Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ElephantS!! The Second Part [Closing: 15th May, 6.30pm]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Started well and fell at the third hurdle. This one will take a little thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,772 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

cee_jay wrote: »
    I started this today, got stuck, work got really busy, and I shut the excel sheet without saving what I had done. It is very difficult!!

It really is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

I tried starting at the beginning.
    Realised that wasn't going to work.
    Started again, in the middle, working backwards.
    Got a bit stuck.
    Went to the end, worked backwards.
    Nope.
    Middle outwards again.
    Alles uber der gaffen.
    I've worked as a relief milker so am familiar with some cattle breeds but not as familiar as I am now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,637 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I tried starting at the beginning.
    Realised that wasn't going to work.
    Started again, in the middle, working backwards.
    Got a bit stuck.
    Went to the end, worked backwards.
    Nope.
    Middle outwards again.
    Alles uber der gaffen.
    I've worked as a relief milker so am familiar with some cattle breeds but not as familiar as I am now!
    I dropped anchors at the start, middle and end, then there was less to fill in, albeit they were harder to find :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No wrong answers on Sheephant!

I have done 4 links.. and none of them work.. good thing I have a heap of hair!

• Advertisement

ari101 wrote: »
    Gosh you made me check mine again :D yeah not carrying the letters seems fair for a zero, what you put between them otherwise though :pac:
    What goes in between the first and last letters isn't really important though, right...?

mixed-up-letters2_web_1024.jpg

;)

Necro! Wake up! For the book, are you taking the The out or is the The the start?

Can "The Book" be T and/or B?

EDIT: That's a whole load of the

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Trigger wrote:
    Necro! Wake up! For the book, are you taking the The out or is the The the start?

I never count "The" unless someone specifically indicates they want to tbh or it's obvious they want it included

A whole load of revisionism going to be going on now :pac:

I’ve hit plenty of brick walls in the few attempts I’ve made so far. Wondering if I should turn the computer on and open a spreadsheet. Notes on my phone is difficult.

How long have I got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Trigger wrote: »
    A whole load of revisionism going to be going on now :pac:

I'm holding firm - I was fecked anyway, if ye all start adding in extra 'The's I'll just still be fecked ;)

8:16 Trigger tells Necro to wake up
    8:18 Necro replies

Do you actually have a boards alarm clock? :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Necro wrote: »
    I never count "The" unless someone specifically indicates they want to tbh or it's obvious they want it included

Well this changes EVERYTHING. And there I was thinking I at least had the end of it complete.
    I'm learning an awful lot about cattle and English premier league teams right now.

Submitted.. only took 2 hours of hair pulling to spot something in the corner of my eye that allowed me to link what I had together :pac:

I’m in!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Our list is slowly growing as Necro drives entrants crazy with 10 simple questions...

15 players:

aaronjennings
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    ari101
    davetherave
    Declan A Walsh
    HeidiHeidi
    Hillbilly4
    Neowise
    Omackeral
    Purgative
    Reberetta
    Strawberry Milkshake
    the purple tin
    Trigger
    wrestlemaniac

"Simple questions"

70f6224ee654bb54bfb15a14c26a85c8.gif

Necro wrote: »
    10 simple questions...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFQO_RMyRIF0X5v-yyLVivr6UZyd-fN3Aa6Q&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

I've just worked out my score
    :(

In. Necro reading my PM right now:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Advertisement

I’ve hit plenty of brick walls in the few attempts I’ve made so far. Wondering if I should turn the computer on and open a spreadsheet. Notes on my phone is difficult.

How long have I got?
    I had two spreadsheets on the go :o

And they still weren't enough, I had to resort to scribbles on an envelope (literally!) lying nearby.....

cee_jay wrote: »
    In. Necro reading my PM right now:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Just watched that episode last night :D

You and LeVar made me take the plunge into it really. Its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

With the amount of giving out and supposed struggling going on, I'm starting to think not a lot of people were on the same wavelength as me with my "obviously everyone is going to do it this way, you'd be mad not to" line of thinking...

It's grand though, I'll be content with a moral victory in the end... :pac: :pac: :pac:

Cue the lowest ever winning score on sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

With the amount of giving out and supposed struggling going on, I'm starting to think not a lot of people were on the same wavelength as me with my "obviously everyone is going to do it this way, you'd be mad not to" line of thinking...

It's grand though, I'll be content with a moral victory in the end... :pac: :pac: :pac:

It looks like we will have the same answers! :D

It looks like we will have the same answers! :D
    Given the complete bottleneck in the middle (I wonder will there be any variety in answers there at all???), I'm absolutely fascinated to see how people got to it, and then got back out of it :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm absolutely fascinated to see how people got to it, and then got back out of it :D
    Wiv bad spelun ;)

Trigger wrote: »
    Just watched that episode last night :D

You and LeVar made me take the plunge into it really. Its brilliant

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Given the complete bottleneck in the middle (I wonder will there be any variety in answers there at all???), I'm absolutely fascinated to see how people got to it, and then got back out of it :D
    Well there are two answers in a row that can only have one specific answer as far as I can see. I could be wrong though.
    This raises two possibillities:
    1. Setting those questions together was a complete fluke, mere happenstance.
    2. Necro is an evil genius who purposely crafted those questions with the aim of driving us all round the twist.

I know which option I believe ;)

• Advertisement

Well there are two answers in a row that can only have one specific answer as far as I can see. I could be wrong though.
    This raises two possibillities:
    1. Setting those questions together was a complete fluke, mere happenstance.
    2. Necro is an evil genius who purposely crafted those questions with the aim of driving us all round the twist.

I know which option I believe ;)

That he's a flukey bollocks that got lucky its actually possible and only realised after the fact that he should've tried out the game himself first?

Yeah, that's what I think too... :D

Advertisement