Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crypto debit card cash back

• 07-05-2021 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello
    New to boards.ie so hello everyone.
    The threads on this subject seem a little old so i'm asking again if anyone has any info.
    I want a debit card that gives cashback, in to form of bitcoin, on my ordinary day to day purchases.
    They idea is, I can then route as much of my finance as possible through it and thus this will be my dollar cost averaging investment in bitcoin. Sounds a bit too simple though so i'm looking for options. And i don't want to spend crypto to earn it, well maybe stablecoins.
    Swipe seems the best, but they have a lot of bad reviews about their app. Has anyone any experience?
    And what refers to a cashback purchase? Google swipe cashback limitations, and there is a reddit post leading to a set of limitations from swipe. Boards.ie won't let me post links yet.
    Could i pay off a credit card bill and still get bitcoin as cashback?
    I don't think i'll go for Crypto.Com (Which i think people refer to as CDC). I want bitcoin.
    And now there is the binance card, i presume the cashback is in BNB, which i would accept as a poor second to bitcoin, if i can't get it.
    I know revolut, give cashback to metal card holders but it is only 0.1% in Europe and well Not Your Keys; Not Your Crypto!
    Imagine getting good solid crypto from your day to day purchases, i mean your spending the money anyway. This need exploring, especially with Avant card giving cash back and the ability to use curve card for an extra one percent, there is a lot of money to be saved.
    Coin bureau have gone into this but news has gotten a little cold of late.
    Any experience or advice out there gratefully accepted.

Comments

This thread was active only a week ago: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058057226&page=31

I'm waiting for my address to be verified on CDC and I'm going for that one. Some people convert the CRO into something else right after purchases according to that thread. I'm not aware of any card that pays in BTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Wirex were paying in BTC - but have changed it to 2% cashback in their own token, WXT. I also use a crypto.com card for cashback. Makes sense for most of the players out there in this space to get you to have a holding in their token.

Once you receive your cashback rewards, nothing to stop you from converting CRO/WXT/whatever to BTC in the app, as long as you keep the required amount in their token to get the rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭td2008

Blockfi have a Credit Card that pays in bitcoin - i'm on the wait list at the moment, still not sure will i go ahead.
    I think there is a yearly fee

https://blockfi.com/credit-card-waitlist

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

Thanks guys, i should have looked at the other thread more carefully.
    td2008 i think the Blockfi annual charge is $200. But i haven't heard anything as to when we can expect actual cards in ireland.
    I'll look at the other thread and get as much info and post there, very interested in a card.
    Looking at Binance Card, CDC and Wirex now and perhaps Plutus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 browser 321

ConseyMan wrote: »
    Hello
    New to boards.ie so hello everyone.
    The threads on this subject seem a little old so i'm asking again if anyone has any info.
    I want a debit card that gives cashback, in to form of bitcoin, on my ordinary day to day purchases.
    They idea is, I can then route as much of my finance as possible through it and thus this will be my dollar cost averaging investment in bitcoin. Sounds a bit too simple though so i'm looking for options. And i don't want to spend crypto to earn it, well maybe stablecoins.
    Swipe seems the best, but they have a lot of bad reviews about their app. Has anyone any experience?
    And what refers to a cashback purchase? Google swipe cashback limitations, and there is a reddit post leading to a set of limitations from swipe. Boards.ie won't let me post links yet.
    Could i pay off a credit card bill and still get bitcoin as cashback?
    I don't think i'll go for Crypto.Com (Which i think people refer to as CDC). I want bitcoin.
    And now there is the binance card, i presume the cashback is in BNB, which i would accept as a poor second to bitcoin, if i can't get it.
    I know revolut, give cashback to metal card holders but it is only 0.1% in Europe and well Not Your Keys; Not Your Crypto!
    Imagine getting good solid crypto from your day to day purchases, i mean your spending the money anyway. This need exploring, especially with Avant card giving cash back and the ability to use curve card for an extra one percent, there is a lot of money to be saved.
    Coin bureau have gone into this but news has gotten a little cold of late.
    Any experience or advice out there gratefully accepted.

You can get CRO cashback and then exchange it to BTC, thats it

• Advertisement
Advertisement