Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases 2.0 - Mod note in first post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Twee. wrote: »
    Bit the bullet on something I've wanted for yeaaaars! I wasn't sure if I wanted black but then I saw the blue and that was decision made!

Stella McCartney Falabella mini bag

1000241710_02?$pdp_zoom$&$webp$

It's amazing. Enjoy. Hope it didn't break the bank

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I ordered this jacked from H&M reduced to €24 from €39.99
    https://www2.hm.com/en_ie/productpage.0914293004.html
    main]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I returned the jacket from H&M , it was too wide and big n me. Pity as it was a nice jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

playboy-x-missguided-pastel-tie-dye-oversized-crew-neck-sweatshirt.webp?$category-page__grid--1x$

This tracksuit is objectively awful and I know it is,didn't stop me buying it though!
    I just wanted something bright and cheerful to wear around the house and this fit the bill.
    I'll never shop with misguided again though.I needed to exchange the top and it was 5er to return and 5er delivery on the next order.Very poor service.
    Nasty Gal and asos etc have free returns through parcel connect so its not as though they have a different service provider.

Next on my list is a pair of Teva sandals.Now to decided between the black or the gaudy colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Ordered some summer dresses from SHEIN. This one is so floaty and lovely

16086294835c0f18742f501dd148ad104b346b9d3c_thumbnail_600x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Have you ordered from Shein before, milli? I'm always curious about them because it's clearly a Chinese knock off site but some of their stuff looks lovely (I get SO MANY targeted ads).

Faith wrote: »
    Have you ordered from Shein before, milli? I'm always curious about them because it's clearly a Chinese knock off site but some of their stuff looks lovely (I get SO MANY targeted ads).
    I have Faith. I ordered 2 sundresses last year - they were good quality, but the necklines were very low-cut and I was meant to sew in an extra button but never got around to it. Both dresses were on quite flat-chested models so it was hard to see how low-cut they were.
    They seem to be European sizes. I’ve ordered small on all the dresses (6 including the 2 from last year) and they fit. I’m normally a S or XS (8 or 10) in European sizes.
    The model’s height seem to be a bit all over the place though. Some of the dresses in the pictures might be at mid-calve on the 5’9” model and are at knee length on me (5’7”). And some are a bit longer.
    Funnily enough the red dress in the picture - the waist comes just under my bust so looks like a empire line on me - and that model is taller than me (I’m just a B cup too), so maybe it could be down to factory quality control?
    Just check out the customer pictures in the reviews and you’ll get a better idea of fit.
    But overall very happy for the price point.

Thanks, that’s really helpful! How long does it normally take for things to arrive?

And I don’t suppose you’ve ever ordered from chicwish, have you? I’m desperate to know what they’re like but the price point is higher so I’m a little reluctant to take the risk of finding out myself.

Thanks, that’s really helpful! How long does it normally take for things to arrive?

And I don’t suppose you’ve ever ordered from chicwish, have you? I’m desperate to know what they’re like but the price point is higher so I’m a little reluctant to take the risk of finding out myself.

Just checked my emails and about 10-12 days (consecutive not working days) for delivery.

Never ordered from chicwish - their stuff is so pretty though. Yes would be interesting to find out. They seem to have mixed reviews online.
    Have you checked out the videos online of customers hauls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Have been looking for a blue shoulder bag for a while and inspired by Twee’s purchase I bought this one in the BT/Arnotts sale (similar to this one on Smallable)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It's so pretty! Great colour too.

Picked up these shoes from PrettyLittleThing for €27. Wondering about the quality given the price.

cd12d3f081de4ac014e512a4254b109003b88c02_cmo0554_1.jpg?imwidth=1024

Got this from Asos with one of the many recent 20% off codes. It fits like a dream! All I need now is that spring weather to return...

21999985-1-midwash?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

https://www.asos.com/urban-bliss/urban-bliss-boilersuit-with-tie-waist-in-mid-wash/prd/21999985?ctaRef=my%20orders

I also got a 3-pack of Asos tees but they're only ok, not as good quality as tees I've gotten from them before, the fit is more boxy than fitted. I'll keep them anyway as they'll get worn in work with shirts thrown over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Got this black jumpsuit from Karen Millen and even though I am short its really nice on.

https://www.karenmillen.com/linen-viscose-halter-jumpsuit/AKK93464.html?color=105

I had to size up as they had no 8's left but a bit of tweaking on the shoulders/chest and it will be perfect. Be great to style up or down and the belt is really nice I can foresee myself using it with other outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Black suede heels (Aldo)
    91458159ad354b8ea03f4bbdcc9fbe33.jpg?imwidth=1800

Striped t-shirt (Silvian Heach)
    silvian-heach-t-shirt-dines-pgp20655ts-kolorowy-regular-fit.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

From Next, I got this dress now it is coming into summer, and we might be able to travel outside our county.

455-872s.jpg

I bought this blazer from Dunnes over the weekend

2507154_navy.jpg

It has a very flattering fit and seems to be "inspired by" the Balmain blazer that has been doing the rounds for the last number of years.

It's also available in Ivory, which I am quite tempted by :D

How long is it, SmallTeapot? I like the look of it but I have short legs so fear it would make me look squat if it's too long.

How long is it, SmallTeapot? I like the look of it but I have short legs so fear it would make me look squat if it's too long.

I'm 5ft 5 and a half (so almost 5ft 6 in real money :P) and it hits me at the mid-hip. It has a concealed button on the inside, so when you close this and the outside button, it hugs the waist nicely and creates a nice feminine silhouette.

It's not too heavy (polyester, rayon, elastane blend) so perfect transitional piece for Irish spring/summer weather. :)

• Advertisement

I'm the same height (minus the half :p) so I might give it a go, thanks!

I also have it. Bought it in the ivory first and the navy last week online. I'm the same height ish!!! It's absolutely gorgeous on. Really good fit, lined and excellent quality. Highly recommend

I bought this t-shirt on Zara, its two different colours, bit different! Although I definitely didn't need more striped tops! :D

0858098390_6_1_1.jpg?ts=1619429065373

https://www.zara.com/ie/en/contrast-striped-t-shirt-p00858098.html?v1=102552340

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

There are never too many striped tops. :D

meeeeh wrote: »
    There are never too many striped tops. :D

My husband thinks I'm addicted to striped tops....I probably am! ;)

Been wearing my Sezane jeans a good bit recently and I love them so bought the black as well

wcmk6kevveizuty4bjhj.jpg

And two tees. I normally live in plain tees for summer but wanted something a little more interesting this year so will give these a go.

nuy8jqiafcvfakmqkxdp.jpg

Of course a stripey one!

gpwkixtfmvfqhvuonozt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Small Teapot, love those suede heels and blazer! Does the ivory one have the same shoulder pleat as the navy? I can't really tell from the image (they look slightly different). The sleek long shape is nice, not sure why the shoulder gathering - is it very pronounced?

Twee, adore those jeans. Glad high-waisteds are in style! ... are they long enough for 5'6" to reach the ankle?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Small Teapot, love those suede heels and blazer! Does the ivory one have the same shoulder pleat as the navy? I can't really tell from the image (they look slightly different). The sleek long shape is nice, not sure why the shoulder gathering - is it very pronounced?

Twee, adore those jeans. Glad high-waisteds are in style! ... are they long enough for 5'6" to reach the ankle?

Thanks Deja Boo :)

I have yet to cave and buy the ivory variation, however another poster (tickingclock) bought both colours... so they may be able to give you a good idea of the fit similarities and differences between the two.

The navy blazer has a structured shoulder, but it’s not too stiff or pronounced (no crazy eighties shoulder pads here!).

I think it needs some structure in the shoulder area as it’s a double breasted style, and leans more towards a figure hugging fit rather than a boxy fit.

.....I’m not sure if my explanation makes sense :o

It’s decent quality for the price imo...nicely structured and fully lined...Also, free click and collect is back in dunnes :cool:

Both of mine are the same. I think both are excellent quality and thick decent blazers. I was in Pennys this morning and they'd so many flimsy blazers. The Dunnes one is true to size and very flattering and I'm a gal with curves!
    Really recommend trying the colour you'd wear most and you can always return it easily. I'll have mine for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Cool Hand Lucy

cee jay, that's my kind of summer dress. My post Covid lockdown involves me I'm planning to wear more dresses this Summer. I need new trainers. Any recommendations from the fashionistas here? Tia

Advertisement