginable pain. The poor little one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

do not comment on any cause or culpability, thank you; that is for the courts to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wheelo01

RIP young lady, it is always tragic to hear of one so young taken away so early.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

So sad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

folks, as is the norm for these threads, any discussion about cupability or reporting styles etc. can go in different threads, which are better places for those debates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Shocking. And me just after buying my daughter a bike. :(.
    I just have no comprehension of how anyone could get over such a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mamax

RIP and condolences to her family and friends.

My young lad is 13 and we do 30k spins a few times a week and a few days ago he asked when can he go out on his own if I'm not around, I can't allow him to go on his own until he's a bit older, it's a sad world for kids that they can't cycle safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

RIP to that poor little girl, can't begin to imagine what her parents and family are going through.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

so sad:(

TheBoyConor - do *not* post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Absolutely awful, RIP.

One of the positives of the pandemic has been children rediscovering their bikes with quieter roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,279 ✭✭✭positron

As father of a 10 year old who loves to cycle - this hits hard. RIP!! Can not begin to imagine what her family and friends are going thru!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I found myself looking at the road 3km either side of the village. It filled me with a sense of dread. Its a normal country road and the incident occurred during daylight. Thousands of other roads like it in Ireland. An absolutely tragic incident.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod Note: this is a condolences thread ONLY. There are plenty of other threads you can take discussion to. OT posts will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Absolutely dreadful - RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Tragic news. Another family destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Tragic news. Another family destroyed.

Two families. The van driver will have to live with this for life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Very sad news. RIP little girl

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What an awful, awful tragedy.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Very sad, Rip.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

May Aoibheann's innocent little soul rest in peace.

May her family and friends get the strength to get through the coming days, weeks, months and years.

Advertisement