Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2007 yaris 1.3 tr 2nd generation

• 08-05-2021 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Any of you guys have the second generation 2006 to 2011 yaris 1.3 manual.

If so have any of ye had any problems with the car and are gearbox problems common.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good reliable car, the TR is UK spec so I take it that it's a UK import. The 1.3 will be marginally less desireable for selling as the 1.0 will appeal more to learner drivers.

The only problem would be scrotes robbing the catalytic convertor on them, that may or may not be a problem for you depending on where you will be parking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Davycs

Good reliable car, the TR is UK spec so I take it that it's a UK import. The 1.3 will be marginally less desireable for selling as the 1.0 will appeal more to learner drivers.

The only problem would be scrotes robbing the catalytic convertor on them, that may or may not be a problem for you depending on where you will be parking it.

I hear they give some gearbox problems the 2nd generation 1.3 versions and its common in them for 2nd gear to give trouble on the 2nd generation french models.
    I dont know about the jap version.

Allso I hear it's common for wheel bearings to go on them.
    And they have clutch issues and the A.c can stop working.

The gearbox problems are ment to be common which I find it hard to believe as toyota have a good reputation for reliability.

But people say gearbox gives trouble just wanted to know did anyone have one and what was there experiences they had with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Great car. Well worth getting the 1.3 over the 1.0
    If you could stretch to a 2009, you’d get the newer 1.33 engine which is lovely and smooth and also has a 6 speed gearbox. Makes a lovely car of them.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Great car. Well worth getting the 1.3 over the 1.0
    If you could stretch to a 2009, you’d get the newer 1.33 engine which is lovely and smooth and also has a 6 speed gearbox. Makes a lovely car of them.

I never knew the 2009 yaris on wards had a 6 speed box.

I got a 2007 1.3 tr 2nd gear is a bit stiff first thing in the morning.

And if you are driving it for a while second can be a small bit stiff on and off.

and at times allso a bit notchy.

Some say it's a common problem with the yaris.

Just wanted to know if anyone had one and what was there experience. Some say putting in certain gearbox oil has has helped and made there box smoother.

And has taken away the notchyness.

I have 75w 90 gl4/gl5 oil in mine.

Some say there is a oil called royal purple and it works wonders. But to be honest I do not know.

My car has a new clutch gone into it so it's not a clutch issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭delboythedub

is it easy to get a car that age insured even if you are full no claims bonus for years

As far as I know mine was built in France they were built in Japan and France as far as I know. A guy also said here the 2009 onwards models had a 6 speed box.

Maybe the boxes were updated in 2009 models to make them better all I know is mine stiff in second at times and is worse first thing in the morning.

The 6 speed box is quite slick. It’s the same one fitted to the newer Auris but it’s got a nicer change on the Yaris.

It might even have been 2008 that they came out.

The 6 speed box is quite slick. It’s the same one fitted to the newer Auris but it’s got a nicer change on the Yaris.

It might even have been 2008 that they came out.

Oh ok I see I never know that there probably a better job so

• Advertisement

Have any of you guys owned the 2007 onward civic hatchback fn2 model.

There are also know for giving gearbox trouble is that right any of you guys have any trouble from the 1.3 or
    1 8s models

Davycs wrote: »
    Have any of you guys owned the 2007 onward civic hatchback fn2 model.

There are also know for giving gearbox trouble is that right any of you guys have any trouble from the 1.3 or
    1 8s models

I had a 1.8 for 8 years and it never gave a days trouble.

I think the older shape EP Civic 5 speed had some gearbox issues on the 1.4.
    I’ve never heard of the FK Civics giving gearbox trouble (they’re all 6 speed too)

The 1.4 Civics are quite slow though. Whether you get the i-VTEC or i-DSI they’re both slow.

I had a 1.8 for 8 years and it never gave a days trouble.

I think the older shape EP Civic 5 speed had some gearbox issues on the 1.4.
    I’ve never heard of the FK Civics giving gearbox trouble (they’re all 6 speed too)

The 1.4 Civics are quite slow though. Whether you get the i-VTEC or i-DSI they’re both slow.

I had a 2006 1.8 s two years ago myself second gear was notchy in it might have been my one had a hard life before I got it maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I have 2007 1.8 civic for the past 7 years, i never had any trouble with it. The engine is bulletproof, one of the most reliable 4 cylinders petrol, some have done over 1 million km.
    The only things I don't like are the paint quality, the squeaky clutch pedal and the poor radio reception at times.

elmolesto wrote: »
    I have 2007 1.8 civic for the past 7 years, i never had any trouble with it. The engine is bulletproof, one of the most reliable 4 cylinders petrol, some have done over 1 million km.
    The only things I don't like are the paint quality, the squeaky clutch pedal and the poor radio reception at times.

And the gearbox is 100% no stiffness or it's not notchy thanks for reply.

Advertisement