Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kentucky derby

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The "iron horse"was an incredibly tough performer. Henry not so much.you can get away with breaking slowly in Europe but not over there. I'm Surprised they haven't gone the American based jockey route by now. Moore got murdered by them in the first furlong tonight due to not breaking well. The Weather didn't help. Best to keep him for the 2nd leg where they'll likely be a smaller field, all might not yet be lost.

It's hard to know what they will do with him, not so sure that he'd be anymore able for those same horses in the Preakness in a few weeks time. I'd be inclined to ship him out to one of their US trainers who could bring him along steadily by winning lesser races with smaller fields while he gets older and tougher like Beholder did.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

UrbanFret wrote:
    Boylesports were offering an incredible 11/4 on him or u could have had a hugely generous 16/1 on an O'Brien 1000,2000 and Kentucky Derby treble. Mind boggling.

Aftertime Ansell would absolutely love you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I just learned this result this morning.
    The winner, Justify, has something I like to see in pedigrees.
    This pedigree feature is similar to what I planned in a mating of my mare with a stallion standing in Ireland.
    Unfortunately, she did not get pregnant.
    This feature is 4 x 4 to full-siblings.

Justify has two mares in the 4th generation of his pedigree that are full-sibling sisters.
    They are Yarn (f) (Mr Prospector - Narrate), and Preach (f) (Mr Prospector - Narrate).
    Yarn produced a daughter, Myth, in the pedigree, and Preach produced a son, Pulpit.
    What really is extra special is the sire of Narrate, Honest Pleasure (What A Pleasure - Tularia),
    has a full-sibling brother, For The Moment (What A Pleasure - Tularia) also in the pedigree of Justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone know why PP and Betfair and others aren’t accepting bets on the Kentucky derby?

Realise this is a 3 year old thread but did we ever get an answer to this? There’s a few answers below but nothing concrete. Any ideas why they don’t offer odds? They offer odds on virtual horses so cant imagine they can’t be bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 16,374 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This year's winner (trained by Baffert) just tested positive for a banned substance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

This year's winner (trained by Baffert) just tested positive for a banned substance.

Baffert says he's 'shocked'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Just curious, if I had the 2nd horse backed should I expect an ammended winning payout if Medina Spirit is DQ'd. Can't see anything for this in any rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

FatRat wrote: »
    Just curious, if I had the 2nd horse backed should I expect an ammended winning payout if Medina Spirit is DQ'd. Can't see anything for this in any rules.

Good question . I also backed the second . Doubt I will see the money going into my account tho

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

All payouts are done on official result on the day (same as GB & Ire). The substance wasn't a banned drug, horse just had more of the anti-inflam (21x) than allowed (10x). Saying all that, Baffert is constantly caught for overages (or banned substances) but he's too big for the sport over there to out (see ridiculous recent Arkansas verdict). At best he's playing on the edge but I'd say thay would be a very sympathetic way of looking at things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Zarkandar wrote: »
    All payouts are done on official result on the day (same as GB & Ire). The substance wasn't a banned drug, horse just had more of the anti-inflam (21x) than allowed (10x). Saying all that, Baffert is constantly caught for overages (or banned substances) but he's too big for the sport over there to out (see ridiculous recent Arkansas verdict). At best he's playing on the edge but I'd say thay would be a very sympathetic way of looking at things.
    Sympathetic indeed.. akin to saying a certain moustached german man got a bit carried away with himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

New York Times report this is the 29th such instance in Baffert's career and fifth in over a year. This fella shouldn't just have his licence revoked he should be imprisoned what an absolute scammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Battert blaming the cancel culture for this

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Battert blaming the cancel culture for this

Amazing isn't it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭kksaints

Medina's Spirit is running in the Preakness tonight. Will be interesting to see the reaction if he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭kksaints

kksaints wrote: »
    Medina's Spirit is running in the Preakness tonight. Will be interesting to see the reaction if he wins.

Finished third. Rombauer the winner.

Delighted Baffert didn't win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

kksaints wrote: »
    Finished third. Rombauer the winner.

Bizarre headline in The Guardian. I thought it was going to be a thriller. Anything but.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/may/15/preakness-rombauer-medina-spirit-triple-crown

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

doped horses on greyhound tracks ,nobody cares about american racing

Advertisement