Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ix35, Sportage or Qashqai?

• 09-05-2021 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭

With kids we are wanting to get a SUV, nothing particularly too fancy.

Looking at a 2014 Hyundai ix35, 2014 (or 15?) Kia Sportage and also a Qashqai.

Happy enough to spend 15,000 (probably go up to 18/19 with finance).

Any suggestions?

I'm pretty easy, herself would like something with reverse sensors or something along the lines of that as she's ****e at reversing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sportage is the nicest looking and generally most desirable of the 3.
    Qashqai is smaller than the other 2
    The ix is not an easy car to sell, don’t overpay. It’s replacement the Tucson is a very popular car in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ix35 and Sportage are practically the same under the different styling. Sportage feels more upmarket, has aged better imo and tends to have better standard equipment. A 2014/2015 Qashqai would be a fresher design than the other two but as Colm says, they are a bit smaller which may suit for better reversing but not practicality. Avoid base models of all 3 if you want reversing sensors and/or a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

bazz26 wrote: »
    ix35 and Sportage are practically the same under the different styling. Sportage feels more upmarket, has aged better imo and tends to have better standard equipment. A 2014/2015 Qashqai would be a fresher design than the other two but as Colm says, they are a bit smaller which may suit for better reversing but not practicality. Avoid base models of all 3 if you want reversing sensors and/or a camera.

Id discount the ix35. Old hat at this stage.
    Id personally pick the new model qashqai from 14 / 15 if comparing it with the old model kia from those years. If stretching another year or so you can get into the newer sportage - that would be my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Thank you all for the input, we greatly appreciate it.

I've been looking at a few online, can I ask why do so many dealers have the license plate covered with their logo? Is it to prevent possible customers doing history checks?

Also, with finance is 8.9 the best that can usually be offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've been looking at a few online, can I ask why do so many dealers have the license plate covered with their logo? Is it to prevent possible customers doing history checks?

Some are still on UK plates.
    Some garages may be able to get you a deal on finance, try your bank or credit union too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

Plates are also hidden to prevent them being cloned.
    If you ring any seller should give you the reg when asked but also if you're buying from a dealer they'll usually have a completed history check for the car, when you enquire ask them to send it on to you.

We've had a 141 Qashqai since November and have been very happy with it so far. Test drove a similar age IX35 while we were looking and felt it was miles worse, that might be personal preference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 a chuisle

Friends with kids have a Sportage and are very happy with it. Think it's the nicest looking option of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

A lot of great help from you all, thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Try and get one if the last 2015 run out Sportages and they will have all the kit you could ever need. The dad had one. Was a great car and very reliable. He is on his third Sportage now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement